CMSF2

1 hour ago, Sequoia said:

Do I recall correctly CM:BS has some US M113 version mortar carriers?

I believe it does.

My only real gripe with CM:A (well apart from the trucks) is the absence of Stingers, it's a Hind's playground at the moment.  If they are around you are in for a pasting, nothing you can do but run (which doesn't work well against a 400m area plot) or hide (which doesn't work well period).  The only way to simulate the presence of Stingers is an absence of Hinds, (& vice versa effectively).

Hopefully some modders might take pity on us poor wayward Afghanistan fans and then we'll be able to use CM:SF II to create some proper 'Bear Traps'.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I looked it up, Black Sea does have the M113 mortar carrier (the M1064A3) and the M1129 Stryker mortar carrier. Of course that does not guarantee we'll have them in CMSF 2.

I wonder if they're planning in matching vehicles in each release identically, i.e no US Army trucks until the British Module and no Syrian Truck or Shilka until the NATO module.

"...wonder if they're planning in matching vehicles in each release identically, i.e no US Army trucks until the British Module and no Syrian Truck or Shilka until the NATO module."

It would still be worth the $ to buy the modules.  However, it would be great to get everything in one bundle and pay one price - $100+ or whatever.  It's getting old the way games have been dribbled out bit by bit so one is bored/apathetic by the time the 3rd module is released.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:08 AM, Sequoia said:

I had some of this in another thread but here are some other features that will be new to CMSF with the updated engine:

Water,

Bridges,

Weather,

Troops Surrendering

Kill stats

AA fire

Barbed Wire

Ammo caches

Now flame throwers are no longer used, but does CMRT or CMBS have Molotov cocktails? If so we might see small fires. Just have Molotov cocktails would be a new feature.

There's also many UI changes we'll see.

Am I forgetting some other major feature?

CMSF already has weather. I can't speak for CMBS but I can't recall ever seeing a Molotov cocktail in CMRT.

Otherwise, I wouldn't go mad speculating what is going to be in or out and I don't think it is rocket science. If it is in CMSF 1 it will be updated to latest engine standards and features of the latest engine will be incorporated into CMSF 2.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

"...wonder if they're planning in matching vehicles in each release identically, i.e no US Army trucks until the British Module and no Syrian Truck or Shilka until the NATO module."

It would still be worth the $ to buy the modules.  However, it would be great to get everything in one bundle and pay one price - $100+ or whatever.  It's getting old the way games have been dribbled out bit by bit so one is bored/apathetic by the time the 3rd module is released.

The numerous 'give us a bone' threads and associated posts on those threads tend to disagree. Based on all of the WW2 titles - if we had waited for everything in one hit then we'd probably only have one theatre (Western Front 44-45) done by now.

To be honest it is a moot point because Steve has repeatedly stated that the business model is module based because the huge content model used in CMX1 nearly broke the company.

6 hours ago, Combatintman said:

CMSF already has weather.

Well it has cloudy but I'm talking about things such as rain, which it doesn't have now. That will be new to the game. And if I'm not mistaken, CMSF 2 it may be the first game with dust storms.

3 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Well it has cloudy but I'm talking about things such as rain, which it doesn't have now. That will be new to the game. And if I'm not mistaken, CMSF 2 it may be the first game with dust storms.

Remember the game setting - there ain't a lot of rain in Syria over the CMSF timeframe.

Reference dust storms .... where's your evidence?

10 hours ago, Combatintman said:

The numerous 'give us a bone' threads and associated posts on those threads tend to disagree. Based on all of the WW2 titles - if we had waited for everything in one hit then we'd probably only have one theatre (Western Front 44-45) done by now.

To be honest it is a moot point because Steve has repeatedly stated that the business model is module based because the huge content model used in CMX1 nearly broke the company.

Of course the biz model makes sense - for new products.  My hope is that since we already have all the CMSF content that we'll have the option of buying the entire CMSF2 bundle in one go at whatever price BF sets ($100+ etc.).  If one is already playing or wants to play a CMSF campaign that requires the modules, it would be a pain to have to wait a year or more for all the CMSF2 modules to be released. 

37 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Of course the biz model makes sense - for new products.  My hope is that since we already have all the CMSF content that we'll have the option of buying the entire CMSF2 bundle in one go at whatever price BF sets ($100+ etc.).  If one is already playing or wants to play a CMSF campaign that requires the modules, it would be a pain to have to wait a year or more for all the CMSF2 modules to be released. 

I thought I read it somewhere in the fora, by Steve himself - that when CMSF2 comes out - it will come out with all three modules and all. No ? ill try dig the forum, and search for it.

OK FOUND IT ! so at one point, Steve said

OK, so when can you get a hold of it?  Not until early 2018, which will include the Base Game and all three Modules at one time.  When can you see something from CMSF2?  Way sooner than that.  We just have to, uhm, finish rounding off some rough corners first.

so that settles it. 

Edited by borg

7 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Remember the game setting - there ain't a lot of rain in Syria over the CMSF timeframe.

Reference dust storms .... where's your evidence?

So are you suggesting Battlefront shouldn't include the rain feature even though it comes at no development cost to them?

I'm not sure what you mean about evidence about dust storms. If you mean do I have any evidence they will be in CMSF 2 the answer is no, but I see that my statement can be interpreted as saying the updated game will have them. As far as I'm aware none of the non CMX1 games have dust storms so it would take an upgrade to include them, and Steve said they are not planing on upgrades. I should have said I don't believe any CMX2 game has dust storms, but should they decide to add the feature, CMSF 2 strikes me to be the obvious candidate to be the first to include them.

2 hours ago, Sequoia said:

So are you suggesting Battlefront shouldn't include the rain feature even though it comes at no development cost to them?

I'm not sure what you mean about evidence about dust storms. If you mean do I have any evidence they will be in CMSF 2 the answer is no, but I see that my statement can be interpreted as saying the updated game will have them. As far as I'm aware none of the non CMX1 games have dust storms so it would take an upgrade to include them, and Steve said they are not planing on upgrades. I should have said I don't believe any CMX2 game has dust storms, but should they decide to add the feature, CMSF 2 strikes me to be the obvious candidate to be the first to include them.

With regard to rain, no I'm not suggesting that Battlefront does not include it, in fact I did not suggest anything in my post. You asserted that weather was not in CMSF which was untrue. In regard to dust storms, while you did use the word 'may' in relation to their inclusion, you could not point to any statement from Steve that led to your assumption about their inclusion.

The reason I have challenged you on this is because such speculation tends to get out of hand and leads to assumptions suddenly becoming facts in the minds of many and the second order effect of that is somebody whining down the track when the assumed feature isn't included eg 'why aren't dust storms included, you promised etc etc'.

I tend to agree with what @sburkesaid in another thread about it being better to wait for statements from Steve about the details of what will be in CMSF 2 because in my view idle speculation can be unhelpful in that it creates false expectations.

I believe I have already clarified sufficiently what I meant regarding weather and dust storms.  The features the upgraded engine will bring which I, and others, listed above will allow me and others to experience the setting again in what to me will be a whole new flavor.   I have many fond memories of playing through the original campaigns and I'm enthused the old gal is getting a facelift. I appreciate your concern for not wanting to create false expectations, but wow, I don't think my trespasses deserved this kind of a reaction. Anyway, I don't feel this is worth getting in a p*ssing match over, so take the last word if you want it. And genuine thanks for your scenario work.

2 hours ago, Sequoia said:

I believe I have already clarified sufficiently what I meant regarding weather and dust storms.  The features the upgraded engine will bring which I, and others, listed above will allow me and others to experience the setting again in what to me will be a whole new flavor.   I have many fond memories of playing through the original campaigns and I'm enthused the old gal is getting a facelift. I appreciate your concern for not wanting to create false expectations, but wow, I don't think my trespasses deserved this kind of a reaction. Anyway, I don't feel this is worth getting in a p*ssing match over, so take the last word if you want it. And genuine thanks for your scenario work.

I'm not into urinating competitions either but as I said I do think some speculation can create false expectations which get out of hand really quickly. I'm sure that we will both be knocked out by whatever CMSF 2 delivers and we will have some improved CMSF experiences in the future.

All the best and no hard feelings at all - I look forward to creating new content that I hope you will enjoy.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:08 PM, IICptMillerII said:

The animations for Black Sea can be found in the v100a data file. All I did was explode the file, copy the "animations" folder into the "Z" folder in CMSF and loaded up CMSF. Same for CMA. I suppose if you wanted you could port the WWII animations into CMBS/CMSF/CMA, or if you wanted to get more technical you could mix and match.

Aw geez, you're making me want to become a modder.

Edited by SLIM

Since this is wishes and dreams...How about making new module for CMBS that is CMSF2, or vics versa.  I would like to think that moving the OOB from CMBS to the new CMSF2 would be a lot less than developing a new module for CMBS.  I would gladly play a full game price for combining CMBS and CMSF.

Well I'm going to take the thread back to a wish Sburke made anyway. Maybe it's not an additional feature beyond v4 if Black Sea has it. So I'm asking therefore does Black Sea have IED's and if so can they be cleared? I remember one scenario where I just knew a IED was in a spot and had a Stryker fire 40mm at the spot hoping it would detonate, but no. No dice until a vehicle approached closely.

Shooting the IED is the wrong way to go about it.....Shoot all the windows looking at the IED, then the trenches, clumps of trees and anywhere else even vaguely suspicious.

I'd definitely like to see some means of detecting IEDs (particularly the wire type), the jammers @Combatintman mentions would be very welcome too.  I'd also like to see some means of removing IEDs as suggested by @sburke, this would indeed allow us to build some very cool scenarios.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead