Got the email -- woot!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for nothing, but y'all suck at the 'don't tell anyone' part of the e-mail.

Thank you for that, as I saw the email early and discounted it as a newsletter from another game I play that starts with the word 'Battle'.

"Battle: Tentacled Fluffy Bunnies vs. School Girl Happy Team VI"

It's Japanese.

Don't feel bad if you haven't pre-ordered.... I did, but for whatever reason I can't download it from the site. Have an order confirmation on the site, with key, but have a "You have already downloaded the file(s) the maximum number of times, or the download period has expired" message there. For whatever reason, I have the annoucement email like everyone else.... but not download link email from last week (and I keep EVERYTHING).

What a !@#$ed day.....

Moon said that all attempts should be reset before the donwloads open. I suggest emailing sales@battlefront.com about it with your order number etc.

cmon guys, it is still in pre order state so he didn't really do anything that has an impact. And who can blame him for being excited. We pre orders are all getting the email and would be downloading anyway.

Seriously. Some of you maybe need to lighten up a bit.

Anyone could've done it, and as Moon said, it happens every time. Hell I didn't even open the new email before I was downloading.

I agree that in the future maybe BF should put the "keep it to yourself" message in the pre-order confirmation or something.

Anyway, let's all have a big hug and enjoy the goodness! Pretty sure an extra half hour after all this anticipation isn't going to kill anyone.

One thing I'd like to know is... how could anyone be "screwed over" due to people posting the e-mail on the forum?

I mean, up until now you can only preorder the game, there are no regular options! That means anyone who is able to download the game actually preordered, hence he isn't "stealing" bandwidth. :confused:

Because now that people know it is out they can go and buy the game too. They would have had to wait for the initial announcement. It's not the end of the world, but knowing what a PITA it was to download the demo, you would think people wouldn't want to tell the world that the game was out.

I used FlashGet and it took no time. That's the way to go- everyone downloading is helping everyone else download and so everyone gets it faster.

You know, I grabbed that but couldn't figure out how to use it fast enough, so I just fired it up direct. Then I was afraid to cancel that that and try again, so I just let it go.

It SAYS when you start a download FlashGet will detect it and automatically start, but that didn't happen.

Oh well, about done anyway.

You know, I grabbed that but couldn't figure out how to use it fast enough, so I just fired it up direct. Then I was afraid to cancel that that and try again, so I just let it go.

It SAYS when you start a download FlashGet will detect it and automatically start, but that didn't happen.

Oh well, about done anyway.

You have to link it to whichever browser you are using

Quarter of the way there, at least I will get to play some tonight, if not much.

I agree that if the email was intended to be secret, it should have said so in the title or something. When I opened it all I saw was a big mush of un-formated text that I didn't bother to read. If it had had one of those "Loose lips sink ships" propaganda posters, photoshopped to include CMBN somehow, it could have made all the difference.

Because now that people know it is out they can go and buy the game too. They would have had to wait for the initial announcement. It's not the end of the world, but knowing what a PITA it was to download the demo, you would think people wouldn't want to tell the world that the game was out.

You can't buy the normal versions yet, so this makes no sense.