Quick update on release status

I think I should have married an American lady. Anytime I clear my list of chores I don't get peace and quiet for two weeks; I get another, longer, list of chores to be done, with the expectation taht they can be done even quicker than the last lot.

In the words of the great engineer Scotty "you didn't tell em how long it would REALLY take did you?!!"

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally figured it out - they don't know when it's going to be released yet either - they probably have a guess that's about a 'week better' than mine.

That was nice of them to give us all the heads up by the end of April - I actually think they owed* that to us and Steve came thru with the appropriate update

Kudos to Battlefront - gentlemen and scholars

*(IM"H"O)

Unlike the last 3 years, we actually have a VERY good idea when the game will ship. Down to a specific time of a specific day. What we don't know yet is if we'll make it exactly on time because there are (as I said in my first post) some variables, a few of which are not much within our control. Having said that, things seem to be going along as expected. Problem is, we never know until we know!

Steve

My guesstimate

The game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it. However it is amazing to see a software company so dedicated to making sure the product is 'right'. I wish other companies would set their standards as high.

Take as long as you need!

The product already looks fantastic and any team who seems and dedicated to 'getting it right' deserves success. I wish you all a million sales.

My guess.....Monday the 9th....but don't sweat if its later.

Cheers

I hope with sales and everything else you will come out with other moduls i.e Brits, Canadians, ect, ect, or is that in there?

They're slated for the 1st Module. And there's no doubt about us making them. Sales so far are quite nice :D Reminds me of when we started taking preorders for CMBO and thinking "hey, we might actually be able to make games for another year". Needless to say we had modest expectations for what happened after release compared to how things actually went.

We figure if Modern warfare could keep our coffers full enough to stay around for 3 years, WW2 Western Front should be able to do a wee bit better than that.

Steve

They're slated for the 1st Module. And there's no doubt about us making them. Sales so far are quite nice :D Reminds me of when we started taking preorders for CMBO and thinking "hey, we might actually be able to make games for another year". Needless to say we had modest expectations for what happened after release compared to how things actually went.

We figure if Modern warfare could keep our coffers full enough to stay around for 3 years, WW2 Western Front should be able to do a wee bit better than that.

Steve

Hopefully you will make a dollar or two then :)

and you are dead right this is definetely bring back the feelings of waiting ... waiting ... demo ...waiting .. CMBO is herethe urge to play is back again and the anticipation, its hard to believe its been so long I look up and see Ive been a member since 1999 where have all those years gone ????? back then a NZ $ bought $0.38 US now its double that so this is half price and I dont have to wait for the mailman to arrive

Great work guys .... you wouldnt happen to feel sorry for a punter in earthquake ravaged Christchurch and send me a bit of stress relief ???? ( aftershocks are stressful) 1500 so far since Sept another 5.4 yesterday ;)

Anyway looks great anticipation is growing ......

I wouldn't mind seeing a more built up urban environment myself. Some close house to house fighting with a bit of armour support thrown in would be nice on a large map. The last one was nice but it was as single road with some houses lined up on it pretty much north to south. I'd like to see a denser urban map if possible. I can also just wait till the game comes out and you can do whatever you'd like as well since I'll take anything over nothing :P

To Steve,

Do the best, even if it difficult for us to wait. Every thing to make the release best is highly acceptable. Meanwhile, I cool down doing some gardening.

Cheers

I am currently relying on Mechwarrior Living Legends to take the edge off the waiting. Can be considered practice too, in a way. If you squint at it just right, a Clan Madcat is KINDA like a Panther, with particle cannons instead of a KwK :)

I am currently relying on Mechwarrior Living Legends to take the edge off the waiting. Can be considered practice too, in a way. If you squint at it just right, a Clan Madcat is KINDA like a Panther, with particle cannons instead of a KwK :)

What's a Fafnir with heavy Gauss then? :eek:

Have you tried the free version of MW mercenaries?