Quick update on release status

I am currently relying on Mechwarrior Living Legends to take the edge off the waiting. Can be considered practice too, in a way. If you squint at it just right, a Clan Madcat is KINDA like a Panther, with particle cannons instead of a KwK :)

I had no idea this even existed, this old Mechwarrior thanks you. Now I won't get ANY sleep tonight :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let you know things are rolling along nicely (if all the activity from us wasn't a hint ;)) and we are nearly there. We don't want to jinx ourselves with an exact date, but roughly speaking here's where we are at:

1. Manuals are at the printers and should be back at the end of next week.

2. We have everything we need for the Demo, but we're still in the process of making/testing the special Demo EXE/App for the PC/Mac Demos.

3. With the next build for the testers will be officially be in the Final Candidate stage of testing. This is after Beta but before Gold Master. Final Candidate is to catch any glaring rough edges, like a missing graphic or what not. We're "done" making significant code changes so we won't risk introducing new issues into the gameplay. We're actually NEVER really "done", but if we don't think that way then you'll never get to play the darned thing :D

So... that's where we stand. For those of you trying to project a ship date... here's a hint. It won't be this coming Friday, that's for sure. How soon could it be? Depends on how Final Candidate and Gold Master testing go, as well as the manuals being ready and other standard variables.

Steve

P.S. Bone -> there are three scenarios for the Demo. One attack as Germans, one attack as Americans, one Tutorial as Americans. The latter is designed to give newbies a "cake walk" scenario to learn how to play the game before diving into the other two battles. It's an adaptation from the longer Tutorial included in the game itself.

Wow.. What a disappointment.

So much for the end of April.

Now at best it looks like the middle to end of May.

This game should throw out some Advertisement! Just heard from this game 3 Days ago! Never heard from it before, after I didnt looked at this site anymore since Combat mission went with call of duty and all the other games (into modern sucking Age). Heard from the released Manual for Combat mission Battle for Normandy and I thought What?? combat mission is going back to WW2! Hell yeah! Preordered it yesterday. But you dont hear anything about it anywhere!

Odd you bring that up. I remember not very long ago that about the only advertisments that you would see on TV were for EA sports titles. I think in the last year alone off the top of my head I saw them for Dragons Age, Mass Effect2, Cyrsis2, CoD:BO and Assassins Creed2. I would guess you'd need a retarded large budget to throw out TV spots and I realize TV is not the only form of advertisment but imo word of mouth has always been a steady seller it seems. I do hope to see more banners etc for this game at gaming sites etc as the more people introduced to a game like this means more success and more people to play/mod etc. Also means more idiots but hey, you can't have everything right? :)

I don't remember how I heard about the original CMBO... Just that I was big into Talonsoft and SSI's titles so I must have seen it referenced somewhere, maybe wargamer.com? I do remember being proud to see an advertisement for it in a WW2 magazine back in the day. Maybe I can venture to ask formally what is being planned in terms of advertisement for CMBN? Surely not a television spot! :P

Cable access perhaps?

You know the guy who does The Atheist Experience cable access looks suspiciously like how I recall madmatt looked. And his name is even matt! Maybe someone could call in and shout out a plug for battlefront :P

Normaly you should hear about the game from Gamesites, or may be the PC gamer, in Germany may be Gamestar and so on. dont know why! On http://www.games-news.de/ you hear from every ****ing game, every news! But even there totally quiet! I heard there from the game because of the manual! thats all! just one Link! Other games have 10 Links or more! That is unusual! I mean I believe, that there would be much more people, who would buy the game, but they dont know it.

Normaly you should hear about the game from Gamesites, or may be the PC gamer, in Germany may be Gamestar and so on. dont know why! On http://www.games-news.de/ you hear from every ****ing game, every news! But even there totally quiet! I heard there from the game because of the manual! thats all! just one Link! Other games have 10 Links or more! That is unusual! I mean I believe, that there would be much more people, who would buy the game, but they dont know it.

BF will need to use Twitter, FB,YT and other social means to promote CM:BFN, to find those *thinking Chess type players out there.

Hey, maybe a small teaser BFN app? :)

Times have changed but thankfully CM WWII didn't.. except get deeper.

I have a suggestion for BF... Is it possible to set a time of day when announcements will be made/stuff will get released? If you said "We'll make any announcements at 10h00 EST" (or whenever), the refresh monkeys would at least get most of the day off...