Version 1.11 information

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually pretty sure that the owners of the Paradox version and Marines will get BF patch. We use the elicense now anyways...

Check out this thread: [thread=83914]How does Marines and Paradox Retail version integrate?[/thread].

Sorry if the overconfident answer without any referrals yesterday caused confusion. You aren't at your best when you wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep anymore...

Lots of work done on TCP/IP play. Major improvements in speed, consistency, and reliability. Charles found some rogue code that was being, well, "litigious" (anal retentive, if you will ;)). Apparently it was capable of choking the connection up for a little bit at the beginning of a game for no reason. Having that cleared out made a big difference over v1.10. Some minor bugs were corrected as well, though many of them were introduced during the v1.11 development process (you guys have no idea how many bugs you never see!). Reliability was also improved, though for the most part it was because the bottleneck issue was cleaned up.

Other changes that helped speed and other issues within the game in general also helped out TCP/IP. I've played a couple of games in the last week and they were fluid, despite me being on a so-so connection playing against people in Europe.

Pathfinding was the first thing we tackled and Charles hasn't had to touch the code in weeks. It's where it should have been in v1.10, which is a major improvement over previous versions without "a step backwards". As you guys know, pathfinding is one of the biggest problems for game developers so I don't want to say that it's perfect now. I'm sure there is something that someone can do sometime that will yield a result that the player can legitimately argue is sub-optimal. But those should be rare things now.

Steve

v1.11 demo should come out very soon. It's done, but we haven't given the install a test yet.

There have been some fixes to the sound channels for some cards, so I guess that's what you're having problems with Lampshade111?

Echo,

There might be some more QB tweaks, but as we've said for a long time now... spending time on a system we're completely overhauling isn't the best thing for the game overall. Better to spend that time on things that will be retained going forward, like a completely overhauled QB system ;)

Steve

Excellent news! What a Christmas present! Can't wait to get back to CMSF/Marines - When I heard that patch 1.11 was in the works, I got this dumb bug up my a$$ that I was going to wait until the new patch came out before playing any more (that was weeks and weeks ago!) and it has been dumbest decision because v1.10 is still damn good! (but for some reason i've stuck with it)....all the while checking in here two or three times a day to see about any news of 1.11 being released.

Now that I know it is coming out next week I can't wait to get back to CMSF!

The improvements sound fantastic. Thanks BFC, great job.

Question? Can games created with V 1.10 still run once updated to 1.11?

Do you have a list of the smaller changes in 1.11 you can give us?

Some troops were found to have non-issue Camelbaks, these have been corrected.

All troops have been issued new uniforms because their old ones were becoming quite threadbare. They should look nicer as a result, except for Private Snowden who refuses to iron his pockets.

Load plans on all vehicles have been checked and corrected by the 1SG and XO.

The postal service was able to set up more regular delivery so the troops should be happier.

That thing on the AAV, you know, the one under the other thing, that was making that noise; well it doesn't do that anymore.

The motorpool is now using a more Earth Friendly drysweep so it has less of an impact on the local environment.

Battalion finally got around to processing those awards so the troops can wear them the next time they are in their dress uniforms.

Private Goodman has been doing some extra running so he should be a lot slimmer now.

The Family Support Group has moved its meeting to Thursday night at 7 pm.

Aircraft are now painted with the proper squadron markings.

All MREs now have the long brown spoon which corrects the occasional finding of the older short white spoon that got your hands dirty if you opened the wrong end of the main meal packet.

Unfortunately a case of Chicken-Ala-King slipped in with the newer MREs. Sorry about that.

Finally, the new rate for the GI Bill was implimented.

:D

Hi,

I confess that I never really missed the WEGO that now comes with 1.11….

But having used it a lot in testing I love it… it is by far my preferred way to play now… strangely relaxing method of play… add in the huge improvements in computer player AI over CMX1 and solo play is immeasurably more fun than in CMX1..

In my prejudiced view… ;).

All the best,

Kip.