Official CM:SF Unreasonable Request Thread

In honour of those who lobbied long and hard for King Tigers in CM:AK - I give you the Official CM:SF Unreasonable Request Thread.

I shall start. Feel free to add yours.

*ahem*

BFC - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add some code to give us the option of converting the flat roofs in CM:SF to angled roofs so that we can do European or North American landscapes. Everything else we can mod ourselves (trees, grass colour, background bmp, etc.) I'm making a map of my neighbourhood and the rooves just don't look right(!) :mad:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was it unreasonable to request King Tigers in CMAK? The 3D model already existed in the codebase and it would have widened the use of the game. Since it was the last CMx1 game anyway what's the harm.

I know that Steve doesn't support any kind of what-if and that's why, but that doesn't mean that the omission made technical or marketing sense.

I have a number of requests & suggestions. All would clearly improve the experience.

#1) I would like to be included in future releases. I would be a very popular unit, so should probably have my own side. That should be purple. I should be able to dance very well.

#2) The use of any armored vehicles OR leg-unit exit from any building should be accompanied by sound clips from "Who Let the Dogs Out."

#3) Better modeling of thumbwrestling. Currently, this is far too abstract.

#4) Hand-to-hand combat should occasionally be resolved by fish-slapping.

#5) Supermodel cameos.

#6) Make select armored units available for corporate sponsorship decals. All such units will subsequently only be allowed to turn left.

#7) Better modeling of feng-shui in editor and maps.

#8) Inappropriate and ill-timed references to "The Muscles from Bussels."

#9) Two words: Legos

#10) More grass mods.

I want BFC to include the M4 Sherman tank as a hidden easter egg in the game. With the editor open to the units screen, hold down shift, then type s-h-e-r-m-a-n and one tank will instantly appear in the OOB for the American side. Then we can ogle it and dream about WW2 scenarios.

Actually, I thought about claiming this was already the case as a prank, and decided it would be silly, and probably wouldn't go very far before somebody asked for a screenshot or something.

Still, would be cool to have just one WW2 vehicle in CMSF as a hidden feature. Don't you think?

I really have to second olduvai_again's request that he be added back as a unit. He was by far my favorite unit in CMBB and I really missed him when he was dropped in CMAK just because he didn't appear in the African theatre.

If it's too hard to add him in as his own side in just a patch, perhaps he could just be temporarily added into the US order of battle as a temporary measure pending a proper purple module.

My two cents,

ol-mouse

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

.... I'm making a map of my neighbourhood ...

HEY YOU, THAT WAS MY IDEA :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol, it'll be nice to have fights in different nieghborhoods around the US or europe and such. Different places have different styles of making communities and neighborhoods, so the diversity will be welcome. smile.gif

I wonder why this hasn't come up yet. Since the tripod can now be accurately modeled, why isn't there a Bren LMG in the game? Along with the missing horses, this seems to be the most important issue right now.

Unless this is fixed SF is totally unplayable.

Also, we really need more flavor objects like choclate and vanilla. I'm a semi-professional ice-cream eater and I really see no reason why BFC left this out.

1: CMSF WW2 Mod with King Tiger, Horses etc.

2: HPTargets like Bin Laden, Assad, Bush.

3: Working Gas Stations with Air Miles.

4: Hiding places like Sadam Used. (to play seek the HPT)

5: Accelerate time button.

6: Slow Motion Button.

7: Repair and Towing units.

8: Bridge laying and Mine Clearing Tanks.

9: Leopard 2 A6, CV 90/35, Fennek and Dutch OOB.

10: Female soldiers... (Kidnappable)