Which features do we think WON'T be in CMx2?

MikeyD

We've all seen those never-ending CMx2 wish lists. And we've all seen the CMx2 bone threads. You may have noticed the two don't exactly match up. Your opinion: Which of the big 'wish list' items do you think/guess have NO chance of appearing in the final game?

This is an important question. If BFC doesn't find a way to manage grog expectations even the best A #1 game will manage to disappoint them. And BFC thrives on word-of-mouth advertising.

– Me, I doubt the game will have a grand strategic overlay element. No way of associating your small patch of territory to the movement of the whole army. For damn sure no way of influencing the above-mentioned grand strategic design!

- Also, I doubt the graphics will really bowl us over. It will still look like a 'computer game' and not some Matrix-style virtual reality. don't get me wrong, I expect it to be 20 times cooler than CM1 could hope to be, but not 100 times cooler.

That's my guess :D

More on the lowered expectations front:

– I doubt the choreography of movements from individual infantry poygons in squads and teams will be graceful enough to please everybody, especially when it comes to odd/rare maneuvers (getting a reduced mortar team over a stone wall for instance). Again, I bet it'll be 20 times - no, 50 times better than CM, just not 200 times better!

Originally posted by zmoney:

I thought the graphics were ok in cmbb. What I think their going to leave out is WW2. Or at least that is my worst fear. I certainly hope I'm wrong because they make great games with WW2 themes.

I cannot understand why Battlefront are being so tight-lipped about the setting myself. From a "conspiracy theory" point of view, it would suggest they aren't doing WWII again, and are just too scared to say so until they are very close to releasing the product, for fear of alienating their fan base.

Then again, maybe I've just read too many books by Eric Von Daniken.

Exploding radishes

An AFV plunging into a basement while crashing thru a house

Crewmen doing a victory dance at the end of a scenario

Troops forgeting about the battle to do some looting

Farm animals

A commander throwing down his helment and leaving the field

A higher commander relieving a subordinate for going to slow

Peasants throwing clods of earth at vehicles messing up their fields

Fighter aircraft landing so the pilot can take some pot shots with his pistol

Yeh, I've been pushing for drunken cossaks in a civilian sedan driving up and down roads at random to the tune "Foggy Mountain Breakdown". I don't think that'll make it into the game either.

What about civilians? Do you think we'll EVER see random AI controlled civilians in the game engine? I can't imagine a Beirut or Iraq or even a Vietnam game without civilians. But BFC has expressed some resistance to the idea in the past.

What about civilians? Do you think we'll EVER see random AI controlled civilians in the game engine? I can't imagine a Beirut or Iraq or even a Vietnam game without civilians. But BFC has expressed some resistance to the idea in the past.
There is mention in the synopsis thread that civies will be possible in CMx2

You know, I like astronomy but I really don't require Battlefront to have the correct constellations in the night sky depending on location and time of year as mentioned in an IGN article. Now having the Sun in the right place and moving would be great as it really would have some tactical relevance.

The swedish close combat bikini team.

Although I really don't understand why BFC won't include them. A picture of them on the box would certainly increase sold copies among the 14-17 year olds by a gazillion %. Just think of it: THE SWEDISH CLOSE COMBAT BIKINI TEAM! In Waffen-SS uniforms! With mine dogs! And strap-ons! Battling the Space Lobsters of DooM!

*gasp*

*hyperventilates*

*faints*