And now for my next trick, I will make the v1.01 patch feature list appear!!!!!!!!!!

Great work with the patch guys, i look forward to it.

One minor thing, you mention HQ AFV's will now be harder to spot/identify, does this not go against reality?,as the Germans for one, specifically looked for and targeted Soviet command tanks to break up the attacks. It was common practise to seek out flag wavers or tanks with more aerials to remove the command element. If anything they should be made to stand out more in the game..ie add a flag waver/aerial to hq vehicles.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

We are planning on co-ordinating with CDV so all versions (Battlefront and CDV) of the patch are released at the same time.

Hip, hip..... :D

* Ski troops moving in a building lose their skis.

Any possibility to have a "skis on / skis off" command ?

* Finns can be assigned panzerfausts in the editor on or after May 1944 (but note that they should be considered very rare before July, and even then are far less common than they are among German troops).

Right on !

* Finnish StuG III vehicles are now the "early mid" version, not the "early" version (note: 3D model is not changed, however).

Right on !

* Finnish StuG III becomes available June 1944.

Well..... better that than January 1943. smile.gif

* New vehicle models: BT-5 M1933, BT-5A, BT-7 M1937, BT-7M, BT-7A, T-70 M1943, Toldi II, Zrinyi, TACAM R-2, Brummbaer (mid and late), Pz IVG (mid and late), Pz IVH, Pz IVJ, Pz M15/42 738(i), Semovente L40 da 47/32, Csaba, Nimrod, Ansaldo CV-35, R-35, R-1 Tankette.

Damn. All those BT's but still no Komsomolets tractor or Landsverk Anti AA tanks. :(

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

NOOOO!!! I need the sdkfz 10/4 and the nashorn and the hummel and the 251/22 (21?) and all of them! Don't let Danny and Charlie stop until they are ALL DONE!!!!

Say *whut* now? What textures do the Nashorn and Hummel actually have- some Marder model??? Strange.

Excellent work on the patch BFC gentlemen!! Considering development and testing times, the number of features that are being added in this release are incredible. I know I would impress my clients if I issued release notes for a patch that was that deep (hmmm, I need to talk with the developers...). Anyway, I have a couple questions regarding the patch.

Will the Quick Battle editor be modified in this patch to allow for the setting of ground conditions to be different from weather conditions? That is snowy ground without having to set the weather to snow?

Thanks for the hard work and the answer!

And, how long before you guys finally get a vacation? May I recommend a winter BFC retreat to St. John USVI.

Great Job! Way to go.

Ok, I've read the original posting twice and every posting since. I have a question.

What about the bug where Armor recieves command from Infantry HQs when they lose their Armor HQs?

I was told that this was known and in the first patch. (I bet that it is. It probably just didn't get typed out by Madmatt. That's all.)

[ October 18, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Le Tondu ]

The 1.01 patch is complete and will not be changed. We are going through the process of final testing and coordinating release with CDV. There will be a 1.02 patch which will hopefully be the last one. This will contain some more models and a few more fixes/tweaks, but not to the extent of 1.01.

Le Tondu, you are correct. New behavior is that no HQ is assigned to vehicles which lost their HQ vehicle in a previous battle.

Steve

As tacitus says below, it would be nice to have the .exe part of the patch separate for downloading from the .bmp files etc. 35 megs is a large download and I really would prefer to have it broken up as well.

Tacitus

Member # 9805

posted October 17, 2002 03:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please may the (great} patch be made available in portions of 10 Meg max. I suspect that a lot of peoples Internet setups and speeds of downloads prevent downloads much greater than 10 Megs.

I posted this request soon after the games release and one of the (favourable) replies said "What that size?!!That`s frigging huge!!!Can`t imagine anything that size."

SO PLEASE CAN WE HAVE IT IN BITESIZE CHUNKS.

Originally posted by manchildstein II:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leather Suitcase:

If space on the CD is too tight how about a 2-CD distribution? It'd probably be the first double album I buy which would actually be worth the money ("Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" excepted, of course).

what about frampton comes alive?</font>

Originally posted by Nick Carter:

As tacitus says below, it would be nice to have the .exe part of the patch separate for downloading from the .bmp files etc. 35 megs is a large download and I really would prefer to have it broken up as well.

Tacitus

Member # 9805

posted October 17, 2002 03:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please may the (great} patch be made available in portions of 10 Meg max. I suspect that a lot of peoples Internet setups and speeds of downloads prevent downloads much greater than 10 Megs.

I posted this request soon after the games release and one of the (favourable) replies said "What that size?!!That`s frigging huge!!!Can`t imagine anything that size."

SO PLEASE CAN WE HAVE IT IN BITESIZE CHUNKS.

Use a program that allows you to resume download, like Getright or Download Accelator. Those things were lifesavers when I had 56k! I actually downloaded the 300+ Steel Panthers World at War game on a 56k using Getright. Took me the better part of a week :D

Can't wait for the patch. Will that be the equivalent of MDMP1 or will there likely be a 'mod' type D/L of that type too? 25 Meg too!! Just hope I can pull it down a 56K connection within 2hrs (the ISP kicks the connection out after that and we're too far out in the wilds to get broadband at the moment). Fingers crossed.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you... *deep breath* thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And that's only for the scaling tracers from higher views! Who said whining didn't do anything? :D

GREAT patch, glad to see most (if not all?) of the bugs/features I've noticed in the game being fixed.

Regarding what vehicles to include, I'm glad to see you guys again do the correct thing (imho), do the usual/actually used vehicles first, forget about the IS3 or what it's called...

18 hours to add a single vehicle?! That's insane! smile.gif 18 * 300 vehicles / 8 hours per day (not that you only work 8 hours...) / 5 days per week (not that you don't work on the weekends...) = 135 weeks! 2.6 years!

I can see your feature list for CMII:

1. Relative spotting

2. Fix the damn vehicle insertion routine!!!

;)

* Corrected a problem where bailed tank crews from a saved game would show graphical problems with their uniforms or crash when clicked on.
I wonder if they are talking about that glitch from the demo or the fact that tank crews bail but they are wearing the wrong uniform all together.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by manchildstein II:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Leather Suitcase:

If space on the CD is too tight how about a 2-CD distribution? It'd probably be the first double album I buy which would actually be worth the money ("Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" excepted, of course).

what about frampton comes alive?</font>