And now for my next trick, I will make the v1.01 patch feature list appear!!!!!!!!!!

Well, what about a patch that includes whatever coding is necessary to direct the engine to utilize the new skins, then have the new skins available separately for download? Or, in a slight twist on Matrix's self updating feature on Uncommon Valor, have the patch direct the browser directly to the dl of the .bmp files and an auto installer for that? More complication, I'm sure, but to the extent the CD space is a problem, and further, to the extent elimination of the .bmp from the patch itself (and future iterations of the CMBB CD), would save space, is this something that would be feasible to do? Knowing nothing about the amount of space the coding itself would take up, it seems that the space saved by separate source installation of the textures might be worth a look. It would definitely satisfy the community's desire to have all the models. BFC's enthusiasm to put in the work to provide all these models though, which must be substantial, might be a limiting factor.

Cant be done guys.

Basically it takes almost as long for Steve and Chalres to get a model in game as it does for me to texture it. Yes, we could do it, but youd probably see no further code changes, bugs or others, from here on in. Putting in every single model we have complete would take a long long time with the current engine.

This will change with the rewrite guys and Ill be able to handle it all of the parts of the process myself, which will speed the process up a lot.

Dan

Hehe, well dont forget guys we play CM too smile.gif

Id LOVE to be able to put in every single model. I mean that, Id absolutely love too, which is why I made them. The problem is that reality hits home and it cant be done for many reasons described above. We realise our limitations and I wont promise something we cant deliever here guys...and chances are that we cant do every single model.

What I can promise is that I will try my hardest to get as many of those suckers in there as I can smile.gif We did better than expected with the first patch, so I think we should do pretty well!

Dan

[ October 18, 2002, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Releasing CMBB as a lo-res game like CMBO would allow lower end users to play, and allow all the BMPs to fit. A high-res CD or patch can then be sold or downloaded.

Another idea would have been a core German-Russian CD game, with add on CD modules for the minors, which would include additional vehicle models and scenarios.

Alternately, a 1941-1943 CD, and a 1943-1945 CD could be sold, which could be played together or as separate games.

Campaign CD modules could also be sold (including a campaign booklet) with specific vehicles, uniforms, and/or terrain mods (i.e.: the SiG 33B included with Stalingrad, whitewashed SS helmets for Kharkov, etc, etc).

CMBB is monumental in scope, and the number of BMPs completed so far is incredible. It's near impossible to please everybody in regards to prioritizing the BMPs, as everyone has their own favorite AFV or campaign. I personally would like to see all the German BMPs completed, even if it takes several patches over a period of time. Hopefully someday every vehicle included with CMBB will have its own BMPs.....

"We realise our limitations and I wont promise something we cant deliever here guys...and chances are that we cant do every single model."

:( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused:

I realize BF has been hard at work to correct more important issues aside from BMPs. I have scaled back my optimism in regards to future patches over the last few days....no Pz Beob Wg III, no Schwimmwagen, no spotters firing from HTs, etc.

My only remaining hope is that aside from correcting bugs, all vehicles have the correct BMPs, even if it takes several patches. If that is too much to ask for, please fix the German BMPs....please.

Oak, I have been working non stop since the game was finished to complete the vehicles included in 1.01, along with 3 of the mod guys. Unfortunately under the current engine it is a long and complicated process to get models in game, and it takes quite some time per model. I wish it was easy and they could all be added plus some extras, but we can only do whats possible, not whats not smile.gif

Guys, its important to note that we have never promised vehicles that werent included in the origional game...there are some 300+ vehicles in there now. We will be updating as many of the models as we can before we need to move on though. We will prioritise vehicles according to their quantities and combat usage at this point.

Dan

[ October 18, 2002, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Guys, its important to note that we have never promised vehicles that werent included in the origional game...there are some 300+ vehicles in there now. We will be updating as many of the models as we can before we need to move on though.

...I understand completely, its ok to wish though....

Madmatt,

Impressive, but I believe your crater text (pg. 53) has a glitch, to wit:

"...which type of crater you are faxing."

Unless I'm badly off, I believe you meant for "facing" to appear in place of the "faxing" shown?

The current version confused me before I sorted out what was really being said.

Regards,

John Kettler

Kwazydog, what are bmp's 305 and 306? Are they shells?

And by the way, I appreciate how much work you all (BFC) put into this, and think you've done a spectacular job.

EDITED - Is it the flagpoles?

[ October 18, 2002, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: japinard ]

I think the most humorous (to me) bug fix was the M17 range being fixed to be 2500. It would appear to me that the 250 (?) max range was a typo ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad the fix is in, it's just amusing what a small little typo can do. One does wonder now if the M17 will track incoming aircraft sooner (if tracking is based on max range, it should...).

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

"Why don't you play something cool, like Marillion?"

BAH!

"Why don't they play something cool, like Hawkwind or Marillion."

Would be the correct quote, you muslim infidel.The fact that I knew this without resorting tapes or Google searches plus the fact that I haven't even watched this episode in eight years speaks volumes.

Not that there's anything wrong with THAT, either.

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

"Why don't you play something cool, like Marillion?"

BAH!

"Why don't they play something cool, like Hawkwind or Marillion."

Would be the correct quote, you muslim infidel.The fact that I knew this without resorting tapes or Google searches plus the fact that I haven't even watched this episode in eight years speaks volumes.

Not that there's anything wrong with THAT, either.</font>

I still haven't heard anything official about the russian rocket artillery issue. The number of tubes listed in the unit info doesn't have any impact on the number of rockets fired. Even if they get more ammo than tubes all rockets are fired in a single volley.

Either include a reload delay or show something like "unlimited" as the number of tubes.

Dschugaschwili

Originally posted by Pak_43:

"Oh no.... Steve Hillage!" :cool:

And what the hell is wrong with Gong anyways? Revolutionary man, revo-LUTION-ary!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Oops. I'm showing my age now........ hehe.

AJ

PS: Obviously no complaints from me about BFC's Official CMBB Patch #01. You do what you can do and that's all that matters. Now, don't be too long in getting to work on the engine re-write ... oh, and the SEPARATE MOD FORUM too .. :D:D

[ October 18, 2002, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by Pak_43:

"Cornflakes. Cornflakes. Cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes... cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes."

You'll never win with that Vyvyan, it's pathetic.

Let's take this bit to the General forum. Sorry all.

[ October 18, 2002, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Geier ]