ROW V

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m in, but as I haven’t played CMBB and CMAK for a long, long time and I’m reading up on German Squad and Panzer Tactics in WW2. What is a good scenario from CMBB and CMAK to practice up on Squad and Panzer tactics? Also what is a good scenario for practicing the use of artillery?

JohnO

Well, to plug my own scenarios, you can try "Counterattack at Petrano" (medium sized) and "A Port for Patton" (large scale) in CMAK. Or "We Must Have that Ridge" in CMBB. All are available at the Scenario Depot.

Meanwhile, Woo Hoo. My fifth straight ROW tourney. We should form a club of the five time players (how many of us are there?)

I did just now. To be honest, without a computer or game there really isn't much I can do for you. I wish I could, but even adding you to the reserve list won't help much without a rig (and don't go renting one - this tourney is hardly that important).

Do you see any light at the end of the tunnel?

Kingfish,

I have the games (all three, in fact), but no Mac rig yet (still pending--talk about a long wait!) to run CMBB and CMAK. Rented one last time, but was in better fiscal shape then and not about to be dehoused, with imploded health (actively evaluating options), with all the stress and uncertainty thereto. While miracles are both possible and needed, if you need to get cracking by the end of February, I guess the best thing for me to do is to

bow out now, for the sake of you and the troops. Am truly sorry I won't be able to participate in the fray. Good luck, one and all!

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

I'm not thanking anyone just yet. I played Proof of Honour as the Germans. I still wake screaming at night with a vision of a AC hurtling out of the fog, past my Jagdpanzer IV KO-ing it with it's .50! :eek: :mad: :mad:

;)

Hey! Button it up! Some of us are still playing that battle & loose lips sinks ships you know (or AFV's as the case may be).

;)

BTW, I'm in. Thanks once again to Kingfish & Cpl. Carrot although I STILL have a bone to pick with the latter from ROW II & ROW III. grumble, grumble smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Wait a minute here...surely someone who happens to live nearby has an old PC capable of running CM he could lend to Mr. Kettler for the duration of the toruney? The system specs do not need to be that high. Hell, I drafted my wife's old Pentium II 400 for a CMAK TCP/IP game not that long ago, and it was servicable, if far from spectacular. I think a Pentium III would be quite adequate.

The ROW threads just wouldn't be the same without him...

Originally posted by Redwolf:

Just for note in case other have the same problem:

the confirmation email is HTML only (no text part at all) and is hence ruthlessly killed by any spamfilter worths its CPU cycles. Look into your junk mail boxes if you miss the confirmation.

If you have suggestions for improving the odds of it arriving, I am all ears. Well more so than usual.

R

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Redwolf:

Just for note in case other have the same problem:

the confirmation email is HTML only (no text part at all) and is hence ruthlessly killed by any spamfilter worths its CPU cycles. Look into your junk mail boxes if you miss the confirmation.

If you have suggestions for improving the odds of it arriving, I am all ears. Well more so than usual.

R </font>

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

Meanwhile, Woo Hoo. My fifth straight ROW tourney. We should form a club of the five time players (how many of us are there?)

I'm toying with the idea that those players that played all 5 RoW tourneys should be rewarded somehow ... ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to Combat Mission:

</font>

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

BTW, I'm in. Thanks once again to Kingfish & Cpl. Carrot although I STILL have a bone to pick with the latter from ROW II & ROW III. grumble, grumble smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

If it makes you feel any better, I think I've become worse since those hay-days. </font>

Malakovski

"I have nothing on hand at present, but I may obtain an old 733 MHz machine in the next coupld weeks. It could easily be gotten into CM shape..."

Very nice offer for John K.

I do take issue with "an old 733 MHz machine" as that is my "new" machine purchased used just last week! Formerly owned by a little old lady... really... who needed sumpin faster for email so she got a G5!

Now John, if you really have time for "blue bar beer call" .... I have an old Mac 7200/ 120MHz you can have. May not be a fast machine but... buy plenty of beer and enjoy a good book.

:)