ROW V

Originally posted by Kingfish:

JC_Hare,

The reason you had not been contacted, and your name was not in our database, was because the online sheet finally did go up and everyone was required to signup there (Please note the second paragraph in the quote). Also, please refer to page 5 of this thread, 3 post down (mine), and third paragraph.

I see you are now signed up as a reserve. As I have mentioned earlier, the chances of a reserve being called on to play are very good. IIRC, we had the same number of reserves for ROW IV, and ended up going thru all of those and well into a second group before the tourney was completed. One guy even managed to go straight from reserve list into the finals.

My apologies if I caused any confusion with my above quote.

Apology accepted. I did not realize that to participate in ROW V, I had to read everyone of the 11+ pages of this post. Since I was one of the first players to show interest, I presumed I would be afforded the courtesy of an email. I have no interest in being a reserve player. Good luck on your tournament.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be a sign of a successful tourney, i've already pissed someone off :confused:

JC,

I ask that you please reconsider, as you have an opportunity to be part of a very challenging and entertaining tournament.

Take a moment, think it over. I still have you on the list. Come back on board, no harm, no foul.

This must be a sign of a successful tourney, i've already pissed someone off :confused:

JC,

I ask that you please reconsider, as you have an opportunity to be part of a very challenging and entertaining tournament.

Take a moment, think it over. I still have you on the list. Come back on board, no harm, no foul.

Since you are being such a gentleman, I will stay in. Ignore my previous post, I am having a bad day at the office.

You see people, diplomacy does work. Maybe that’s what we should do. Scrap the existing scenarios and create all new ones, each based on a challenge that can only be mastered using diplomacy and the offering of an olive branch. No guns, no tanks, just dialogue and debate. Understanding. Compassion.

Nah

You see people, diplomacy does work. Maybe that’s what we should do. Scrap the existing scenarios and create all new ones, each based on a challenge that can only be mastered using diplomacy and the offering of an olive branch. No guns, no tanks, just dialogue and debate. Understanding. Compassion.

Nah

I used to play a board game called Diplomacy which as I recall was mostly about manipulating and betraying your opponents (and former real-life friends), building to a position of overwhelming power where you could miliarily whomp them. Not much compassion there, either....

BTW, JC_Hare, I got into the first tourney off the reserve list and have since played in them all, so the reserve list is not a bad place to be.

Nah

ah so just grenades then :cool:

Kingfish,

A1steaks turns out to have a PC, and another guy (forget name) is more than willing to supply a video card or similar, but is not keen on shipping an entire computer. For the record, I'd be glad to pay the freight charges. How bad could they be? Have had no E-mail and no calls from any other prospective cyber lenders. I continue to hope, but it doesn't look good presently. As for the Cray II,

who keeps you supplied with Freon?

Regards,

John Kettler