ROW V

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yacinator,

Gamey play is a tricky subject, since what may be considered gamey to one opponent is ok to another. My own stance on it as tourney organizer is to not get involved in referring games because someone complained about gamey play. If you have a pet peeve, spell it out beforehand with your opponent.

The only way you can be disqualifed is if you drop out for no reason, cheat (which is not the same as gamey play) or if your $250 tournament application fee does not arrive to me in time.

Walpurgis Nacht,

It is available at the depot. Go get it, and discover the joy of getting slaughtered in the land of Olympus!

Originally posted by Walpurgis Nacht:

Are there any ROW vets who want to do a pbem with me, attacking in _South of Vevi_? I attacked in the tourney so I'd like to try defending it against a good opponent.

WN, I'm not a ROW vet but wouldn't mind playing that (or any other) scenario with you. E-mail me if interested.

Bil

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I, Treeburst155, hereby pledge $20 US to the winner of ROW V. This makes me a sponsor. :D I always wanted to be a sponsor...and a player.

In fact, according to KingFish, this makes you not just a player, but a "very important" player!

Much obliged Mike!

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to Combat Mission:

</font>

El Update-O

To date we have 31 players, which means at the very least we are guaranteed a tournament in the size and structure of ROW I.

As for scenarios, we have one in the briefing tweak phase, two more out for testing, and about 4-6 in development. Most, if not all, will be a tad smaller than those of ROW IV, and will be more like the ones used in ROW I / II.

Mike,

Thank you for sponsering us. As Winecape said, it makes you a very important part of the whole process.

sztartur,

We are looking at a start sometime in late Feb. Still no idea as to when the deadline for completion of the first round will be. Usually around 100 / 120 days.

Oh what dances we shall have...oh my what a pretty thing! Let our nostrils be filled with the scent of blood and ascending souls, let our ears drink the silent chorus. Bless my friends and my foes..RoW V standeth at the door and knocks.

[ January 09, 2005, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: The_Capt ]

Originally posted by Bil Hardenberger:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Walpurgis Nacht:

Are there any ROW vets who want to do a pbem with me, attacking in _South of Vevi_? I attacked in the tourney so I'd like to try defending it against a good opponent.

WN, I'm not a ROW vet but wouldn't mind playing that (or any other) scenario with you. E-mail me if interested.

Bil </font>

We are up to 40 players. Organized along the structure of previous tournaments this means we have a solid 30 w/ 10 reserves, or 36 w/4. Still plenty of room for more.

To give you an idea of the mix of scenarios we have in the works, you will see fighting in the streets of Berlin, through the bocage in Normandy, along the rolling plains of Poland, under the warm sun of Crete, and in the cold mist of the Ardennes.

And there is more to come.

One of my partners in crime is developing a web based entry form which will randomly assign the players into sections of 6 each. The form will have 4 fields to fill:

Full name

CM board nickname

e-mail address

Number of ROW tournaments participated in

It will also send out a confirmation, so make sure to use the address you want to use for the tourney. The sections may be editted by me to ensure we have a balanced mix of vets and noobs.

As with previous ROW tournaments vets get first dibs at a slot. If you are assigned a reserve slot do not be discouraged, as the chances are good you will get to play. IIRC, we went thru several reserve pools before ROW IV was finished.

As soon as the entry form is ready I will announce it here, so keep an eye on this thread for the call up.