ROW V

Relax

This isn't the official announcement. This is just an attempt to gauge what interest there is in the community for another ROW tourney.

We are planning on launching it sometime in Feb, real life permitting, but we still need a few pieces of the puzzle to fall into place. Obviously you all are one of those pieces. Therefore, I would like to hear from you to see what kind of interest there is out there before we begin organizing the tourney.

Keep in mind that this is not the signups.

That will come later, and as with previous tourneys will be conducted on a first come / first serve basis. And as with previous tourneys the vets will get first dibs at a slot.

By all accounts it appears that CMX2 will be released sometime in the late fall / early 2006, so this will be the last ROW tournament using the old engine. Given that, we are contemplating using both CMBB and CMAK scenarios for the tourney, as sort of a last hurrah. We'd like to hear your take on this idea.

One more thing, Please do not post your interest in playing the tourney here. Instead, e-mail me directly at the address listed in my profile. Simply let me know that you are interested, and that you have no problem playing both CMBB and CMAK scenarios.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by the_enigma:

seems cool, 72 places to take up still? any chance a complete cm multiplayer "n00b" would be able to take part?

If they do it the same as last time, you have a chance to get a slot. You just have to watch the forum carefully and register interest quickly.

Then prepare to be whipped ... there are seriously good players out there!

Kingfish,

Apologies for late reply, away on short holiday at yacht club on the south coast here. But in answer to your email question earlier send to me:

Yes. smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to Combat Mission:

</font>

"An army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of bull****."

General George Patton Jnr.

Update time

To date we have 23 players, 4 scenario designers, 7 testers, 1 sponser (very important), and probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 scenarios in various stages of development.

Just so everyone knows, this tourney will only have CMBB & CMAK scenarios. Personally I would love to include one from CMBO, but most were against the idea (some no longer have the game).