Is This True?

Sanok

Sergei posted the following in a thread about the AK patch:

I'm sorry guys, I reported about a bug that prevents scenario designers from having tanks with only MG's (such as Mark VIB) dug-in. At that point the patch was only a day from being released, but now the whole process had to be started from scratch, so the new projected publication date is in July.

Is this going to happen? If so, I find it disheartening that we hear about it from one of the testers, but nothing from BFC. This is major news concerning CMAK.

Originally posted by Sanok:

Is this going to happen? If so, I find it disheartening that we hear about it from one of the testers, but nothing from BFC. This is major news concerning CMAK.

Is it really that bad to hear this from a tester? Actually i was glad to hear about this harmless info. Thanks Sergei, hope you didn't get in trouble for it. I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like he gave us top secret intel concerning CMX2. Now that would be major news.

Originally posted by Sanok:

Sergei posted the following in a thread about the AK patch:

I'm sorry guys, I reported about a bug that prevents scenario designers from having tanks with only MG's (such as Mark VIB) dug-in. At that point the patch was only a day from being released, but now the whole process had to be started from scratch, so the new projected publication date is in July.

Why do you feel it is disheartening to get a update on the patch. Am I missing something :confused:

Oh, trust me, such bug/feature really exists both in CMBB and CMAK.

You can dig in a British ATR Carrier, because the anti-tank rifle is counted as a main gun. Looks like a bathtub with a Boys ATR. But the light tank VIB can't, because it's armed with 12.7mm and 7.7mm machineguns.

And this, of course, is such a major bug that it alone warrants releasing a new patch for CMBB! We want to be able to dig in our T-26 m/31's and T-40's!

Originally posted by Moon:

You didn't hear this from BFC because it's not true. Sergei was pulling your leg. The patch release is actually imminent.

But this goes to show how rumors sometimes can blow out of proportion I guess.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Do you know how many MB the patch count? and if there are new BPMs files in the patch? Thanks Pat.

[ December 08, 2004, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: patboy ]

Originally posted by Juju:

Can someone define the word 'imminent?' ;)

The adjective "imminent" has 2 senses in WordNet.

1. at hand(predicate), close at hand(predicate), imminent, impending -- (close in time; about to occur; "retribution is at hand"; "some people believe the day of judgment is close at hand"; "in imminent danger"; "his impending retirement")

2. word used by forum admins to tease hard working game buyers with enough information to sound exciting but not enough to actually give anything away.