Why not answer, it 'll be interesting - I think.

Peachtree City, Georgia USA - via Walter Reed Army Hospital...Traverse City AFB, Michigan - Duluth AFB, Minnesota - Kadena AFB, Okinawa - McGuire AFB, New Jersey - Valdosta, Ga. - Parris Island, SC - NAS Millington, Tn - MCAS Beaufort, SC - MCAS Cherry Point, NC - MCAS Beaufort, SC - MCAS Iwakuni, Japan, and back to MCAS Beaufort, SC - then Valdosta, GA and lastly where I am today!

I am a mixed puppy - mother is French with relatives living in Paris! ;)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Born a Hoosier, but now residing in The Big Tomato, Sacramento, California, USA. Home of the Sacramento Kings, now wildly popular since they started winning, and Governor Gray Davis, rapidly becoming unpopular amongst people sitting in the dark during rolling blackouts.

btw. I don't have a hot tub and I do have a clothesline.

Hi. I live in New York City right now, in Brooklyn actually. Thats in the State of New York, in the republic known the United States.

But when people ask me where Im from, I have a hard time saying, cause I was born in Hong Kong and lived in 5 countries growing up and after college.

Anyway, by all means, keep on bashing clueless Americans who forget about the rest of the world (although I hardly think the author of this thread fits into any such category) but keep in mind that there are a great many Americans who do know about the rest of the world, like it, and have been to parts of it.

I think Bodo is in Norway, to answer a previous question, and I belive that it is equal in latitude to a Swedish town called Happaranda. The two towns, while not that far apart and at the same latitude have strikingly different climates, due to the influence of Certain Atlantic Currents and the mountains that Lie Between Them.

I currently live in Lantana, Florida (West Palm Beach area)

I grew up in Swartz Creek, Michigan (Flint area)

I've lived in quite a few places, but I'll mention Seattle, Washington, as I lived there for over 5 years.

Scottsdale, Arizona. USA.

I'm a native Desert Rat.

Just so you know, it is legal in Arizona to pimp slap anyone who says "but it's a dry heat." ;)

(edit) some info for fellow weather geeks:

Todays forecast high: 102f (38.8c)

Todays forecast low: 80f (26.6c)

Record high temp June(1991): 121f (49.4c)

:mad:

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Four Stringer ]

Country: South Africa, no points if you cannot find that on a map of Africa.

Province: Western Cape.

Town: Stellenbosch, 2nd oldest in South Africa.

And a South African, Retief Goosen, has won the US Golf Open (albeit with some jitters due to previous lightning injuries I guess :rolleyes smile.gif under the noses of lotsa Stars and Stripes players!!

You make us proud "boytjie!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Soddball:

Read it again, BlindBoy:

UP! UP, Fool! UP! Not 'speak for'! Speak up for!

Jeez. :rolleyes:

I thought you Peng people could read.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Kent the Zoo where the last extant Tories are being kept on display?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ace:

Vancouver, BC Canada, though I'm heading to Calgary this weekend...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will be scary for you but I live in Langley that little city right next door to surrey. :D

State: I was up late so I am very sleepy. :D

I live in a Province!

Province: British Columba

That little place to the north of the U.S.A and its Z not Zeeeee! ;)

[ 06-27-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Isn't Kent the Zoo where the last extant Tories are being kept on display? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to say we have them specially stuffed and mounted for public derision, and then the thought ocurred of stuffing and mounting Ann Widecombe. I can't stand the buggers either but as I'm originally from Nottingham it's automatically part of my contract as a Northerner.

Ps. Hi Sodball - if you are around the pubs in TW Friday nights we've probably met already...

Philomath, Oregon

But I am at that damn hippie market (Saturday Market) in Eugene every week trying to get a buck out of you communists.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Johnson-<THC>-:

Eugene, Oregon

Anarchist capital of the World

and the home of E.L.F. training camp, the FBI's most dangerous terrorist group in America today.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Toronto (in the general outskirts sense)

Canada<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mall farmer! Mall farmer! tongue.gif

Toronto (in the real sense).

Ontario

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Isn't Kent the Zoo where the last extant Tories are being kept on display?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nawh, I think I also saw a tory while I was in London. Or maybe that was just a re-enactor? But then how do you explain J.Straw? Is he just a stuffed doll, or is he really alive, and if he is alive, why is he not in Kent on display?

Oh, I'm living in Umeå, Sweden.

M aka Spice Girl

ps, and don't give my any fairy stories about J.Straw being in Labour .... I flat our refuse to believe it.