Battle for Normandy v4.04 patch is now available

On 2/4/2023 at 5:09 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

Yes that is the JuJu UI mod. I know because I'm looking after it now. Unfortunately any update to the mod is on the backburner while I focus on BP2.

Could you add a proper lightbulb for the brittle state, next to the suppression meter, in the unit view?
Thanks for keeping Juju's ui mod alive and better than ever.

13 hours ago, Shady_Side said:

I installed it now CMBN will not run.

If other experiences earlier in the thread are anything to go by, it could be that the patch installed itself somewhere that isn't your particular CMBN location.  It asks for confirmation of the location but it's easy to just click yes and keep going.

If you do use the full installer, you should avoid this issue as everything will go in the same place.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

If other experiences earlier in the thread are anything to go by, it could be that the patch installed itself somewhere that isn't your particular CMBN location.  It asks for confirmation of the location but it's easy to just click yes and keep going.

If you do use the full installer, you should avoid this issue as everything will go in the same place.

I did use the installer. I have another issue that might be connected. I have CMBS CMSF2 CMRT all run great on the same machine all have all the mods and battlepacks. I also have CMCW that will not run. CMBN ran great on it till I installed the patch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 7:21 PM, Aussiegrit said:

After installing the patch I have noticed that at the front menu screen the Saved Games menu button has had written over the top of it with Saved Games & PBEM instead of replacing the Saved Games text with the new Saved Games & PBEM. Not sure if I am the only one. The other interface quirk I have noticed is when I hit the red button after giving orders the pause/play button looks different. No biggie just a little odd. I'm sure in any case when Normandy series is migrated to Steam it will be fine.

yes happened to me as well

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Grenadier Battalions with poor quality equipment were virtually identical to high quality units. Full of MG42's and STG44's. A problem when trying to recreate poor quality units from the static divisions. :) Also a few other surprises.

Another historical note:

image.png

These are the production numbers for the scoped variant of the G43. Note that production only really picked up in November 44. Since the units in Normandy were only really refitted after that campaign, it is fairly unlikely that this weapon actually showed up in that theatre and from a historical standpoint it should probably be left to the games with later settings.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:55 PM, weapon2010 said:

yes same excat problem

For info that is JuJu's UI mod and not the game/patch files. The mod needs to be updated but nothing functionally in the menu will stop working. I'll get around to that task at some point. No ETA. If you can't wait that long just go into the mod files and delete the main menu images and the game will go back to the default base game main menu.

3 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

Another historical note:

image.png

These are the production numbers for the scoped variant of the G43. Note that production only really picked up in November 44. Since the units in Normandy were only really refitted after that campaign, it is fairly unlikely that this weapon actually showed up in that theatre and from a historical standpoint it should probably be left to the games with later settings.

Interesting. :) Very low numbers, not to mention trying to get those weapons on the Eastern and Italian fronts as well. Is there a citing/reference for this text?

18 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

For info that is JuJu's UI mod and not the game/patch files. The mod needs to be updated but nothing functionally in the menu will stop working. I'll get around to that task at some point. No ETA. If you can't wait that long just go into the mod files and delete the main menu images and the game will go back to the default base game main menu.

Interesting. :) Very low numbers, not to mention trying to get those weapons on the Eastern and Italian fronts as well. Is there a citing/reference for this text?

There was a time when there was a long discussion here in France about whether the g43 was present in the Battle of Normandy. Many have wondered about the fact that no photo showed it then, but since one was found.
I have had the unfortunate habit of collecting battlefield relics since childhood and have had the opportunity to see nearly a dozen battlefield G43s both in working order and in dig out .
the one I am presenting I found it myself 50m from the house at the time, in my commune of Coudhard in the pocket of the Falaise, the rear protruded from the embankment, when pulling it out a bayonet also came out!
we notice that it has a rail to fix the bezel.
I've seen fewer G41s from the battlefield 5 or 6 , I also have a badly damaged one found in the Tractable combat area
the peasant had dug it up with the share of his plow and had thrown it into a heap of brambles

cool.jpg

op7k.jpg

Note that my production numbers only refer to the scoped version. The unscoped one was first produced in October 43 and was probably in use in Normandy. Apparently there was trouble with getting the scope (ZF4) into mass production.

Edited by Ts4EVER

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 8:45 PM, BFCElvis said:

The new patch is available for immediate download. 

Most of the patch is to add the PBEM++ and Tournament features to the game. There have been some changes to the TO&E  that were made for the upcoming Battle Pack 2.

Get it here

@BFCElvis Stupid question: Do I need to play the Steam version with Steam key and all to use PBEM++, or can I play with the „standard BFC“ CMBN and this patch with oppo‘s who run CBMN on Steam?

2 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

@BFCElvis Stupid question: Do I need to play the Steam version with Steam key and all to use PBEM++, or can I play with the „standard BFC“ CMBN and this patch with oppo‘s who run CBMN on Steam?

It's the same exe so play either one. I play the BFC installs and participate in PBEM++ and tournaments no problem.

9 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Ian is exactly right. You can use either. You can start a PBEM++ with the Battlefront version, play some turns with the Steam version, switch back. etc...

7 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Ian is exactly right. You can use either. You can start a PBEM++ with the Battlefront version, play some turns with the Steam version, switch back. etc...

I thought, I understand, but yet another question: How does it wok in praxis to play PBEM++ with the BFC version, say from outside Steam? Or do I still need to have my game registered with a Steam key and log in to Steam?

7 hours ago, PIATpunk said:

a written, concise guide on PBEM++ would be nice (assuming it doesn't exist)...

There is. Page 30 of the most up to date manual. Depending on your installation you may not have the most up to date manual. Cold War has it for sure. I'll make sure that it is part of any patch going forward so that, if there have been changes to the game manual a new version will be part of any patch. Here is a link to it:

Game Engine 4 Manual

7 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

I thought, I understand, but yet another question: How does it wok in praxis to play PBEM++ with the BFC version, say from outside Steam? Or do I still need to have my game registered with a Steam key and log in to Steam?

Try not to think of it as Steam thing because it isn't. It is a Combat Mission thing associated with Matrix/Slitherine. When you login for PBEM++ you are connected to the Matrix server. That is where the turn files are stored. It doesn't matter if you're using the Battlefront version of the game, or the Steam or the Matrix, that login is what connects you to your PBEM++ games. That is why you can have a Steam installation on one computer, a Battlefront version on a computer at your best friends house and Matrix version installed on your Mom's computer and access your PBEM++ battles wherever you log in.