Battle for Normandy v4.04 patch is now available

Maybe it's me being confused, but is it possible the changes somehow deleted the normal Grenadier Battalion from the quick battle selection? At a glance I can only find the "Ersatz" version, at least in June 44.

For those interested in the unspecified ToE changes, it seems like the German were brought up to the FI / RT standard, namely adding the G41 semi auto rifle and getting rid of the random MP44s.

After installing the patch I have noticed that at the front menu screen the Saved Games menu button has had written over the top of it with Saved Games & PBEM instead of replacing the Saved Games text with the new Saved Games & PBEM. Not sure if I am the only one. The other interface quirk I have noticed is when I hit the red button after giving orders the pause/play button looks different. No biggie just a little odd. I'm sure in any case when Normandy series is migrated to Steam it will be fine.

Edited by Aussiegrit

2 hours ago, Aussiegrit said:

Happy days. Downloading. Heres hoping that Normandy pops up on Steam next month so I can transition it to Steam.

This patch is part of that process. I played CMBN on Steam this morning. At this point it is getting the promotional stuff together, making sure it works properly, getting the Battlefront keys set up so that Battlefront owners can get Steam keys at no charge, etc...... (sorting through those license keys all week is why I'm cross-eyed today)

47 minutes ago, Aussiegrit said:

After installing the patch I have noticed that at the front menu screen the Saved Games menu button has had written over the top of it with Saved Games & PBEM instead of replacing the Saved Games text with the new Saved Games & PBEM. Not sure if I am the only one. 

I haven't seen that. Can you post a screenshot?

11 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

The new patch is available for immediate download. 

Most of the patch is to add the PBEM++ and Tournament features to the game. There have been some changes to the TO&E  that were made for the upcoming Battle Pack 2.

Get it here

is there any links to the details of the TO+E changes?...thanks again Elvis,

6 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

is there any links to the details of the TO+E changes?...thanks again Elvis,

Grenadier Battalions with poor quality equipment were virtually identical to high quality units. Full of MG42's and STG44's. A problem when trying to recreate poor quality units from the static divisions. :) Also a few other surprises.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I have a slight variation on the problem shown in the screenshot above. 

The script "SAVED GAMES & PBEM" looks fine. But, on looking down in the right hand corner it still reads v4.03. Perhaps someone might have an idea as to why this has happened.

That often happens when the patch gets installed into a sub folder.

Chexk your HD and see if the new .exe ended up in either the data folder or another folder all together next to where you installed it. Another possible wrong location is in the my documents folder.

The fix for that is to delete these files and install the patch again. When you select the install directory watch to see if it appends an extra level after you click ok on the select folder dialog. If that happens manually fix the path in the edit box before continuing.

1 hour ago, IanL said:

That often happens when the patch gets installed into a sub folder.

Chexk your HD and see if the new .exe ended up in either the data folder or another folder all together next to where you installed it. Another possible wrong location is in the my documents folder.

The fix for that is to delete these files and install the patch again. When you select the install directory watch to see if it appends an extra level after you click ok on the select folder dialog. If that happens manually fix the path in the edit box before continuing.

Thanks for that.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

My patch seems to have worked fine, once I pointed it at the folder on my D drive where CMBN lives, instead of the patch suggestion of somewhere on the C drive.  All seems okay, none of the problems above.

in fact only one file, from the patch, has to be added, the normandyv404, the v400, v401 are already included from early version, and nothing is changing about them.

Ok forget about the rest...

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff