Battle for Normandy v4.04 patch is now available

So Rob, I think you acted quicker than I could write 😉.  Anyway, no worries, you saved the stuff that's unique to you (so to speak).

If you start again I think the game install will be v4.00, to which you will need to apply the latest patch (covering 4.01 to 4.04).  Someone please correct me if I'm worng.

I suppose what I'm saying is be careful to install both the game and the patch to the same place.  And then of course you can chuck your Z etc back in.

1 minute ago, Vacillator said:

So Rob, I think you acted quicker than I could write 😉.  Anyway, no worries, you saved the stuff that's unique to you (so to speak).

If you start again I think the game install will be v4.00, to which you will need to apply the latest patch (covering 4.01 to 4.04).  Someone please correct me if I'm worng.

I suppose what I'm saying is be careful to install both the game and the patch to the same place.  And then of course you can chuck your Z etc back in.

The problem is to apply the patch on the good place.

Patches created another folder path with for exemple Battlefront so

We have a path combatmission/battlefront/battlefront...and the egistration code don't find te correct way, I guess I am not far away of the realty.

Correct me If I am wrong.!!

JM

4 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I also think that could the problem JM.  I had to manually enter the location for the patch.

Yes me too this is why I said this, when I have to apply a patche in the past, I was really paying attention where he will be installed, but first was making a copy or displacing my z folder.

JM

31 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

On this item I was a bit lazy this time.  I didn't move or copy my Z or my saved games.  No problem though, they're still there.

...take some risks boy,when is lost is lost...

Can you pay at attention to rob, battery is almost down to my phone and don't have my usb cable with me...🙄

JM 

39 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

take some risks boy,when is lost is lost...

Can you pay at attention to rob,

Well the Z folder could be re-built as I have the downloaded zip files elsewhere.  Might be an opportunity to tidy it up, it surely needs it 😂.

The saved games less so, but apart from a handful of current games it's not the end of the world, plus of course PBEM opponents (and Dropbox) may have the recent saves.

I'll look out for Rob's reply.

Edited by Vacillator

43 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

That's great Rob, well done.  If anything is amiss, post back here again.

thanks @Vacillator to take the relais, you see we learn every day, I have to think to take my usb next time...

yes I see a smiling face now, very happy rob @quakerparrot67 that you are back, enjoy again your game and take some notes for the next patche, but dont be afraid to apply it, just keep a copy of originals files from your CM.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Erw said:

Staff: CMBN in Steam? What's better? Wait for release? or Install the patch in BTC Version? Am in new PC and Have to Reinstall all CMBN. 

I know It's simple.

Thanks in advance.

Don't mess with the patch. Download the complete installer from your user account.

3 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

Don't mess with the patch. Download the complete installer from your user account.

I think the issue may be that the installer only takes you to 4.00, then you need the patch for 4.01 up to 4.04?  But I may be totally mistaken...

As for using the BFC files or waiting for Steam, if you're looking for a quick result go for BFC.

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

I think the issue may be that the installer only takes you to 4.00, then you need the patch for 4.01 up to 4.04?  But I may be totally mistaken...

No, I asked Elvis and he said the installers in the user accounts are already updated. I think it was in this thread.

Thanks for Answers, M8s. 👌 

I waited so long for that since BTC announce: Slitherine PBEM++ Servers services in CM games ( Yes Cold War Was) and I got a lot of CMBN Scenaries. And for CMSF2. Well and for CMBS less but too.

Got all of CM, (Excelent  Last Battle Pack for Red Thunder!!).

Am Happy about this News. I tested Cold War PBEM++ games and is Cool. So easy. So Great Games must have this and a Wego with rewind option Video for TCP games. And fix Bugs of community tells You. 

Total Happiness will be rewind option in TCP Videos Mode Multiplayer Games in CM like CMBO, CMBB and CMAK. I play them GOG.com version Often. Fully Modded and a lot of Scenaries.

Got in HDD CMBN 4.0 File. Gonna Reinstall in Short and Aply the new brand Patch.

So Cool.

Awaiting RT, FB, and FI.  

And Launch all in Steam. Don't be afraid. Everybody Got Steam today.

3 hours ago, Vacillator said:

As for using the BFC files or waiting for Steam, if you're looking for a quick result go for BFC.

actually, i reinstalled yesterday from my orders, and it gave me 4.04.   try it from your orders on the bfc website.

cheers,

rob

On 2/4/2023 at 8:18 AM, Ithikial_AU said:

Grenadier Battalions with poor quality equipment were virtually identical to high quality units.

Does this mean the scenario editor slider for changing typical quality down to poor actually has an effect now?

I went in and messed with it and I still saw MG42's, mostly MG34's. I saw some panzerfausts. 30 and 30k. 8 in a battalion. It would have been nice that poor was ZERO panzerfausts and ZERO MG42. In my heart, poor would have MG08 WW1 water-cooled HMG for fortress battalions.

Was it something easy that Charles did to get it working AND will we see it backported over to the other titles? :D

Thanks sir.

11 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Does this mean the scenario editor slider for changing typical quality down to poor actually has an effect now?

I went in and messed with it and I still saw MG42's, mostly MG34's. I saw some panzerfausts. 30 and 30k. 8 in a battalion. It would have been nice that poor was ZERO panzerfausts and ZERO MG42. In my heart, poor would have MG08 WW1 water-cooled HMG for fortress battalions.

Was it something easy that Charles did to get it working AND will we see it backported over to the other titles? :D

Thanks sir.

It is. The G41 was also added for lower quality formations. The details of what small arms go where was up to Steve and team. I just alerted the team to the issue. I'm unsure if the extent of the issue showing up in other formations/game families but if you have details post them here and I'll double check and report.

On 2/16/2023 at 6:15 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

It is. The G41 was also added for lower quality formations. The details of what small arms go where was up to Steve and team. I just alerted the team to the issue. I'm unsure if the extent of the issue showing up in other formations/game families but if you have details post them here and I'll double check and report.

REPORTING IN SIR!

I am working on a CMFI France 1940 Mod.

I set the CMFI scenario editor date to the earliest it can go. 9 July 1943.

I set quality to poor and purchase as a test 3 of the German Army Panzer Grenadier battalion 43A [motorized].

No panzerfausts. :D Lovely.

Only G41's. :D Lovely.

But somehow I still get 1 damn HMG42 sometimes.

But overall it looks awesome for my purposes.

If they could get that damn HMG42 out of there please.

Edited by kohlenklau

8 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

G41s should also not be in a France 1940 mod though. Neither should rifle grenades, btw.

I appreciate your knowledge. I really do.

But a big OH WELL, BFC has no time for a formation editor for me so I can only do what I can do.

ugggh. Maybe I look at Straggler group, but I think CMFI has no such formation. My brain is clogged with CM stuff and I can never recall without firing up the games and going in.

EDIT: I don't see a solution in CMFI as I played with dates and set it to poor quality.

We need an "uber poor" quality! :D

~~~~~~~~~

If I cannot fix it, then for the purists out there, I guess...just don't download it, don't play it.

Edited by kohlenklau

There would be other problems with it as well, namely that neither the British nor French used submachine guns in meaningful quality. I mean, you do what you want, but my personal view is that this kind of energy would be best spent on making new content and scenarios for the time periods and forces already covered, especially considering the amount of different stuff already in FI...