Battle for Normandy v4.04 patch is now available

2 hours ago, Ts4EVER said:

Is the missing Grenadier 44 battalion also caused by that? Or a general mistake? I mean, for me it is not a problem, since I dont play quick battles, but seems like a bit of an oversight if the most common German formation is gone...

Are you saying it is in the scenario selector but not in the quickbattle selection?

7 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

ok, since patch haven't been able to load cmbn.

Hi Rob

Where is you CMBN folder on your PC?  Mine is on the D drive, but the patch installs to somewhere on C by default (of course it gives you the option to point it to the right place).  Just saying in case your patch has ended up in the wrong place.  Having said that I would have thought you would still be able to load the pre-patch version but who knows.

As for the mods, I didn't do a thing with my Z folder, and it's still working fine.

1 minute ago, Vacillator said:

Hi Rob

Where is you CMBN folder on your PC?  Mine is on the D drive, but the patch installs to somewhere on C by default (of course it gives you the option to point it to the right place).  Just saying in case your patch has ended up in the wrong place.  Having said that I would have thought you would still be able to load the pre-patch version but who knows.

As for the mods, I didn't do a thing with my Z folder, and it's still working fine.

i told it to install the folder to documents, which is where all my cm stuff is, and i ran it from the documents folder, so i think it's in the right spot.  after the install my previous icon, etc. dissapearwedm so not sure how to run prev. version.  thanks for the help, though,  vacillator.

cheers,

rob 

11 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

ok, since patch haven't been able to load cmbn.  went back, removed z folder to desktop, reinstalled, and tried again- still cant load cmbn.  any ideas?

cheers,

rob

Check first to my page  perhaps some indices can drive you in the good way.

Later install a full install of CMBN without patche and mods and z folder, the vers 400 give you already all.

Put the correct registration code without psyche.

Make a copy of this one to another place of your Hard drive.

Apply the patched of the copy and see if this work correctly, if not you don't have to Make another install but take the original that you copy again on the same place and pay attention to the path that you give.

Than you will be able to have a correct working game, later you can make a copy where you want of your hard drive without registered again.

Good luck

JM

2 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Check first to my page  perhaps some indices can drive you in the good way.

Later install a full install of CMBN without patche and mods and z folder, the vers 400 give you already all.

Put the correct registration code without psyche.

Make a copy of this one to another place of your Hard drive.

Apply the patched of the copy and see if this work correctly, if not you don't have to Make another install but take the original that you copy again on the same place and pay attention to the path that you give.

Than you will be able to have a correct working game, later you can make a copy where you want of your hard drive without registered again.

Good luck

JM

it might take me a while to figure all this out and get it to work- like i said, i have minimal skills or understanding of this kind of thing.  thanks for the advice, i'll see if i can make it work.

cheers,

rob

4 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

it might take me a while to figure all this out and get it to work- like i said, i have minimal skills or understanding of this kind of thing.  thanks for the advice, i'll see if i can make it work.

cheers,

rob

I understand, I feel your pain, just delete all your CMBN and install a full version without patches z folder and mods, follow the instructions from the install zipped file.

Crossing fingers

JM

2 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

ok, sounds like best option.  how do i deleat the whole game?

cheers,

rob

Just the CMBN if you have more games CM and installed like 

C://battlefront//CombatMission//Normandy//

C://battlefront//CombatMission//Fortress Italy/

This is only an exemple I am not on on pc  now 

Delete of course only Normandy

Just in case if you can send a pocvwherevyour CM Games are installed.

JM

2 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Before drastic delete (😬) can you find the Data folder, should look like this, with brz files all the way up to 404:

image.png.0f40429713af910a9a68568b0b148b37.png

If your folder has some but not all brz's I think it suggests the patch has gone to the wrong location.

Yes good point.

JM

7 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i just deleted all my cmbn folders, bur pasted to desktop my 'z' and game files folders. so now i should be able to just re-download the game and start over, right?

cheers,

rob

So take advices from vacilator first.

Then I would suggest to put your z and games file not in your c if you can but yes keep a copy to another place.

Than come again to your installation of CMBN

Edit go step by step

Edited by JM Stuff