How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Uh guys... remember that video of the ambush of the armored column taken from a drone?  Uh... it looks like the Ukrainians have been taking CMBS a bit too literally:

This is  from the first scenario of Shield of Kiev wtffff

11 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

Nato expansion 

Bit of truth on both sides

Watch "Is Putin Right About Nato's Eastward Expansion? - TLDR News" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/ydM9bt42bpg

Without watching some stupid video on YouTube that tries to excuse russian wars and warcrimes let me post a list of countries Russia invaded in the past 30 years:

Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Yugoslavia, Ichkeriya, Syria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan.

None of these countries were in NATO.

Some of these countries were in ODKB.

Gee, I wonder why countries join a defensive alliance called NATO that never invaded a single country and never ever fought in a single war? And most importantly why Russia is so upset about countries getting protection? Can you help me with that?

Edited by kraze

5 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

A TWS is a great way to find shooters and muzzle flashes in a cold environment. Ideal operating conditions with excellent thermal contrast. Wonder what rated the AT-4C?

Regards,

John Kettler

There is no thermal sight on this Konkurs.

Edited by akd

25 minutes ago, keas66 said:

Seriously   ....  think maybe a little bit before you post . There is clear evidence out there  freely available that these "Bioweapon" labs are actually remnants form the Soviet era which the Americans are helping the Ukrainians to clean up .

https://theparadise.ng/fact-check-the-russian-army-is-destroying-u-s-controlled-biolabs/ 

"While biolabs exist in Ukraine, it is misleading at best to call them “U.S. biolabs.” Laboratories that store and study dangerous pathogens are present throughout the former Soviet bloc, with many dating back to the Cold War. The U.S. did not build any of these facilities. That said, in 2005, the U.S. Department of Defense and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine entered into a mutual agreement to work together to safeguard the labs as part of a broader effort to prevent bioterrorism. The installations are run by the Ukrainian government, with some funding for upgrades and repairs provided by the U.S."

As a fellow New Zealander  - although one out of the country for a very long while now - please try to show our education system in a little more of a positive light .

So it takes 17 years to remove pathogens from a lab? 

Are you serious 

Don't bring my nationally in to this

Is this a personal attack? 

I noted several articles one from New York Times

Is New York times a fake news site? 

If you don't like an article don't read it, doesn't give you or anyone else the right to attack people on here

I'm simply posting comments from both sides so people can make there mind up

4 minutes ago, kraze said:

Without watching some stupid video on YouTube that tries to excuse russian wars and warcrimes let me post a list of countries Russia invaded in the past 30 years:

Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Yugoslavia, Ichkeriya, Syria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan.

None of these countries are in NATO.

Some of these countries are in ODKB.

Gee, I wonder why countries join a defensive alliance called NATO that never invaded a single country and never ever fought in a single war? And most importantly why Russia is so upset about countries getting protection? Can you help me with that?

You state you don't watch the video and then criticism of my post lol

Bit of a joke

Video is very interesting it gives a good understanding and history of nato expansion, cites all factual information 

2 hours ago, Combatintman said:

The analysis is off in regards to the firing points ... here's something I posted elsewhere

The analysis of the firing points is a bit off and possibly because the Google Earth imagery is dated and possibly because they're not old school trained imagery analysts.  As can be seen from the video clip, the pedestrian crossings on Google Earth have gone and a pedestrian underpass has been put in.  The bus stop or whatever it was on the right hand side of the highway has been moved closer to the T junction opposite the garage but the central strip of the highway seems consistent with the Google Earth Imagery.  I had to plot the first obvious NLAW firing point and then measure that to the impact point to give me a scale to work with in order to confirm that the bus stop on the right had moved.  This allowed me then to confirm the position of the second targeted tank.  Anyway ... enough of that, you want to see pictures obviously ...

772554908_NLAW1.thumb.jpg.a5a9cf3c324a6cafaadf469d148dcf37.jpg

680341843_NLAW2.thumb.jpg.d1fb973f83035f5c5d50fe315839e382.jpg

2122086143_NLAW3.thumb.jpg.f9a864e732037f1c145f4291c38cde51.jpg

572776870_NLAW4.thumb.jpg.e3e3f8c6b312d38a7c88db20900c8a12.jpg

879904726_NLAW5.thumb.jpg.a40d62b9437a2a2757142b62eebc4b4d.jpg

976330200_NLAW6.thumb.jpg.4b50047d72654bd0f12a7f57ab7fcd0b.jpg

With regard to your definition of spitting distance further upthread then if you can spit 40m John then yes it is spitting distance.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but, that intersection was used in the first battle of The Shield of Kiev campaign in CMBS as an ambush location against an armored column. Even down to the grass patches in the fuel stations lot.

Fuel 1.png

1 minute ago, GAZ NZ said:

You state you don't watch the video and then criticism of my post lol

Bit of a joke

Video is very interesting it gives a good understanding and history of nato expansion, cites all factual information 

I didn't watch the video because of one single statement - "NATO expansion". That's how you know it's a complete and utter BS.

NATO doesn't expand. It is joined willingly.

12 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

Are you serious 

Don't bring my nationally in to this

Is this a personal attack? 

I noted several articles one from New York Times

Is New York times a fake news site? 

If you don't like an article don't read it, doesn't give you or anyone else the right to attack people on here

I'm simply posting comments from both sides so people can make there mind up

Did you even read that New York Times article ?  It clearly describes how all these wild theories you and John K are so enthusiastically promoting are  essentially null and void . The labs as they currently exist  are still in use by the Ukrainian Government do things like ...study Covid and other actual risks  . Practical Civilian based  activities .

Either I missed something (entirely possible), or whomever posted this on Twitter before made a mistake in stating whose MRL it was. My recollection is this first appeared described as a Ukrainian MRL firing and unwisely deployed with both a fuel truck and truck close by, but below, it's listed as being a Russian MRL firing and gives the coordinates. In the first instance I said I thought it was extremely unwise to show this targeting grade imagery because of the counterfire possibity it created.

@BenDoBrown
· 10h
Show this thread

Regards,

John Kettler

20 minutes ago, GAZ NZ said:

Are you serious 

Read this, with emphasis on the parts that have the words "continue to" in them. It's pretty clear:

https://ua.usembassy.gov/embassy/kyiv/sections-offices/defense-threat-reduction-office/biological-threat-reduction-program/

And if you think that the US government is posting disinformation somehow, then go find the actual 2005 agreement and read it carefully to see what the real story is. I posted a link to it farther back so I'm not going to repeat it here. And as I said, the NYT article does NOT say what you claim and neither did Ms. Nuland say what you claim. 

Dave

8 minutes ago, keas66 said:

Did you even read that New York Times article ?  It clearly describes how all these wild theories you and John K are so enthusiastically promoting are  essentially null and void . The labs as they currently exist  are still in use by the Ukrainian Government do things like ...study Covid and other actual risks  . Practical Civilian based  activities .

keas66,

Since I'm not allowed to talk about this at all, and BFCElvis has decreed that responses to verboten topics are also not acceptable, would appreciate it if you would keep my name out of this altogether. Besides, I was presenting an intelligence case, not waving a Russian flag while wearing an I Love Putin T-shirt!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, Splinty said:

Even during Desert Shield we only ate one MRE per day, Breakfast and dinner were always hot chow from the mess trailer. We all understood what a steady diet of only MREs could do to one's digestive system. When the ground war kicked off our diet became MREs only for obvious reasons, but even then all of us had stocked on real food sent from home in care packages. Chef Boyardee saved my gut from too many MREs! lol

I'm still mad that I couldn't get you any Apple Fig Newtons!  I'm not saying it will make my top 10 list of regrets when it comes my time to shuffle off this Earth, but it's at least a contender ;)

Steve

6 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Very interesting... and terrifying! The lining with round fragments tells you what this drone is about.

As far as I understand these UAVs are not autonomous like the Turkish Kargu (basically a flying mine that homes onto whatever looks like a "designated target").

That little one is more like a cheap miniature cruise missile, and it has also an image based target designation mode. It could likely be the case that someone was guiding it into the target. BTW @Haiduk, are you still in Kyiv? Are the Ukraine security forces there still engaging Russian Armed SOF infiltrated in the city?

Basically a small “flying Claymore mine.”

43 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

Wonder what rated the AT-4C?

For now it's ATGM of battalion level. It has been substituting on light ATGM Korsar, but not all brigades got Korsars yet. Stugna-P ATGM is brigade's AT-battalion level weapon. 

Edited by Haiduk

It seems we have another Russian lieutenant colonel publicly expressing profound regrets for what he's done in Ukraine. This time it's a RuAF pilot, a lieutenant colonel, the deputy commander of an aviation regiment, publicly baring his soul, confessing bombing innocent civilians with tons of bombs. And that's only part of the story.

https://gvwire.com/2022/03/11/captured-russian-pilot-says-he-was-ordered-to-bomb-civilians-report/

Don't recall seeing any traffic in the thread on this yet.

Regards,

John. Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

3 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

For now it's ATGM of battalion level. It has been substituting on light ATGM Korsar, but not all brigades got Korsars yet. Stugna-P ATGM is brigade's AT-battalion level weapon. 

Haiduk,

Wasn't asking about ATGM unit level, type or subordination but what were they shooting at with the AT4C, if you knew?

Regards,

John Kettler