Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

3 minutes ago, kraze said:

That moment when you have to replace your "strongest army in the world" with nobodies from the middle east

Do us all a favor and finish them off as soon as they arrive.

I found this on Youtube. I guess most armies are working on a similair system, but it's very impressive to watch.

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 hour ago, Taranis said:

He was responding to a proposal from his Defense Minister, Sergei Shoigu, who said that 16,000 volunteers from the Middle East were ready to come and fight with Russian-backed forces.

I wonder how many of those volunteers will throw down their weapons as soon as they arrive in Ukraine, then make their way to the Polish border with the other refugees and claim asylum in Europe.

11:49
L’Espagne va envoyer de nouvelles armes à l’Ukraine
Le gouvernement espagnol a annoncé l’envoi prochain de nouvelles armes à l’Ukraine pour l’aider face à l’invasion russe. Le ministre des Affaires étrangères José Manuel Albares a toutefois refusé de donner des détails sur cet envoi. « Si vraiment nous voulons aider l’Ukraine (...), moins nous parlons de cet armement, de sa nature, de la façon dont il entre » en Ukraine, « mieux c’est », a-t-il justifié lors d’un entretien à la chaîne de télévision TVE.

« La volonté du gouvernement espagnol est de soutenir les citoyens ukrainiens dans leur légitime défense face au massacre dont ils sont victimes » et « face à la terrible invasion de la Russie », avait justifié jeudi soir la ministre espagnole de la défense Margarita Robles sur la chaîne de télévision Telecinco.

11:49
Spain to send new weapons to Ukraine
The Spanish government has announced the upcoming shipment of new weapons to Ukraine to help it deal with the Russian invasion. Foreign Minister José Manuel Albares, however, declined to give details of the shipment. "If we really want to help Ukraine (...), the less we talk about this weaponry, its nature, the way it enters" Ukraine, "the better", he justified during an interview with the television channel TVE.

"The will of the Spanish government is to support Ukrainian citizens in their self-defense in the face of the massacre of which they are victims" and "in the face of the terrible invasion of Russia", had justified Thursday evening the Spanish Minister of Defense Margarita Robles on the Telecinco television channel.

Personnal opinion
Totally agree with the spanish politic. I think it's a real mistake from us (West) to clearly say what we will do, like it was for "NATO will not attack", "we plan to send MiG-29" and it played against us.
I actually have a lots of questions about Ukrainian Army but i think its not the moment but to talking deeply about Russian Army it is...

Edited by Taranis

5 minutes ago, Cobetco said:

Probably just for show, since it looks like it was taken straight out of a museum with how clean it is.  but still neat to see.

There are more territorial defence volunteers than arms available for them so everything is possible. Incl. legit using that gun.

Our army is 250k standing plus about the same number of reservists (who all rushed to join in the fight) and another 100k joined territorial defence (that's a week old data)

There's a shortage of small firearms because of that, just way way too many people.

11 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Piss poor tactics...

This is mobilized DNR conscripts. Probably a training or even staged video. There are no sounds of incoming bullets, which could force theese guys to take cover 

Edited by Haiduk

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

I wonder how many of those volunteers will throw down their weapons as soon as they arrive in Ukraine, then make their way to the Polish border with the other refugees and claim asylum in Europe.

It seems to me that this is purely for propaganda, why should they, if more than 100k people applied to the military registration and enlistment offices in the first week to sign up for the army. He is a mercenary and in Antarctica he will be a mercenary. In this case, the idea will do more harm than good. 

1 hour ago, Cobetco said:

Probably just for show, since it looks like it was taken straight out of a museum with how clean it is.  but still neat to see.

No. This is standard equipment of TD. The squad has RPK-74 and DPs on the platoon level. There is a lack of PKM to arm huge number of new-formed TD batatlions, 

Edited by Haiduk

5 hours ago, sburke said:

Expected, but a bit silly. Everyone knew that if US/EU seized Russian assets in the West, Russia would retaliate by seizing U.S./EU assets in Russia and based on publicly available data, Russia could compensate most of its financial losses that way.

10 minutes ago, HUSKER2142 said:

This made me laugh, as an explosives engineer I was surprised why the bomb was not deformed, why the fuse was not damaged. 

This bomb is from Russian Su-34, shot down over Chernihiv. The plane fell in one of nearby villages with all payload, which didn't detonate. There were other photos of at least two other bombs and Su-34 wrecks in this village. One of the bombs from this downed jet damaged the house, but also didn't explode. There were also several photos of other not exploded FAB-250/500 from other places. Either sabotage of airfield technics, or this is a question of technical conditions of these old bombs. 

Edited by Haiduk

17 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

Expected, but a bit silly. Everyone knew that if US/EU seized Russian assets in the West, Russia would retaliate by seizing U.S./EU assets in Russia and based on publicly available data, Russia could compensate most of its financial losses that way.

I fail to see how seizing empty space will compensate most financial losses.

Because of corruption and paper reports over solving problems Russia has no scientists, no engineers, no experts in any field.

I mean - they import the damn cashier check tape ffs. And they are running out of it.

It's not like their drunken Ivan from Tula will suddenly produce a MarxBook if you put him inside an empty Apple store

Edited by kraze

13 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

Russia can nationalize Apple property in Russia, but can't develop and manufacture even something similar to IPhones.

25 minutes ago, HUSKER2142 said:

This made me laugh, as an explosives engineer I was surprised why the bomb was not deformed, why the fuse was not damaged. 

Happens all the time: https://www.royalengineersbombdisposal-eod.org.uk/individual/prescott-j/

There is mountains on the UXOs in Kuwait after Gulf War and I knew people who did this work.  Munitions do all sorts of really weird stuff when one is throwing that much iron around.  You can get damaged ordinance and stuff that literally looks like someone just dropped it gently.

23 minutes ago, Sgt Joch said:

Its the leased aircraft fleet that gets seized that is worrying to me.