How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Heh, that was my point.  The trolls told us by 2020 there would be endless fleets of them to challenge the NATO Nazis.  I and others said that was unlikely and we were dressed down for not knowing what we're talking about.  I wish some of the trolls were back here so they could apologize ;) 

That and BMP-3.  I expected to see a lot of them, but in fact there are very few.

Steve

Hey, they needed to save at least some of them for the Red Square Victory Parade.

42 minutes ago, akd said:

See, above, I thought they were all on one image, but it was two separate images.

It was this I was looking for. Posted Tuesday afternoon. In the beginning of the film, you can see the cassette with the multilayer ERA been placed on top of the right, front side of the turret. The edge over the K5 ERA or whats in the cassettes there. a second later you see the side of the turret. With the most forward right side ERA box open, and empty. Becouse the cassette with the multilayer ERA is taken out. And is on the top of the turrets right side. Remember? 

I have never seen this "multi layer" ERA on Russian tanks before. Thats why I woundred if this is Relikt 😃 The cassette would sit in its box, so that only one layer is engaged. But at an extreme angle. And that should in theory make it much more effective! Knowing how ERA works!

Edited by Armorgunner

1 hour ago, TheVulture said:

BBC News is about 24 hours behind compared to updates you'll find in this thread, except for big, easily verifiable stories.

I honestly don’t mind that. To me, it means that they’re making an effort to verify truth. I respect that. They also don’t have our CM boys and girls reporting straight from the AOOs.

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Dusting off some very old memories when the Russian MoD made this announcement as part of their budget.  At the time many of us were puzzled, but I think we concluded it came down to cost.  They could upgrade more T-72s for the money than produce new T-90s.

Steve

Number of Russian tanks, of different types. Active, and reserv according to Wiki. And T-90 is T-72BU. But was renamed to T-90 after GW1, becouse of the T-72 Urals of Saddams armys bad performance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Russian_Ground_Forces#Vehicles

Edited by Armorgunner

5 minutes ago, dan/california said:

The only confirmation you need that Javelins work is that the Russians are not in Kyiv.

The anti-Javelin guy, can always fool Putler. Hey Boss! It worked against the Javs, but not against the NLAWS. You want me to do an NLAW protection cage? And then escape Russia

Edited by Armorgunner

The most problematic thing for the future. Is that the Russians have captured at least 14 MBT LAW (NLAW). They have not today, any topattack ATGM. But could reverse enginere. And if they are doing well on the attack in other sectors, they might capture Javelins to! But it was probably an equation that it could happen, I hope! Both for the NLAWS, and Javelins! 

Go down to Ukrainian losses

Attack On Europe: Documenting Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine - Oryx (oryxspioenkop.com)

Edited by Armorgunner

13 minutes ago, Armorgunner said:

The most problematic thing for the future. Is that the Russians have captured at least 14 MBT LAW (NLAW). They have not today, any topattack ATGM. But could reverse enginere. And if they are doing well on the attack in other sectors, they might capture Javelins to! But it was probably an equation that it could happen, I hope! Both for the NLAWS, and Javelins! 

Attack On Europe: Documenting Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine - Oryx (oryxspioenkop.com)

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they'd gotten some via Iraq. Whether they can actually produce them is another thing.

55 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

As we pack up our things and leave Mindboggleton Magna for a little hamlet down the road, I think that the last word on the events of 25th February be left to the 2nd most important band in British history.

Cue ...  

I’m a bit confused. What exactly does this have to do with what’s going on in Ukraine?

The development of a next generation APS, needs to take our own best missiles into account, as as reasonable assumptions about Russian development. And there is no higher priority for land forces development. There is just no point in deploying tanks without it. 

19 minutes ago, Armorgunner said:

38 minutes ago, Armorgunner said:

I assume that the militaries and intelligence services of the USA, UK, and Sweden assessed those possibilities and decided that the Russians already had either actual Javs and NLAWs, or at least detailed plans and specs for them, especially since the UK and Sweden began developing the NLAW 20 years ago in 2002. It’s really difficult to keep something secret for that long.

18 minutes ago, db_zero said:

Ukraine may become the prize not worth taking if it becomes irradiated.

I don’t think “taking” Ukraine was ever the main reason Putin invaded Ukraine, keeping Putin in charge was.