How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

For all the ineptness, the Russians look to have a strong position of forces against the most populated Ukrainian cities.

To me, it is past the point of negotiations now, it is the battle for the survival of Ukraine itself. Where will the help come from for the Ukrainians?

I think only the people in Russia can stop this now. Perhaps the military itself. Some one has to step up.

Did Lukhasenko just leaked the Russian plans for Ukraine?:

To note, that supossedly the map shows a possible partition of Ukraine (althought maybe those are military operational areas, rather than post war planned borders), and a thrust into Transnistria/Moldavia

2 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

To note, that supossedly the map shows a possible partition of Ukraine (althought maybe those are military operational areas, rather than post war planned borders), and a thrust into Transnistria/Moldavia

Errr...

4 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

Why is the patch of the 1st Cavalry Division on the board? Right upper side on the legend.

5 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

I just read that the 810th Russian Marine Brigade mutineed just as they were going to land in Odessa. They asked the Ukrainians not to shell them as they left the bay and went back to Russia.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4795768/russia-mutiny-army-ukraine-vladimir-putin/

I don't think I'm going to believe that one without more supporting evidence,  as much as I'd like it to be true. 

7 minutes ago, CHEqTRO said:

Looks like operational areas to me, notice Crimea and Donbas regions are not connected. If Putin is going to go for a major territorial revision, why wouldn't he link those two areas with a land bridge?

Also notice an arrow from Odessa thrusting into Transnistra? Yikes. 

Alsoalso notice the 1st Cav emblem above the map of Europe on the right. Doubleyikes. 

Great map how do you let something like this get photographed. 

Also the image of the tin pot dictator with his pointer silly stick detailing invasion plans to a bunch of generals is really fantastic. Like what does he know about planning an operation? "Okay guys heres what Putin told me to do." Do you think he proudly stuck the pointer under his arm afterwards too? 

Edited by BeondTheGrave

12 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

I just read that the 810th Russian Marine Brigade mutineed just as they were going to land in Odessa. They asked the Ukrainians not to shell them as they left the bay and went back to Russia.

Maybe Russian misinformation and trap. There is storm on the sea and they can't start landing. Looks like this is single true reason

Edited by Haiduk

He claims Ukraine planned to attack Belarus but Russia prevented it.

Translation of his "speech":

Lukashenko's address in front of Invasion map of Ukraine
--------------------------------------------------------

Video link: https://twitter.com/i/status/1498673348183744518

Translation by @DmitryOpines.

----

"... these guys. They warned us. And so literally, 6 hours before the launch of the missiles, we discovered them, and the Russians... at our..."

To an aide in the room: "The Iskanders were located here right?"

"[The Russian Iskander missiles] in the area of Mazyr hit those positions, and thereafter we didn't see them again. By the time the Russians started advancing, we no longer saw those positions. That's why I say that yes, there were missile launches from the territory of Belarus and have shared honestly which targets were hit."

"You can sit down." 

Edited by Sarjen

1 minute ago, Commanderski said:

On the general population, yes. But apparently not on the politicians in Washington.

We here in Germany are a bit worried about the next election in 2024 in the USA. If the next president will be like or be Trump many are afraid that the EU will stay alone versus Russia.

21 minutes ago, BeondTheGrave said:

Looks like operational areas to me, notice Crimea and Donbas regions are not connected. If Putin is going to go for a major territorial revision, why wouldn't he link those two areas with a land bridge?

I also think that they are likely operational areas, thought in case that they in fact are post war planned borders, Crimea would not be united with the Donbass. Crimea is "oficially" part of the Russian Federation, while the republics are, technically, their own independent states. He is not going to "give back" Crimea, as Kruschev did.

Edited by CHEqTRO

Some ridiculous stuff I am seeing from various sources.  First, that this is the fault of the west because NATO expansion, etc.  Utter bulls-t.  If the Baltic states weren't in NATO, then Putin would be sending troops there.  There is zero chance NATO would attack russia, now or in any conceivable future unless Russia did some seriously crazy s--t.  Putin is doing this because he wants more land and (perceived) power. 

Putin has had every chance to show the west he's a safe and cooperative neighbor and trading partner.  but he's continually shown he's dangerous and can't be trusted. 

It's like blaming victim for being raped because she looked too good and that triggered the rapist, who just couldn't help himself.  (I actually heard Paul Harvey say this once, back in my youth.  Last time I listened to Paul Harvey.  I could say same thing about him: you chose to flaunt your rolex and your cadillac, why are you surprised you were robbed and assaulted?)

29 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

Please don’t post Sun nonsense.  They can’t even spell “fueling.”