june july august and september V2

Falaise

Here is the new version of the 4 months June July August and September (for @Aragorn2002) which uses @Lucky_Strike mods.

it works on the same principle as the previous version

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gusx1a43oah26px/AAAegFjxuQtbkwb0s58cgNgma?dl=0

The goal is to use as many of the fantastic of @Lucky-Strike bmps as possible over the course of the four months.

I took the time to be able to compare and refine, watching the evolution of nature during these 4 months. The richness of the lucky strike mod offers a (very) large number of combinations!!

In addition to the Lucky Strike mods other are original textures

I also tweaked the Ramblers mod for the trees by changing the colors and mixing them with the stock and Lucky Strike ones to break the repeat effect.

You will also find the plowed fields of Kieme and Aris modified so that the colors match the Norman soil which is brown.

Finally the whole has been reworked in color and saturation.

For reasons of balance so that if you are flush with the ground or at half height and height, some BMP does not appear "tackled" giving an unpleasant effect

You will also find a multitude of small insignificant details but which to put together give a real impression of the Normandy countryside.

The mods that I offer you, largely build and combine with these original textures, I advise you to remove all other vegetation and terrain mods to get the best result.

There are 6 files: one called land of Normandy

This is to be permanently installed in the z folder

Then 5 other files called June, Wet July and Dry July, August and September which must be installed as desired in z

You have to choose depending on the scenario which you are going to install in z. As soon as you take a scenario that changes months, all you have to do is put the corresponding "month" folder, thinking that you have deleted the previous "month" folder.

“Rendons a César ce qui est a César”

Without the existence of  @Lucky-Strike  Hedgerow hell mod, this mod would have been impossible. BIG BIG THANK you to him

I invite you to watch the post very carefully and strongly advise you to use "zzzzzz-LS-new-bocage-straight-1" which gives a big plus to the general aspect of the game

1if1.jpg

june

k8mo.jpg

wet july

u9pt.jpg

dry july

bdg4.jpg

august

zsx4.jpg

september

Edited by Falaise

7 hours ago, Falaise said:

Then 5 other files called June, Wet July and Dry July, August and September which must be installed as desired in z

You have to choose depending on the scenario which you are going to install in z

No sure I understand. Are the months folders using mod tags? If not using mod tags, is this still a viable method?

Great work btw - thanks for your effort and time to collate and produce it. 😀

Edited by The Steppenwulf

10 hours ago, Falaise said:

“Rendons a César ce qui est a César”

Without the existence of  @Lucky-Strike  Hedgerow hell mod, this mod would have been impossible. BIG BIG THANK you to him

Merci mon cher ami, tu es vraiment un artiste! Sans votre inspiration originale, rien de tout cela ne serait arrivé. Vous nous avez donné un vrai aperçu de votre beau pays et m'a fait monter la larme à l'œil. Merci beaucoup.

I hope to actually get some time to wander across a few maps this weekend with your mods installed. I keep promising folks on here that I'll look at this or that over the weekend but sadly I just don't seem to have the energy at the moment with so much RL stuff to do. Seeing your images does make me feel sad in a strange way, I guess a certain longing for the countryside of my youth ...

I am particularly blown away by the wet July/dry July pics, I remember days like this where a sudden shower would turn the countryside green where only hours before it had been parched and yellow. And I can see ripe apples in September ... sigh 😌 

And what's not to love about the picture of that Tiger ...

Thanks you ...

On 11/17/2021 at 3:46 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Merci mon cher ami, tu es vraiment un artiste! Sans votre inspiration originale, rien de tout cela ne serait arrivé. Vous nous avez donné un vrai aperçu de votre beau pays et m'a fait monter la larme à l'œil. Merci beaucoup.

I hope to actually get some time to wander across a few maps this weekend with your mods installed. I keep promising folks on here that I'll look at this or that over the weekend but sadly I just don't seem to have the energy at the moment with so much RL stuff to do. Seeing your images does make me feel sad in a strange way, I guess a certain longing for the countryside of my youth ...

I am particularly blown away by the wet July/dry July pics, I remember days like this where a sudden shower would turn the countryside green where only hours before it had been parched and yellow. And I can see ripe apples in September ... sigh 😌 

And what's not to love about the picture of that Tiger ...

Thanks you ...

Well said ... the french sentence of course ! 😆

...ok the rest too !!

Terrific Job I like really the comparison pictures !

JM

Frankly everyone, thank you for your praise.
there are some scenarios where, thanks to the talent of their authors, one can really feel in Normandy
peels mele and I forget a part !!!
Contact Front, Green Hell, Cross Road Monthardrou, Evil to be him, Wittmann's demise, Angriff der Grenadier and the hallucinating master map Haut vent and Pont Hébert.
I have been quite busy lately and have followed from afar, but I saw that @kohlenklau, @JM Stuffand @Lucky_Strikehad not thatched!
I watch and you will understand, with attention the trees of @Lucky_Strike, his modification of hedge is simply mind-blowing.
thank you and have a good ride ...

If you spend  in Normandy, warn me (in advance) I will show you the battlefield of the "Falaise Pocket"
and areas not yet deformed
Thank you

PS: Pas mal le français , tu est décidément plein de ressource cher camarade !!!

On 11/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, The Steppenwulf said:

No sure I understand. Are the months folders using mod tags? If not using mod tags, is this still a viable method?

Great work btw - thanks for your effort and time to collate and produce it. 😀

No it's not tagged, but you can do it.
I like to play the same scenario with different atmospheres ...
I am one of those players who likes to play and replay scenarios!

7 hours ago, Falaise said:

PS: Pas mal le français , tu est décidément plein de ressource cher camarade !!!

Hehe, I was helped somewhat by mr Google. The trick is to write it in English, translate to French then translate it back to English, if it still mostly makes sense it's safe to use. Nevertheless heartfelt and sincere.