Christmas 2021 Scenario Challenge

kohlenklau

On 11/23/2021 at 9:39 PM, kohlenklau said:

A tiny Barbarossa panzer combat teaser scenario is now in my goody box!

BARB The Double Zug Hug

I just played this today, I am a fan of small battles and this was very well done. I enjoyed what you did.

I walked away with a tactical win 317 to 169 (I dont want to give anything away) but I enjoyed what I found I was up against - good challenge.

In my mind I did not win, I lost 5 tanks and that was 13 crew members out of action. Not a way for the Germans to win the war. But you know what I was up against - so you can decide how I faired. 

Just finished  "Mann Gegen Panzer"

Also a fun little battle that I enjoyed.

I managed a Minor victory in this one with a score of 1500 to 1173, prevented anything from exiting.

I had 16 men left, lost 27. Only one leader from the original group was alive.

I think the AI armor could have overrun me and make it onward. But the AI lost the will to push the attack. With what it did, it only had one tank usable in the end. Against another player, I would have been toast.

This battle was also well designed.

@slysniper I am glad you enjoyed them! More on the way...

Scenario points for each side and having the end result (like your tactical victory and then minor victory) make sense based on how it all ends is always a challenge for me. Lately I have been trying to have every individual soldier (but not crews of vehicles) be 1 point. I add up the soldiers and set the points for wiping out the soldiers as 117 or 38, etc. Then I have tried to determine a small point value system for different vehicles. I tried to copy one off ASL. I also use some touch objectives and some occupy objectives. I haven't messed with preserve much. The parameter stuff can sometimes help beef up the points to make a victory more clarified at the end. 

I can't promise I will ever get the points and victory levels "right"...but if you say "I enjoyed it, it was fun" that is more important to me.

18 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Panzer Divisions: The Eastern Front 1941-43" page 42, 11th Panzer Division drive to Dubno, 23-25 June 1941.

Actually the biggest tank battle of the war. Around 3,000 Soviet tanks and 800 German tanks plus lot's of air attacks from both sides. Would love to see how or if you modeled any of the Soviet tanks involved like the KV 1 or 2, T-26 and the BT 7's.

The only book I found on that battle is "Dubno 1941 by Aleksei Isaev": https://www.amazon.com/Dubno-1941-Greatest-Battle-Second/dp/1911628437/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1637933237&sr=1-1

Looking forward to see what can do with this...😀

11 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

Looking forward to see what can do with this...

My focus will be on the battle at Radziechow...more aligned with my current ability and skill set.

Still sizable! 30 Soviet tanks were lost and almost as many panzers.

o0WVFGG.jpg

EDIT: I think I will depart from this thread and head over to the CMRT forum for more Barbarossa discussion, glad to see you over there and listen to any suggestions you or others might have. Please remember the golden rule here, I have no magic wand, just limited Blender abilities and trickery.

Edited by kohlenklau

fantastic @kohlenklau !

i just played the "old grave yard" and i just saw one of the coolest moment i saw on CM
without spoiler a Finnish machine gun unit commanded by a man named Tikkanen is overwhelmed by the Soviets. All is lost the Russians standing on the edge of the fox holes shoot at point blank range the poor Finns. 1,2 3 then 4 of these perish under the fire of the Russians without mercy. Suddenly, coming out of his fright, the non-commissioned officer Tikkanen stood up with a submachine gun in his hand, he shot down at point blank range 1 then 2 Russians causing a movement of panic. The Russians are withdrawing !!
 Undoubtedly trained by the courage of his leader, the last able-bodied soldier also straightens up and engages the Russians, more than ten Russians withdraw to their starting position, the soldier then throws himself on the machine gun. The bursts burst from the weapon methodically mowing down the fugitives. The scene is hallucinating the incredible turnaround, there I wanted to throw myself into the screen and join them. My imagination made me smell the cordite and hear the chirping of the weapon which cooled

a hollywood movie!
 as always a very immersive scenario
I also recommend the particularly kiffant man gegen panzer

@Falcon_the_Slut

Not a bad idea....But FYI, the OP is not editable at all after I think 1 hour. I went and checked and they all about say what game it is for. I think Falaise said the keyword "Caen" so that must be CMBN. A couple of mine did not say CMRT but said FINN so that screams out CMRT. Please go back and enjoy the thread and see the 16 or 17 links while I polish up a silver platter. 😄

EDIT: I had already planned and will make a consolidation post with links and such and to say thanks for all respondents when this closes out on 12/25...

Edited by kohlenklau

I was just uncoiling then rigging up some Christmas lights and it sometimes makes me feel like I am gonna blow up a bridge...gave me an idea for a scenario. I should have it done tomorrow...

CMRT play as allies vs axis AI

BARB SNOS MOSTA (BRIDGE DEMOLITION) 

^
The Eastern Front, June 1941. 
^
You are Major Mikhail Jagarski, a fully trained Red Army engineering officer. You command a detachment of engineers but have also corralled a platoon of demoralized conscripts straggling back from the previous town. Just now a coded radio transmission ordered you to prepare the bridge over the Bestelnaya River for demolition. The bridge must not fall intact into fascist hands!
^
The German motorized scouting units are visible just out of range. They are sure to soon gain enough strength to press hard to take the vital bridge. Your demolitions sergeants are offmap at the bridge structure and need at least 15 minutes to rig the charges and blow the bridge.  
^
Deploy your available forces to hold back the enemy.
^
You have 20 minutes to complete your mission. Points are given for destroying the enemy and preventing them from reaching the rear area touch objective. 

Comrade, we wish you the best of luck in escaping afterward to further serve our beloved Motherland.