Christmas 2021 Scenario Challenge

kohlenklau

Alright, 50 days until X-mas. The gauntlet is down for you guys, especially you "cherries", to make a scenario, your first scenario...?, before Christmas. Let us swamp the community with some scenarios. Use or modify an existing map if you need to (and give polite credit in your briefing or designers notes to prevent accusations of being a dreaded parasite!). Make your own simple map! No Rembrandts are required! Dial it down to 208 x 208, the teeniest tiniest map you can make. Playable from only one side is AOK. Just make sure to say that guidance in the main cover description. Use just a tiny force. Put the AI on defence and the AI plan is very rudy..rudo..ruddimuntary..it is EASIER! Use just a small timeframe of 10 minutes!  I (and a butt ton of others) am here to lend a hand to answer questions or go and have Turkey in a few weeks and read the famous JonS scenario guide pdf in your main install folder. All these different titles can use some new juices.

I've played a few of @kohlenklau's tiny/small scenarios recently.  From partisans in Poland and Italy to small battles in North Africa and Greece they were all great fun, some single play and the larger ones against the maestro himself, thanks Phil.

If small size is an issue (ooh err) I'm sure making it a bit bigger is not a problem (ooh err again).

59 minutes ago, Hapless said:

208x208 is distressingly small and 10 minutes is very short.

it can be whatever size they want, but the editor allows 208x208 and 10 minutes

JonS "Kiwi Soldiers" from CMFI GL is 208x208, I forget how long

I see it as a cool thing to be down and intimate with a few teams and a platoon HQ

A small street to go down a bit and try to clean out a building for example

But I am WW2 title player...so...you know

The Church Of Klaus:

Extremely rudimentary scenario, should be extremely painful to play. No briefing, two objectives, and a few unit objectives. Played as Soviet vs AI. Requires CMRT with F&R.

Santa refused to deliver gifts this year, the partisans were sent in to investigate the Klaus Haus. Word is that it's lightly defended, but the Toy Factory isn't far away. Good luck and try to enjoy the pain.

:D

https://ufile.io/nd9lgz6r

Edited to provide more AT assets. I guess soviet infantry don't have AT grenades as standard, and they aren't arbitrarily equipped.

Edited by Artkin

I can't edit the first post anymore but 

ANY SIZE!
ANY DURATION!

ALL DISCUSSION OF the 208x208 10 minute was just to try and shrink the size of the monster to first timers.

"I think the enemy of scenario completion is a person's natural urge to make it more grand and bigger, better and bouncier"

kohlenklau, 11/05/2021

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I'm actually finding it hard to come up with something..

If I was not completely green as an editor I would come up with a tactical withdrawal. Have a convoy of trucks to exit first before the defending force can follow them. They face a vastly superior force and don't have a hope in hell to defeat them. Like Dunkirk only smaller.  A river with a bridge would do, the moment the enemy approach the bridge it blows up. 

With Their Pants Down.btt

Scenario requires CMFI+GL+R2V

Designed to be played as Allies only

The setting is an extremely rapid raid on a German position. British Airborne v Gerbigs Pioneers. Get in, inflict as much damage as possible, get out. It's not designed to be a challenge in of itself, it's more just about trying to make a mission with the time constraint. (and an excuse to play with my favourite, the wasp)

Thought it would be fun to stick to the absolute minimum so a quick 208x208 map, and a mission that is effectively 10 minutes long. The actual timer is 15 but you probably don't want to be on the map after 10.

I don't necessarily intend to do any more work on it, but feedback is always appreciated.

I am making one today for CMFI and it will have a bunch of my Crete mods. Link will be provided to the scenario and mods later today...

"The Mandarin House"

^
Galatas, Crete. 25 May 1941. Late in the day with the sun setting. Light wind from the sea to the northwest. 
^
You command the remnants of a New Zealand infantry company with some support weapons. After an enemy attack, you have managed to surround a few squads of German Fallschirmjagers holed up in the orange walled building the troops have dubbed the "Mandarin House". You have reported this to Brigade and reinforcements from the 3rd Hussars are being organized to assist you. They are due in about 10 to 20 minutes.
^
Your enemy is surrounded and exhausted after almost a week of fighting in the hot Crete weather. But they are the German's elite parachute forces. They are a tough bunch! 
^
Deploy your forces as desired. The dark blue set up zone totally surrounds the enemy position with a small buffer.
^
You have 30 minutes to accomplish your mission. Points are awarded for destroying enemy units and taking the enemy position. 

3 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

You got your mojo back!

I'll let you know when I finish it.....I'm Having fun with the map:

kbieg8f.jpg

Still a long way to go, but I reckon it's starting to take shape.....Won't look much like that in game mind you, the conditions are set to make my life easy while making it, but they'll be set to do the opposite for the player!  ;)

For those who want to do a RT scenario based on actual operations this would be helpful: https://pamyat-naroda.ru/ops/  

You only get the Russian side and only a basic understanding of the opposing Axis forces but that information is generally more available than finding these Russian forces would have been.

You slide the timeline bar and you can go to any year and month and it will give you a list of operations that occurred at that time. When you click on the operation link you can get more details about what units were there down to at least brigade level maybe even lower.You can see the combat path on where the units were at any given time alos plus they have the actual combat/historical maps. Tons of useful info on this site. 

They also have the combat logs of each unit but they are copies of the original documents and are in Russian and you can't use any type of Google translate on them.

I'll also post this in the RT section.