Christmas 2021 Scenario Challenge

kohlenklau

I gotta share this CMRT one I have in the design process! Working title is "Mann Gegen Panzer"

I am aiming for an October 1941 look with Waffen-SS in fall smocks with jackboots. They're on the defense in a wheatfield with hasty foxholes (craters) and it reminds me of an old CMBB scenario but not the same actors, no KV's 😞

It will feature the mod using the grenade bundle in place of the demo charge. I have to play some other tricks to have an HMG34 and LMG34.

fun stuff

Download link at the bottom!

Give this a try as axis vs allied AI. CMRT BARB Mann Gegen Panzer scenario for Fall 1941 vs Soviets in a M35 uniform mod and an M36 helmet mod. BARB for Barbarossa! so easier to see in scenario list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^
The Eastern Front, October 1941. 
^
You have just your Waffen-SS platoon, much dwindled in size since the offensive started earlier in June. Hauptsturmfuhrer Kulner is available with heavy weapons and is monitoring your phone circuit. He will arrive in 10 or 15 minutes. Hang on!
^
The luftwaffe reported that a small tank force with infantry is headed your way. The enemy will approach from the north with the goal to get to a certain few hexes on the southern edge of the map and exit...
^
Deploy your forces, anti-tank mines and foxholes as you desire to best stop the enemy.
^
You have 30 minutes to complete your mission. Points are given for destroying the Soviet tanks and preventing them from exiting. 

INCOMING MORTARS! Get down...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A big mod folder to grab! 🤪

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yoptddfhbnym47w/AAC6dl5WOcTGGxN2jm3CuqRAa?dl=0

34 days until Xmas my good comrades!

I have several scenarios actively cooking on the stove. A few are still up in my brain gaining critical mass.

The US Thanksgiving holiday is approaching. I think that will give me/us/you some extra time to be creative in our sedentary hobby. 

Here is one that is in my brain...for the refined tastes of @Blazing 88's and @Vacilllator

BARB Panzer Schlacht Russland (bigger map with 1941 armor, my best presentation based on my limitations)

FINN The Old Graveyard is now in my goody box.

^
You and your detachment of infantry from the 6th Division have just dug in at the edge of "The Old Graveyard" at Ihantala, Finland. 30 June 1944. Light wind from the west. 
^
You are commanding a reinforced platoon of infantry. Ammunition is somewhat low but the General said his own staff car would deliver more in about 15 minutes. 
^
The Soviet enemy recently invaded Finland unexpectedly and is moving rapidly to take as much Finnish territory as possible. Our scouts report a strong infantry force headed your way. They have heavy artillery.
^
Set up your weapons to cover the field to the south, the Soviets are coming from that direction. Be prepared to grab the supplies that General Vilma is sending to the graveyard. 
^
You have about 20-25 minutes to accomplish your mission. Points are awarded for destroying enemy units and holding the graveyard. 

A big armor-centric scenario is coming soon. BIG Map. Lots of toys. Please just remember I have no magic wand. I can only do what I can do. I will pull all the rabbits out of the hat that I possibly can. When you play it, IF you play it, just remember that scope of enjoyment or whatever is a better term. 

kFW9roJ.png

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

A big armor-centric scenario is coming soon. BIG Map. Lots of toys. Please just remember I have no magic wand. I can only do what I can do. I will pull all the rabbits out of the hat that I possibly can. When you play it, IF you play it, just remember that scope of enjoyment or whatever is a better term. 

kFW9roJ.png

Nice job "Uncle Phill" not everybodys in Europe has an uncle in America, for the time ME yes !!👍

if you want I can prepare some wreck for this period, I would need some textures to do it see on my Corner, I like really much the German blue colour really nice job done ...

JM

A tiny Barbarossa panzer combat teaser scenario is now in my goody box!

BARB The Double Zug Hug

^
Near Udachnyy Vystrel, Soviet Union. Summer 1941. An afternoon probe sadly caused by Hauptmann Hartman's zest to achieve the iron cross. Fields as far as the eye can see. Light wind from the east. 
^
You are Leutnant Gluckstreffer and lead the 1st Zug of the 99th Reserve Panzer Company out of Munster. You have four PanzerIIIG's with a PanzerIVD in support. Fuel and ammo are topped off.
^
You can see "Alte Harty's" panzer burning fiercely. Herr Hauptmann is presumed KIA along with the Battalion Adjutant Major Schmerzen and the Regimental Veterinarian, Herr Doktor Wenigmachen, their panzers also seem knocked out. Mein Gott! All this just to gain a decoration and impress the frauleins! What caused the loss of three panzers is a mystery you are ordered to immediately solve. The radio also informs you that the 2nd Zug will arrive in 5 to 10 minutes.
^
The farm building is a likely spot for Red Army stragglers. Wipe out any occupants and destroy the barn. Move forward as you decide.
^
You have 15 minutes to accomplish your mission. Points (...and maybe decorations???) are awarded for destroying enemy units and reaching some hidden touch objectives. PANZERS VORWARTS!!!

Scenario up! See my CMRT aisle, regular CMRT shelf. No mods!

Play as axis vs allied AI only

CMRT FR Frozen Meat for Christmas

1420, Christmas Eve
The enemy is launching a massive attack all along the Army Group frontline. At this very moment, in your little corner of the war, Soviet sappers have blown a hole in your wire and penetrated into your company's trenches. Observation Post (OP) Bertha is occupied by the enemy as a precursor to their main attack expected at any moment. Meanwhile, you are under a steady rain of mortar and MG fire.

^

Retake OP Bertha, expel the enemy from your trenches, consolidate the defensive line and prepare for further enemy attacks. You have 20 minutes plus 5 minutes of variable time.

^

Although the Soviet preparatory artillery barrage caused minimal casualties, your company is spread quite thin. In this sector, your 3rd Platoon is in the trenches along with a few attached heavy weapons. You have scratched together a small reserve force to assist in your mission. Some of your trenches are partially collapsed due to the enemy artillery barrage as well as by recent heavy snow fall.

^

The follow-on Soviet main attack will no doubt be a combined arms assault. Sappers followed by infantry supported by tanks. The enemy objectives are to destroy your forces and exit to the south.

^

Reposition troops within assigned set-up zones but do not adjust trenches.

^

TOUCH OP Bertha: 200 points
OCCUPY Forward Trenches: 3 sections of 100 points each
DESTROY Enemy Units: up to 500 points
TOTAL POINTS: 1000

Edited by kohlenklau

16 scenarios offered here so far...excellent!

Come on everybody! Each of us has a spark of imagination for our hobby. Maybe you lack the experience in the process? Study that pdf scenario making guide in your CM install directory. Try something small or really whatever size eases your woes.. 

Crack open a DOWNLOADED or STOCK scenario in the editor and reverse engineer it. Tweak it and make something new, make a hybrid.