Fire and Rubble: What are you looking forward to the most?

57 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

It seemed suspicious to me that only half of the heads are visible ...😉

Yeah. The art work is complete and, barring a bug, the next build I'll be able to post full pictures. It's a simple fix. The naming conventions used for the art and the naming conventions the game was looking for were different. The fix was simply renaming the artwork files to match what the game is looking for. It isn't a situation like the mapping problem we had with the Sikh turbans.......That was a nightmare.

2 hours ago, E5K said:

I have two partisan scenarios ready to go. Just need partisans. I have done some testing using Russian recon. But better to wait and see what toys they have to play with.

Playtesting will take at least a couple of weeks, I pressume. That rules a release in March out. Perhaps even April. Ah well.

Edited by Aragorn2002

21 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Playtesting will take at least a couple of weeks, I pressume. That rules a release in March out. Perhaps even April. Ah well.

Yes its hard to wait. Im still holding on for March. But at this point who knows.

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yeah. The art work is complete and, barring a bug, the next build I'll be able to post full pictures. It's a simple fix. The naming conventions used for the art and the naming conventions the game was looking for were different. The fix was simply renaming the artwork files to match what the game is looking for.

Cheers for the update! Great to see the last piece of the puzzle that estab making is fall into place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have all read about how different the fighting on the Eastern Front could be from the Western Front. So maybe Fire and Rubble will show this by having a bit of what these words from a commander describe "We watched their slaughter with sorrow and fury. The Soviet foot soldiers advanced between the tanks and smashed in the head of our unfortunate comrades with trench shovels. One of [my men] waved a white handkerchief above his head in vain. He had his face bashed in like the others by the slaughterers."

I am looking forward FR can provide a unique atmosphere, Götterdämmerung. A feeling mixed with taste of victory and the fear of defeat. the desire of revenge and the instinct of survive. 

I am looking forward to play in a scenario similar to CMBB's "Once a King".  You command an ad hoc battlegroup consist of SS, Heer, LW or whatever the troops that can still carry a gun, try to break through the Soviet's roadblock when under heavy Katyusha bombardment.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, BornGinger said:

We have all read about how different the fighting on the Eastern Front could be from the Western Front. So maybe Fire and Rubble will show this by having a bit of what these words from a commander describe "We watched their slaughter with sorrow and fury. The Soviet foot soldiers advanced between the tanks and smashed in the head of our unfortunate comrades with trench shovels. One of [my men] waved a white handkerchief above his head in vain. He had his face bashed in like the others by the slaughterers."

BornGinger, is that from a book? And if so, which book?

It's from page 300 in the book Campaign In Russia by Degrelle I'm about to finish.

But I'm sure one can read similar things in other books.

I've never read any book by the author who wrote under the name Sven Hassel. But I remember that my brother, who read those books, talked about similar things. The writer "Sven Hassel" apparently took stuff to his books from Danish SS-volunteers.

Edited by BornGinger