Fire and Rubble: What are you looking forward to the most?

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I am today enjoying the 5 year old snows of the CMRT Winter Mod (released late 2015) but of course it is a workaround with modtags and many things not fully winterized. I use muddy terrain to TRY and simulate snow. Nothing perfect.

Far too modest. I've used it for the past five years and I still think it's brilliant, even compared with winter in CMFB or CMFI.

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Btw it would be grand to have a winter version of the Finn mod, Kohlenklau.

I will definitely try to take my Finn Mod to winter. Juju had done the UI emblems and some other stuff. I borrowed the Finnish voices from CMBB. My limited photoshop skills (think kindergarten art on the fridge with magnets) got me greyish uniforms and I think I used the Soviet PPSH SMG to look like that famous Finnish SMG. It was what it was. 

I also had a Hungarian Mod in progress years back. I saw somebody took that ball and was trying to run forward with that. I spotted the Hungarian greatcoat collar emblems I had "photo shop bludgeoned" into the mod. I had so much ambition without the requisite skill or talent. :-) I was trying to make a Hungarian camouflage poncho... I had trouble getting the color of the Hungarian helmets correct. 

I am kind of re-emerging into CM and the forum after several years hiatus...

Edited by kohlenklau

16 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I will definitely try to take my Finn Mod to winter. Juju had done the UI emblems and some other stuff. I borrowed the Finnish voices from CMBB. My limited photoshop skills (think kindergarten art on the fridge with magnets) got me greyish uniforms and I think I used the Soviet PPSH SMG to look like that famous Finnish SMG. It was what it was. 

I also had a Hungarian Mod in progress years back. I saw somebody took that ball and was trying to run forward with that. I spotted the Hungarian greatcoat collar emblems I had "photo shop bludgeoned" into the mod. I had so much ambition without the requisite skill or talent. 🙂 I was trying to make a Hungarian camouflage poncho... I had trouble getting the color of the Hungarian helmets correct. 

We missed you. Remember we both worked on that scenario? You made the map with the different heights for me. 

35 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

We missed you. Remember we both worked on that scenario? You made the map with the different heights for me. 

I seem to remember your large scenario based on a German unit up near the Baltic(?) coast. The Lions or something like that...?

Thanks, it is good to be missed. It goes both ways, I did enjoy working with you and lots of other great guys on various CM projects. The best is yet to come!

56 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I also had a Hungarian Mod in progress years back. I saw somebody took that ball and was trying to run forward with that. I spotted the Hungarian greatcoat collar emblems I had "photo shop bludgeoned" into the mod. I had so much ambition without the requisite skill or talent. 🙂 I was trying to make a Hungarian camouflage poncho... I had trouble getting the color of the Hungarian helmets correct. 

Hi Phil, it’s good to hear you’re getting back into CM! I modified the Finn mod some time ago, added some weapons and even some uniform bits IIRC. Anyway, let me know if I can help out on any mods you might be cooking up.

Just now, kohlenklau said:

I seem to remember your large scenario based on a German unit up near the Baltic(?) coast. The Lions or something like that...?

Thanks, it is good to be missed. It goes both ways, I did enjoy working with you and lots of other great guys on various CM projects. The best is yet to come!

The Lions are hunting.

Yes, I still think it's one of the best maps/scenarios ever. And I do play it a lot. Perhaps I will finish it and release it when Fire and Rubble comes out. Not sure, might not be to everyone's taste, although Earl Grey liked it and that's high praise!

You're right, the best is yet to come! Winter is coming! 

Lol, more like average sized modder--you just like Goums! I did do some FJs for RT but someone, I think Benpark(?), beat me to it  and because he is a mod giant, they were much better and so I never uploaded mine. 

So, you have been holding out a scenario on us, Aragorn? Why haven't you been giving us any bones about it? (Couldn't resist, my friend.)😁

Btw, with the announcement of CW, and with F&R coming soon, I hope to get the Goums based on the British and the US (along with some "unleavened" uniforms for SF2) out the door in the next month.

52 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

Lol, more like average sized modder--you just like Goums! 

No, no  no, no, no! I won't permit you calling yourself average. Your Goums are brilliant. I fought a battle with them only yesterday and it nearly broke my heart to finish them off! 🙂

So, you have been holding out a scenario on us, Aragorn? Why haven't you been giving us any bones about it? (Couldn't resist, my friend.)😁

And well deserved too. I behaved rather badly when it came to bones and stuff. 😄

Btw, with the announcement of CW, and with F&R coming soon, I hope to get the Goums based on the British and the US (along with some "unleavened" uniforms for SF2) out the door in the next month.

That is great news, MJ! Really looking forward to that! Still hoping for Gurkhas too, you know.

Edited by Aragorn2002

44 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

And not just any scenario:

Come on, please share the joy 😉.

I will. Just give me another couple of months. Or if you're really curious I could send some work in progress if someone is interested. I have to add objectives and AI plans, but it can be played by the German side.  The map is finished, the troops positioned, so it can be used already.

Edited by Aragorn2002

33 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

if you're really curious I could send some work in progress ... I have to add objectives and AI plans, but it can be played by the German side.

I am curious enough, but is it better to wait for the fully baked article so as not to spoil the eventual wonder?  If you think so I'll wait, but if not I can PM you with an email address...

On 2/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

You traitor...😏

Well, I'm as thrilled by the Cold War news as everyone is and I enjoy the present hype, but the reality is that for the time being we will only have the USSR and US units. I never played as the Russians or Americans in any of the CM games and I never will. Just not my cup of tea. The Cold War will only become interesting for me after the other NATO countries appear and given the experiences of the recent years that could take some time....I will of course buy it to support the gang.

An Afghanistan module? Well, let's give it another seven years or so....😆

The battles that can be recreated with the coming Fire and Rubble module are many and extremely interesting, for example:

- The defensive battles East of Warsaw in the Summer of 1944 (IV. SS Panzerkorps with Wiking and Totenkopf among others!). Comparable to Manstein's counterstroke at Charkow in the beginning of 1943 and much overlooked in the history of the Eastern front. Read 'From the Realm of a Dying Sun' by Douglas Nash, three volumes, of which the third will be published soon!

- The entire Courland-battle (all four of them) with incredible fierce fighting and the ideal background for smaller scenarios.

- The defensive battles in Eastern Prussia in the autumn of 1944, and the counterattacks at Goldap and Nemmersdorf (remember that name). I'm thinking Hermann Göring Panzer Division!

- Fallschirmjäger in the Baltics and on other sectors of the front!

- Winter scenery! Cold War will not become cold for quite some time, I can assure you...😁

- The fierce German counterattack at Lauban in March 1945 with Remer's Führerbegleit-Panzerdivision among others!

- The final and crushing Soviet Oder-offensive and the desperate battles that followed in the beginning of 1945.

The battle of Bautzen, the last German victory in ww2, in april 1945, against the Polish 2nd Army.

- The entire battle of Hungary in snow and ice, with all German and Soviet offensives. King Tigers vs. Josef Stalin-tanks, new Soviet AT and SU, etc. etc. Worth a module of it's own!

- The entire battle in and around Berlin, with Volkssturm, HJ and what's left of the Wehrmacht and Waffen SS.

- Fallschirmjäger! Gebirgsjäger! Volksgrenadiere! Volkssturm! Luftwaffe Field units! Naval infantry!

- Partisans!

- German Heavy Cruiser and Destroyer batteries! Prinz Eugen!

- A multitude of superb maps!

- New sexy vehicles like the Jagdpanzer IV L/70, Ostwind Flak, StuG IV, Jagdpanther, Panzer III, Elefant, Sherman, Valentine, SU-100, M-10, SPW 251/17, SPW 251/21, PSW 234/4, SPW 251/22, M17, M15, M5, 128mm PAK44, 100mm M1944 and so on and so forth.

Do you remember again? 😎

Good pitch! :)

On 2/22/2021 at 8:48 PM, mjkerner said:

Lol, more like average sized modder--you just like Goums! I did do some FJs for RT but someone, I think Benpark(?), beat me to it  and because he is a mod giant, they were much better and so I never uploaded mine. 

He showed solidarity to the BFC delays 😉

19 hours ago, ratdeath said:
This: 

Process -> Completed  :) (Yes, still waiting, no change!)

Fatal error: undefined state 'completed' on line 666.

Same here but I think that's all working as designed, more or less. When the module is out we will receive a DL link and the necessary key is already in place.

13 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I thought Seelow was considered for one of the battles? If not he has other great videos. In his reichstag video he said there were 154 soviet killed and 300+ killed+captured germans april30-may 1 (or 2 I cant remember). That works in CM terms

The people who make the scenarios are just people like you and me. They just have the skills and experience. But we have all the tools to make it.