Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

1 hour ago, Thomm said:

It is the same with your opponent. Perhaps because it is overcast?!

I am totally out of the loop re. CM. Maybe it is supposed to look like that. But shadows would be beneficial, I guess.

Best regards,
Thomm

There´s no (noticeable) shadows when overcast, which is realistic. Think the somewhat bland looking city streets add to the shadowless impression. Adding bits more contour and devastation might improve on that.

CMBN_RubbledStreets.jpg

8 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

There´s no (noticeable) shadows when overcast, which is realistic. Think the somewhat bland looking city streets add to the shadowless impression. Adding bits more contour and devastation might improve on that.

CMBN_RubbledStreets.jpg

Hey @RockinHarryman where can we have yours textures, these pictures is wonderfull seem so real  like in " the Pianist" movie this is the Berlin aspect that I would like to see in the new FnR...

2 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Hey @RockinHarryman where can we have yours textures, these pictures is wonderfull seem so real  like in " the Pianist" movie this is the Berlin aspect that I would like to see in the new FnR...

It´s just 2 textures changed here. Rubble is available at CMMODS IV (CMBN) and the damaged wall textures for independent buildings is at my dropbox now. Check your PM! B)However, it´s more the way buildings are placed, combined with ditch-locked terrain tiles and certain terrain types combined. This to enable piling up rubble along building walls nicely. For large maps like Berlin this would be a huge effort though. :wacko:

There are quite a few areas that have damage to that level, but the entire master map will have varying degrees- otherwise they wouldn't be feasible (loading times, fps). The QB maps all have an extra detail pass on them, as well as scenarios (where most people will see them). For those looking for very destroyed portions for chopping up for QB, etc., they are there.

As far as using your own building mods, those could work still. There are a few roof differences, if I recall to make them better for city rows- but the base texture, minus roof should still work.

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, benpark said:

There are quite a few areas that have damage to that level, but the entire master map will have varying degrees- otherwise they wouldn't be feasible (loading times, fps). The QB maps all have an extra detail pass on them, as well as scenarios (where most people will see them). For those looking for very destroyed portions for chopping up for QB, etc., they are there.

As far as using your own building mods, those could work still. There are a few roof differences, if I recall to make them better for city rows- but the base texture, minus roof should still work.

Thank you very much to describe in details really appreciate !

Edited by 3j2m7

16 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Ugh.....What little gains I made gone in a single shot. 

BFCElvis, are 11 men squads in the final version of the game? I think it can be a mistake. I'd posted documents some time ago, in full strength Soviet division squads couldn't be more then 8 men. 8 men in squad - the best case, average number would be 5-6. 11 men squads were only in pre-war TO&E. In 1944-1945 red army had problems with manpower, units couldn't be reinforced by draft of locals. All divisions were transferred to so called "7 thousand TO&E", having only 6000-7000 men. 

And soviet squads have no squad leader assistant? Actually there were 2 NCOs in Soviet squad, squad leader (sergeant) and machinegunner (gefreiter=corporal). 

Edited by DMS

Feeling pretty good right now. Germans have moved into the buildings just south of Berliner Weisse. Initially I had just a SMG HQ squad there and they are doing a bit of killing and a lot of suppressing. This is buying me the time that I need as I bring my armor up to really get busy on these guys. My tanks are moving into position.

1_18_1.jpg

1_18_2.jpg

1_18_3.jpg

1 minute ago, Hilts said:

That is how a ruined city should look...... Great job Harry!

Yepp...

This  being a BFC aar i guess they wan't to show the game without any mods and without any modifications to the master map...

But when using a slice of these maps in scenarios i belive some additional moddifications would be preferable...

- more heavely destroyed buildingd

- more rubble (both with and without ditchlock)

- more craters

- perhaps destroyed vehicles 

And to make the infantryfighting somewhat more fun...

'Unlock' most of the buildings for internal movement...either via internal doors...or even better imo...by rubbeling the internal walls between adjajcent buildings...

IIRC if you remove the wall entirely on one building and rubble it on the adjajcent building...

Troops may both fire through the rubble as well as actually move into the next building through the rubble...

Having one of the walls rubbled looks a bit better compared to completally removing it i feel...atleast in rubbled towns..

Doing this at various floors for most of the buildings provides some nice oppertunities for a more intresting infantry battle...

It should be doable for maps simular in size to this aar...it will be a bit of work but i belive it will be worth it...afterall  we will not need to design the map...it's already finished 😁

18 minutes ago, RepsolCBR said:

This  being a BFC aar i guess they wan't to show the game without any mods and without any modifications to the master map...

Yes, and it goes beyond just showing the game as BFC will release it (although that's a big one....it wouldn't make sense to show screenshots that include things that aren't shipped with the game. When we beta test we do not use any mods. On the Help Desk over the years I have seen all manner of odd things happen because of mods. I'm not saying that to say that mods are bad, it's just that when you are looking for bugs you don't want any 3rd party content that may introduce problems. You end up chasing ghosts that way.

"............................................................................................................................................."

(notice that the round went completely through the SU-85...in the front and out the back.. That is a heck of a shot)

1_17_3.jpg

Edited by BFCElvis
Didn't attach the screenshot

12 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

"............................................................................................................................................."

(notice that the round went completely through the SU-85...in the front and out the back.. That is a heck of a shot)

1_17_3.jpg

Double ouch, or make that quadruple! 😁

Let me recap where things are to give a better idea of what is happening in the only hotspot right now:

- The purple circle shows where his Panther is. He has also brought a 75mm Recoiless gun there. It's still limbered. 

- The Soviet troops circled in gray are the ones shooting at multiple German units in building adjacent to Berliner Weisse. The yellow line is where they are located. Pretty close, right? The're paying a price for that.

- The pink circle is where the Mark IVs have been since they were first sighted.

- The orange circle on the left are the troops that can see the Mark IVs. He hasn't fired on them in a while. They're keeping their heads down for now.

- The yellow circle are an OT-34 and  T-34-85 that came up with the now kilt SU-85.

- And finally, the other orange circle is where the SU-85 joined the choir invisible. 

I hope this gives some perspective that may get lost in the close up shots. 

1_17_4.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ultradave said:

John,

You appear to be roughly evened up on reporting now. 

Dave

Yeah. I got a message this morning that he'd posted about he SU-85...So, I figuredI'd bring things up to date. There is only one turn that I haven't posted about yet.

1 hour ago, BFCElvis said:

Let me recap where things are to give a better idea of what is happening in the only hotspot right now:

- The purple circle shows where his Panther is. He has also brought a 75mm Recoiless gun there. It's still limbered. 

- The Soviet troops circled in gray are the ones shooting at multiple German units in building adjacent to Berliner Weisse. The yellow line is where they are located. Pretty close, right? The're paying a price for that.

- The pink circle is where the Mark IVs have been since they were first sighted.

- The orange circle on the left are the troops that can see the Mark IVs. He hasn't fired on them in a while. They're keeping their heads down for now.

- The yellow circle are an OT-34 and  T-34-85 that came up with the now kilt SU-85.

- And finally, the other orange circle is where the SU-85 joined the choir invisible. 

I hope this gives some perspective that may get lost in the close up shots. 

1_17_4.jpg

I think the yellow circle is actually a green circle? It is on my monitor at least.

4 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

1_17_3.jpg

must´ve been a particularly vulnerable spot on the SU. A single AP blowing off all the riders... yikes. What about the crew? :o

What´s the data in bottom right corner btw? Guess some debugging stuff not availabe to us commoners?