Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

7 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

well, that went poorly.  I didn't realize the wave would be rushing a panther.  OUCH

I see that Ithikial didn't mention it in his wrap up but what you saw was a bug with the beta that we have reported. I had orders ALL of the units into the buildings next to where they died. I had suspected that I saw something similar near where the SMG Company was set up earlier in the battle and had mentioned it.  The orders were to go into one side of the buildings and out the other. Hopefully firing a lot of bullets during the brief waypoint stop. Instead they ran wildly into the open and got torn to pieces.

I'll get some screenshots and more information together but it's important that I add that when it happened I did not feel like I had lost the game because of it. After reading his AAR I believe that even more. It was not won or lost because of the bug. If that had been the case it would have been a big bummer for me, him and anyone that was following the battle. Also, we have some great examples of the bug to send to HQ. 🙂

I was taking so long to do the little bit of editing that was needed for mine. So, I asked my son if he'd put it together for me. I sent him files labeled 1, 2 and 3. I didn't give him any context....just asked if could edit it together. When he sent me the file it was named:

"Batch of Guys Getting Fu&ked Up. Their blood is on YOUR hands this time.mp4" (that's a copy/paste) True words. 🙂 

41 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

"Batch of Guys Getting Fu&ked Up. Their blood is on YOUR hands this time.mp4" (that's a copy/paste) True words. 🙂

Haha, yes indeed.

Thanks for the effort from you and Ithikial on this, very entertaining.

Also thanks for the open discussion of issues, which I'm sure will be resolved before we get our grubby hands on F&R.

• 2 months later...

I am ashamed of myself that I still haven't wrapped this up.....and that's not what I'm here to do now......

However, as an update, the bug that had my units not go through doors that I expected.......most spectacularly displayed in the Human Wave has been fixed. I ran a bunch of tests on the AAR map this morning ad can confirm that all units entered and exited buildings as expected. I triple checked the buildings in the Human Wave and each time they pathed the way I had intended.