Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - Soviet Side

17 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I would toggle that horison off...it does really not work very well 😎

It’s Berlin in 1945, so not sure what else it could be. From ground level and level 2 It looks good, where I spend most of my time. I expect most of the starting images  from high level views will be to orient you, as is the custom. 

They will also only be seen in Berlin, obviously.

1 hour ago, Hapless said:

Panzerfaust teams for the Soviets? Very nice!

Yeah. They were added fairly recently. I've got a bad case of the sadz that I didn't remember them when purchasing. Without them my only real AT assets are my tanks. I also have 2 47mm AT guns and if I luck into having Sappers close enough to throw some demo charges. Finding a place in the set up area where the AT guns would be useful wasn't easy. Another hindsight is I should have started them limbered and quickly moved them to better spots. Living with a lot of regrets this morning. Hopefully none of them are catastrophic mistakes. They shouldn't be. 

11 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

my only real AT assets are my tanks

Well, depending on how things pan out you might not necessarily need to actually destroy the Panzers. The terrain here is so dense that they need infantry support to avoid being picked off by AT teams (which he won't know you don't have) or simple close assault. If you can clear the enemy pixeltruppen away from sidestreets on a Panzer's flank you might be able to compel him to pull it back simply by creating a threatening situation.

Plus... Sturmovik has 20mm cannons right? Bet the top armour of plenty of German tanks doesn't react too well to those. ;)

I have taken my first casualty.

Deciding to see if I can get some armor in a position to take shots at the spotted German forces I have ordered Comrade Yakimenko to take his M4A2(76)W to the intersection with a view to what are now only sound contacts. On his way there the Germans are using area fire on the building at the end of the street that they are firing down.  The building was empty and we took no causalities.

The Sherman arrives at the end of that street and takes a hit from an unseen force. We have a pretty good idea that it came from one of the previously spotted tanks. This hit took the life of Comrade Yakimenko. It also caused minor damage to the Sherman.

1_23-6.jpg

1_23_1.jpg

It seems that it Ithikiak_AU is moving much more quickly than I am. He has been spotted at Berliner Weisse. I see a truck. Perhaps he has moved these troops mounted to get there so fast. I hesitate to go through areas that are not protected mounted but I suppose, in a meeting engagement like this, it was probably reasonable for him to think it was safe. It looks like 1 truck and 2 tanks. At the very end of the last turn (by very end I mean I couldn’t get a screenshot showing it with 1 second…which is why the screenshot that I used had DONE written in the middle).

1_23_8.jpg

1_23_9.jpg

1_23_10.jpg

Looks like things are heating up fast. The first thing I want to do is pull back Yakimenko’s Sherman. Zarudin now commands the tank and he isn’t nearly the leader that Yakimenko was.

As 4th Company approaches Berliner Weisse it’s time to get 5th Company there as well. I also want to get some armor in that area. As I mentioned above I didn’t feel comfortable moving mounted troops into an unknown area. But I feel confident enough in the area that 4th Company has secured to mount up what I can on half a dozen AFVs and get them moving.

1_23_4.jpg

1_23_2.jpg

Here’s the bigger picture as it is right now.

The SMG Company is in position. I’ve decided that I definitely want to hold them back and maybe get a chance to hurt him with some up close SMG action. The row of buildings that I’ve chosen allows them to fire at close range and not be exposed to tank fire unless he brings some tanks right on top of me. The only thing I’m still debating with them is whether or not to give the hide/covered arc orders or not. I probably will next turn. (SMG Company circled in red)

I’ve circled the AT guns in blue because I didn’t point them out before.

5th Company is circled in green to get a perspective on where they are in relation to everyone else.

1_23-5.jpg

1_23-3.jpg

14 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

I am assembling a lot of screenshots that I'll be putting up today. But first I want to put up one showing what may be my biggest mistake in the game. I did NOT purchase any of these units.......

setup.jpg

I was a bit concerned about the playbalance in QBs with regards to thé russian lack of hand-held AT-weapons...this is a good solution imo 🙂

What range (version) of the panzerfaust will be avaliable to the russians ?

Are they limited to the panzerfaust-teams or can regular riflesquads be equiped with these..?

Is this feature limited to the module timeframe or will they be avaliable during basegame timeframe also  ?

On 5/31/2020 at 5:25 PM, benpark said:

It’s Berlin in 1945, so not sure what else it could be. 

While making screenshots for this AAR i would simply have prefered to have no horizon at all...

It looks a bit wierd to have it floating around in the middle of the sky 🙂

(But i i guess that you are right about it being a problem primarely with certain hights/angles)

13 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Here’s the bigger picture as it is right now.

The SMG Company is in position. I’ve decided that I definitely want to hold them back and maybe get a chance to hurt him with some up close SMG action. The row of buildings that I’ve chosen allows them to fire at close range and not be exposed to tank fire unless he brings some tanks right on top of me. The only thing I’m still debating with them is whether or not to give the hide/covered arc orders or not. I probably will next turn. (SMG Company circled in red)

1_23-5.jpg

Oh.. if that´s still the CMBN-MG type of independent buildings with same cover and damage model, I´d rather avoid these. :o But we´´ll se... 

6 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

While making screenshots for this AAR i would simply have prefered to have no horizon at all...

It looks a bit wierd to have it floating around in the middle of the sky 🙂

(But i i guess that you are right about it being a problem primarely with certain hights/angles)

Based on your feedback I am making an attempt to frame the shots differently when it's possible. 

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Oh.. if that´s still the CMBN-MG type of independent buildings with same cover and damage model, I´d rather avoid these. :o But we´´ll se... 

Man o man do I hope you're wrong about your "love" of these buildings. I've already screwed up 2 very small things....I don't need to add to that.

On 5/30/2020 at 12:03 AM, BFCElvis said:

Those SMG squads are deadly in close but not as effective at longer ranges.

By the way, do SMG squads of rifle companies have machineguns and snipers? That SMG squads should be better at medium ranges.

12 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Are they limited to the panzerfaust-teams or can regular riflesquads be equiped with these..?

Historically all captured German Panzerfausts and Panzerschraks were in service of engineer-assault brigades approx since the winter 1945. Rifle units never used it.

Edited by Haiduk

12 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I was a bit concerned about the playbalance in QBs with regards to thé russian lack of hand-held AT-weapons...this is a good solution imo 🙂

What range (version) of the panzerfaust will be avaliable to the russians ?

Is this feature limited to the module timeframe or will they be avaliable during basegame timeframe also  ?

The are 60m and 100m fausts. Sometimes you get one of each, sometimes 2 60m, sometimes 2 100m. 

Right now they are limited to teams. Could that change? Maybe. 

Before replying I checked and it looks like they are available at all times and in all regions (Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and Germany). They are units added for the module....so they'll only be available with the module.

42 minutes ago, DMS said:

By the way, do SMG squads of rifle companies have machineguns and snipers? That SMG squads should be better at medium ranges.

Snipers, yes. If you mean seperate machine guns above the SMGs, there are no MG units in a SMG platoon in a rifle company.