Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this a bug or what? Four T62 tanks turn up and just sit there waiting to be shot. They didn't do a thing, Syrians the same just sit and they surrender after a couple of shots. Scenario Cain and Abel. It is a beautiful map probably better on Hotseat.silly.jpg

Edited by chuckdyke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

It's a double feature!

Seeing as @Rinaldi is just Bizarro Miller (and vice versa), and after a lot of inspiration from Bil's excellent blog, I've decided to take a plunge into blogging as well. 

https://millerswargamingvault.blogspot.com/2022/03/visualized-in-combat-mission-key-terrain.html

FaekEF4.jpg

ebcGTfp.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the article.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:54 PM, Rinaldi said:

https://rinaldiaars.blogspot.com/2022/03/combat-mission-as-visual-aid-bringing.html

Some of my personal favourites from my latest AAR. Learning to love SF2 again.

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-12%208_43_47%20PM.png

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-13%2010_06_39%20AM.png

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-13%2010_40_36%20AM.png

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-13%202_49_56%20PM.png

CM-Shock-Force-2-2022-03-13-21-04-56.gif

Excellent mate :)

Its truly satisfying to see scenarios played as I envisaged/hoped they might be and brought to ‘life’. 

6 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

It's a double feature!

Seeing as @Rinaldi is just Bizarro Miller (and vice versa), and after a lot of inspiration from Bil's excellent blog, I've decided to take a plunge into blogging as well. 

https://millerswargamingvault.blogspot.com/2022/03/visualized-in-combat-mission-key-terrain.html

FaekEF4.jpg

ebcGTfp.jpg

Wow - my morning just got better. Brilliant stuff, appreciate the kudos :) I'm pleased that the aim of Armour Attacks! - you don't need technological overmatch to win, has been clocked.

Thanks for the time in writing this. useful insights and actually useful info from a design POV.

Oh and a wee question from how did you make that excellent contour topo map? I'm assuming you used screens from the 'elevation' section of the editor?

pps the actual terrain used in this scenario is a RL bit of terrain from Syria.

1 hour ago, George MC said:

Wow - my morning just got better. Brilliant stuff, appreciate the kudos :) I'm pleased that the aim of Armour Attacks! - you don't need technological overmatch to win, has been clocked.

Thanks for the time in writing this. useful insights and actually useful info from a design POV.

Thanks! It was time consuming but fun to do. Plus, I love highlighting fantastic scenarios. Your scenarios always bring out the best Combat Mission has to offer. 

Oh and a wee question from how did you make that excellent contour topo map? I'm assuming you used screens from the 'elevation' section of the editor?

A bit crudely actually. I took screenshots of the map in the scenario editor with the elevation markings toggled on, then stitched the pictures together in photoshop. Wish there was a better way to do that, but then again that would be at the bottom of a very long list of improvements I have for the scenario editor. 

pps the actual terrain used in this scenario is a RL bit of terrain from Syria.

Great to know, thanks!