Shock Force 2 Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Mord

18 minutes ago, IICptMillerII said:

Thanks! It was time consuming but fun to do. Plus, I love highlighting fantastic scenarios. Your scenarios always bring out the best Combat Mission has to offer. 

A bit crudely actually. I took screenshots of the map in the scenario editor with the elevation markings toggled on, then stitched the pictures together in photoshop. Wish there was a better way to do that, but then again that would be at the bottom of a very long list of improvements I have for the scenario editor. 

Great to know, thanks! 

Oh shucks! Thank you :)

159622129_companyattackmap.jpg.0102071cae37354667c1c3f2d9e55d87.jpg

This is the wee slice of Syrian map I used as the terrain template. I had to make some tweaks to allow reasonable framerates and ability to play it! (this was done when you'd get regular OOM crashes when in the editor).

Ah coll - yeah thought was what you had done. It was very effective :) Yup I'm with you having the ability to create an accurate topo map would be prefect for planning. Add my name to the list supporting that facility in game!

Cheery!

11 hours ago, George MC said:

Excellent mate :)

Its truly satisfying to see scenarios played as I envisaged/hoped they might be and brought to ‘life’. 

High praise, as always. Thank you.

17 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

It's a double feature!

Seeing as @Rinaldi is just Bizarro Miller (and vice versa), and after a lot of inspiration from Bil's excellent blog, I've decided to take a plunge into blogging as well. 

https://millerswargamingvault.blogspot.com/2022/03/visualized-in-combat-mission-key-terrain.html

FaekEF4.jpg

ebcGTfp.jpg

Oh God yes. I think at this point we should volunteer to be @George MC's brand ambassador. 

Straight and to the point blog post: there's a reason why you need to hold the shoulders of a valley if you want to clear it. You punished BLUFOR savagely for these basic errors. That's why I love these vignettes: they remind people that just forming up and punching out with the rock n roll formations is not how we did, or do, things. It's how you get men killed and steel burning. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently revisited "Recipe for Disaster", this time from the Syrian side. Wanted to test a hunch I had way back in 2019 when I was playing as the UK defenders. Decided to make a compare-and-contrast AAR of it too. I really like the scenario, it is a tidy little package that knows what it wants to do, and can be played in one sitting even if you're taking your time. 

Some of my favourite screens from both sides of the wire (see what I did there?):

uIPoTDY.png

fEjmqVo.png

bbF9tSI.png

CM-Shock-Force-2-2022-03-27-14-25-30.gif

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-27%202_28_35%20PM.png

CM%20Shock%20Force%202%202022-03-27%202_37_41%20PM.png

If you'd like to read me pounding the podium on the scenario (and why the Javelin deserves your respect, but not your total paralysis): Both sides of the Wire (rinaldiaars.blogspot.com)

Edited by Rinaldi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...