Battle Packs, Vehicle Packs?

39 minutes ago, c3k said:

Wot? There's a difference? One's a breakfast pastry and the other makes you pay half, right? It really gets messed up when you take a Dutch girlfriend to breakfast, "just as friends", in Denmark. Someone's gonna get insulted. 

Yeah both end up insulted, broke, and fat. Don't go there :)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought my choice of framing the subject was a bit more appropriate for the topic at hand :-P

With regards to water management: jusqu'ici tout va bien. If sea levels rise significantly during the next decades we, and Houston, have a problem.

Anyway just fooling around a little, even stoom afblazen after another intense day at work. En de A27 ;)

Edited by Lethaface

On 10/24/2016 at 0:57 PM, Bulletpoint said:

If they do a new game set in modern Afghanistan, I hope they include the Danish forces. Not only because I'm from here myself, but because we are the country that has suffered the heaviest losses there, when compared to the population size.

Denmark, 1 per 177,000 (31 deaths)
Estonia, 1 per 186,000 (7 deaths)
United Kingdom, 1 per 224,000 (272 deaths)
Canada, 1 per 236,000 (140 deaths)
United States, 1 per 302,000 (1017 deaths)
Latvia, 1 per 733,000 (3 deaths)
Netherlands, 1 per 810,000 (21 deaths)

Numbers are from http://www.newyorker.com/news/steve-coll/burden-sharing

+1.  Additional NATO forces like the Danes would make for great Battle Packs.  As would the Finnish for CMRT WW2 Battle Packs too.

40 minutes ago, Muzzleflash1990 said:

Denmark is a pretty small country go for directly, but if they make Netherlands and Germany (like they did for SF), then only small variations for much of the equipment is needed (like the rifles, CV90XX, Leopard 2). The OOB will be quite small since there is only one division.

Please also includes the swedes in such a module ! B) Afghanistan is the biggest commitment Sweden has made since god knows when (pre WW2) when it comes to sending

combat troops (with an actual fighting mission) to a hot-spot. For sure not the largest force in that country but we did have a battalion/ battalion + sized force there for something like 10 years.

Like said...The OOB/TOE would not need to be big...When it comes to the swedish forces...Mech/ mot infantry and a few vehichles ( CV90 (Swedish) and the 'galten' jeep)...I don't quite remember right now if we did ever have any tanks there... If we did those would have been Leopard 2s. A small group of Swedish special forces also served in Afghanistan...

A multination module with 'minors' would be very cool indeed !!

5 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Please also includes the swedes in such a module ! B) Afghanistan is the biggest commitment Sweden has made since god knows when (pre WW2) when it comes to sending

Like said...The OOB/TOE would not need to be big...When it comes to the swedish forces...Mech/ mot infantry and a few vehichles ( CV90 (Swedish) and the 'galten' jeep)...I don't quite remember right now if we did ever have any tanks there... If we did those would have been Leopard 2s. A small group of Swedish special forces also served in Afghanistan...

The dutch army uses the CV90. Cool vehicle. Personally I'm much more interested in the smaller countries, than in France, Australia, UK or US. But yes, there is sales to consider of course.

5 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The dutch army uses the CV90. Cool vehicle.

Yepp !

We did not have the CV90 when i did my basic military training a long time ago but the kids of some of my friends have had exprience with it and they are very happy with it.

Besides regular ammunition it comes with all kinds of 'smart' ammunition like airburst-capability and what not...I belive it ranks pretty high among IFVs.

1 hour ago, RepsolCBR said:

Yepp !

We did not have the CV90 when i did my basic military training a long time ago but the kids of some of my friends have had exprience with it and they are very happy with it.

Besides regular ammunition it comes with all kinds of 'smart' ammunition like airburst-capability and what not...I belive it ranks pretty high among IFVs.

We didn't have it during my time in the army either (we still used horses back then :)), but I still have friends there who love it as much as they love their wife and children. Sort of. It's included in CMSF and in my favorite dutch mission, The Ambush. I must have played that mission a hundred times, just for the CV 90.

12 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Horses? When was that? And is that your actual portrait on your profile? :)

1815. And I must confess that portrait was made last year. :)

But seriously, that portrait is of my hero: Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, Fürst von Wahlstatt, the hero of Waterloo and the man that probably played the most important role in beating Napoleon, not only at Waterloo, but also in the fighting in Germany before 1815.

Just kidding about the horses of course.

Edited by Aragorn2002

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2016 at 5:58 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Regarding CMSF updating... yup, we are very interested in bringing it up to current technical standards.  It is something that I predict will happen, just not a firm idea of when.  What I can say is that if we do it there will be (at least initially) no changes to the settings or the scenarios except (if needed and when possible) for rebalancing needs due to gameplay changes.

Steve

Wonderful, looking forward to this. And if UAVs could be introduced in a second time, would be perfect.

On 12.10.2016 at 5:58 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Regarding CMSF updating... yup, we are very interested in bringing it up to current technical standards.  It is something that I predict will happen, just not a firm idea of when.  What I can say is that if we do it there will be (at least initially) no changes to the settings or the scenarios except (if needed and when possible) for rebalancing needs due to gameplay changes.

Steve

That would be soooo great! This and a NATO expansion for CMBS and I'm happy :)

On 26.10.2016 at 2:42 AM, Erwin said:

The trick will be to guarantee a certain minimum number of sales per new nationality featured.

I would buy almost any (european) national forces pack, even a Luxembourg forces pack :D

Edited by QuiGon

35 minutes ago, IanL said:

Steve has said there are no more modules planned for CMBN.  I don't recall him explicitly saying there will be no more vehicle packs but I have no idea what would go into one.

True the Normandy campaign must be 99% covered now, roll on the new game engine as the next update for CMBN :)