Battle Packs, Vehicle Packs?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/10/2016 at 7:04 PM, John Kettler said:

Hardradi,

Welcome aboard!

Upgrade cost expressed in pub drink equivalents? Why not? You should see the extensive analyses of CM game value vs FPS games and the discourses on hours of entertainment per dollar spent in comparing CM to things like going to the movies, concert tickets, cable TV and a bunch of other options. I think, though, your analytical tool is a real winner. Would celebrate your econometric genius with a drink, but the Sun isn't up yet, never mind being over the yardarm!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thanks John. 

Or three coffees down here in West Oz. I use this technique to try and drag my eighties/nineties pricing mindset into the new millennium.

3 hours ago, Hardradi said:

Thanks John. 

Or three coffees down here in West Oz. I use this technique to try and drag my eighties/nineties pricing mindset into the new millennium.

Oh, you don't want a return to the 1980s pricing mindset!!  In the 1984 I paid $85 USD (equivalent to $197 USD today) + shipping for SSI games that came on a 5.25" floppy with a 10 page manual, a map, and a flimsy cardboard box to contain them.  Now, don't get me wrong... I'd love to have you guys all paying $200 for a game that took us 6 months primarily by one person, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly :)

Steve

3 hours ago, Hardradi said:

Thanks John. 

Another sandgroper. We're slowly taking over the community. :P Three coffees? Try 1x Upgrade or 1x Beer. You can't get a Pint of beer under $10 anywhere.

For what was said earlier about somehow 'legally' porting maps between families, for what it's worth I'll add to the chorus of please considering not removing that idea from the wishlist or features for a future upgrade. Even being able to use a RezExplode type of tool to port over basic terrain tiles, elevations and modular buildings would save map/scenario designers a lot of time. The static front line in places between September and October on the western front and the possibility of (hopefully) further eastern front families, quite a few plausible historical battles over the same ground exist between game families now.

21 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Oh, you don't want a return to the 1980s pricing mindset!!  In the 1984 I paid $85 USD (equivalent to $197 USD today) + shipping for SSI games that came on a 5.25" floppy with a 10 page manual, a map, and a flimsy cardboard box to contain them.  Now, don't get me wrong... I'd love to have you guys all paying $200 for a game that took us 6 months primarily by one person, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly :)

Steve

Id say you got us all strung out more than some of the best dope pushers around so idk. If you read the thread and the clamor for a fulda gap game i think you guys easily.could pull off the higher price. Though not the 6 mnth thing. It wouldnt be up to bfc standard and itd be the last more than 50 for a game outing lol.

23 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

I'd love to have you guys all paying $200 for a game that took us 6 months primarily by one person, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fly :)

Steve

If you guys where to hire one more programmer...What kind of hit would that have on the pricing of your products ?

I know a few people complains about the pricing already but if the cost/product  does not increase massivly  i think that most peolpe would still buy them.

If we where to se a shorter delay between modules or perhaps even more content in each game-engine update i for one would be willing to through some more money your way...

Looking forward to V4.0...The improvements sounds great so far...

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I know a few people complains about the pricing already but if the cost/product  does not increase massivly  i think that most peolpe would still buy them.

If we where to se a shorter delay between modules or perhaps even more content in each game-engine update i for one would be willing to through some more money your way...

Looking forward to V4.0...The improvements sounds great so far...

Agree 100%. I'd be willing to throw significant money their way for more content. Whether it be battle packs, vehicle packs, or more frequent modules. Or even some kinds of special little addon utilities.

Like something that'd give you a bunch more stats after a battle.

Or maybe some kind of 'VCR' addon tool that'd let you string together and watch 3 or 4 (or more) WEGO minutes at a time.

(Yes, I know that the second one, especially, very likely won't ever happen. Just pointing out that many of us would probably pay significant $$ for such a tool. Personally -- and maybe I should be embarrassed to admit this -- as much as I play these games and enjoy analyzing the replays, I'd probably pay $50+ just for a more robust replay tool alone....)

Edited by sttp

On 05/10/2016 at 11:01 PM, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

:lol: On the old Commodore 64 or Atari? or even Vic 20. Those damn disks were very unreliable but a step up from the cartridge..

Edited by Hardradi

On 05/10/2016 at 11:25 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Another sandgroper. We're slowly taking over the community. :P Three coffees? Try 1x Upgrade or 1x Beer. You can't get a Pint of beer under $10 anywhere.

For what was said earlier about somehow 'legally' porting maps between families, for what it's worth I'll add to the chorus of please considering not removing that idea from the wishlist or features for a future upgrade. Even being able to use a RezExplode type of tool to port over basic terrain tiles, elevations and modular buildings would save map/scenario designers a lot of time. The static front line in places between September and October on the western front and the possibility of (hopefully) further eastern front families, quite a few plausible historical battles over the same ground exist between game families now.

More than two West Ozzies? I heard your voice on one of your video's but I thought from the accent you might have been Victorian (no offence either way). Technically I am a cockroach.

9 hours ago, BletchleyGeek said:

Not just that @Scipio, there are ways people can get more involved if wanted

https://www.fig.co

@Battlefront.com have you checked up this? I know you are very old school, I am just giving ideas about how to attract funding...

We've talked about crowd funding for many years now.  There's some distinct disadvantages to it for more-or-less general development.  And generally if one has enough money to make a product without crowd funding then that's the better way to go.  However, there are situations we can imagine using crowd funding for.  Just nothing at the moment.

1 hour ago, Hardradi said:

:lol: On the old Commodore 64 or Atari? or even Vic 20. Those damn disks were very unreliable but a step up from the cartridge..

Atari 800 :D

Steve

On 10/6/2016 at 3:48 PM, RepsolCBR said:

If you guys where to hire one more programmer.  ....  If we where ...

And whilst Steve is forking out the money on more staff. Perhaps you could hire someone to teach you the difference between "where" and "were". Sorry mate, you threw it up I just had to hit it.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

And whilst Steve is forking out the money on more staff. Perhaps you could hire someone to teach you the difference between "where" and "were". Sorry mate, you threw it up I just had to hit it.

No, you didn't. Childish behaviour.

Edited by Aragorn2002

Easy now, I think there was more humor than insult in that.  Plus, you folks who speak English as a 2nd or 3rd language have to give the English a little slack for being attentive to their language.  After all, with all those rainy winters and bad food they have to do something with their time :D

(meant in complete and total jest.  I lived in London for half a year.  Loved every minute of it, except for the food.  Fortunately as a 21 year old at the time I found the high quality beer MORE than made up for it ;))

Steve

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

Easy now, I think there was more humor than insult in that.  Plus, you folks who speak English as a 2nd or 3rd language have to give the English a little slack for being attentive to their language.  After all, with all those rainy winters and bad food they have to do something with their time :D

(meant in complete and total jest.  I lived in London for half a year.  Loved every minute of it, except for the food.  Fortunately as a 21 year old at the time I found the high quality beer MORE than made up for it ;))

Steve

HAHAHA... That was brilliant!   If I maybe be allowed to paraphrase. I threw it up and Steve hit it.