What's wrong with Battlefront Customer Service

This may not be the discussion to voice this but here goes.I won't purchase anything from Battlefront until Customer Service responds to at least one of my three inquiries about a Shock Force game serial problem.I own 90% of their games and will not buy another one until they have the courtesy to respond to a customer who have been with them since the original Combat Mission days.

Grunts,

I'm sorry you're having problems.  We generally respond to requests for help the same day or next, even over weekends for the most part.  Which makes me think you aren't using the Help Desk, which is where we direct people for support needs.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

There's also an email address, but that's less effective.  There are also various outdated ways to get in touch with us that customers sometimes still find despite us not promoting them.  I'm guessing you're using one of those.

Since your particular need requires submitting some personal info to get your code fixed you should use the Help Desk.

Steve

5 hours ago, Grunts said:

This may not be the discussion to voice this but here goes.I won't purchase anything from Battlefront until Customer Service responds to at least one of my three inquiries about a Shock Force game serial problem.I own 90% of their games and will not buy another one until they have the courtesy to respond to a customer who have been with them since the original Combat Mission days.

The one time I needed something from customer service they responded within a few hours. Sometimes BF stuff goes to spam make sure to check there

Yeah theyve always gone above and beyond man. I know how you feel i got rlly pissed once at BF and it turned out it was my fault anyways and I felt like a moron. 

Id recommend using the helpdesk or doing whatever battlefront.com says.. and technically that was battlefront the company replying to your query. ;)

13 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Grunts,

I'm sorry you're having problems.  We generally respond to requests for help the same day or next, even over weekends for the most part.  Which makes me think you aren't using the Help Desk, which is where we direct people for support needs.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

There's also an email address, but that's less effective.  There are also various outdated ways to get in touch with us that customers sometimes still find despite us not promoting them.  I'm guessing you're using one of those.

Since your particular need requires submitting some personal info to get your code fixed you should use the Help Desk.

Steve

I don't really want to be difficult but it appears you are trying to make it sound like it was my fault. I followed the directions for contacting Battlefront @ Customer Service as was directed on the Support Page and followed several directions of possible fixes on the forums. If contacting Customer Service through emails doesn't work efficiently then shouldn't it be removed?

Anyway I submitted a request to the Help Desk. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

Well, any potential shoulder chip aside (cause after all you have been out in the cold for a long time) there was a time when old contact information was still visible on the support page.  Steve knows this and has fixed it. Those of us that try to help out on the forums are not employees but players just like you so our ability to fix things is limited to stuff under player control.  I imagine that Steve was trying to point out the why your request for help fell through the cracks cause you and others might be wondering.  I hope you now have a good customer support experience but remember whom ever you deal with this is their first interaction with you and they absolutely did not intentionally ignore you.  Just saying.

True customer service story that is totally unrelated (but there is a moral there for all of us) (note I am not trying to say you are being rude or that BFC didn't make a mistake just saying that at this point holding on to anger is not particularly helpful if a resolution is what you want): 

At my local pizza place it was busy - like crazy, orders out of order and late and confusion in the waiting area about who has paid and who was waiting. It was bad, but we all just waited and let each other get forward and you know rolled with it.  Until.  One guy moved to the front and demanded to know what was going on and why he had been waiting half an hour with no pizza.  A few others had the same question but hey it is what it is. The clerk asked him for his name - he gave it and then badgered her the whole time she was trying to look up his information first on the computer and then on the paper receipts.  She asked if perhaps the order had been under another name.  He got mad.  After some heated words - from him he gave his phone number but never let her look for more than 5s before demanding his money back.  Which is his right I suppose but he was rude about it from start to finish.  When she handed him his money and apologized again for the problem he told her to F off and stormed out.  The whole room said "Hey!" at the same time.  One guy followed him out into the parking lot an chewed him out for being rude.  We kept an eye on things just in case that go out of hand.  No sooner had the jack ass left the pizza came up - under his wife's name. So that whole time he was steamed that he was not getting faster service than anyone else and he never game the poor girl the chance to figure out what she could do to help him because he gave her the wrong information.

Like I said not the same situation - just saying the resolution would have been better all around if everyone stayed calm and was patient.

2 hours ago, Grunts said:

I don't really want to be difficult but it appears you are trying to make it sound like it was my fault.

Nope, not my intention at all.  Explanation and blame are not the same thing.

I followed the directions for contacting Battlefront @ Customer Service as was directed on the Support Page and followed several directions of possible fixes on the forums. If contacting Customer Service through emails doesn't work efficiently then shouldn't it be removed?

Yup!  And I thought that had been changed.  We reorganized our emails about a month ago and it's been a bugger and a half tracking down all the places the old addresses were scattered around over the previous 10 years.  It's also why we're moving to a brand new website.  The old one is a major PITA to deal with.

I found yet more places to change and, while in the process, got myself banned by our anti-hacker firewall.  I'm not at home and it seems the network I'm on is not necessarily a happy one.  I'll finish editing the options in a few days.

Anyway I submitted a request to the Help Desk. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks

Thanks!

Steve

Hold on, just got back from work, long day...read through this quick....BFC now makes pizza!...alright, great! When will it be released from the oven?

Steve once took care of an issue over the weekend for me with several e-mails.

Now BFC's John "Elvis" Costello is working a crashed game issue and responded the same day I submitted the issue to the help desk.

Would be nice if people would consistently come back to the threads they start while being upset about a problem and let the world know their concerns were satisfactorily dealt with.  I'll just add that I have also contacted the help desk numerous times and been consistently impressed with the level of personal and immediate attention provided.  

Thanks for all those shock force re-activations!  I've probably got to make some more requests in the near future to get all my CM games up and running again, but I'm not sure because the system has gotten so much more user friendly over the years.   And Shock Force 2 might come out before I ever really get the need for CMSF1, CMBS has so much modern war satisfaction for me.

Edited by cool breeze