CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that guys - there seemed to be very little feedback, I was just wondering if everyone was off playing Xcom2 and/or arguing on the CMBS board... ;)

Aside from reading these AAR's, I think that's a fair summary of the board member's activities.... Is there anyway of 'ignoring' an entire (BS argument) thread???  :lol:

PS keep up the great report @Baneman.

Edited by gnarly

Just to let you know that I'm running a bit behind - no new pics or report until tonight ( now + 8 hours ).

Sorry, but it can take a while which sometimes you just can't find.

Thanks for the feedback, it was just a moment of doubt seeing 2 pages with only about 2 posts that weren't mine.
I am, though, hoping that Ken's men are beginning to similarly doubt his leadership... :lol:

Teaser : as has been the case so far in this battle, the next turn sees the pendulum swing viciously back Ken's way :wacko:

"Gruber's hit ! Gruber's hit !" :o

Edited by Baneman

Just to let you know that I'm running a bit behind - no new pics or report until tonight ( now + 8 hours ).

Sorry, but it can take a while which sometimes you just can't find.

Thanks for the feedback, it was just a moment of doubt seeing 2 pages with only about 2 posts that weren't mine.
I am, though, hoping that Ken's men are beginning to similarly doubt his leadership... :lol:

Teaser : as has been the case so far in this battle, the next turn sees the pendulum swing viciously back Ken's way :wacko:

"Gruber's hit ! Gruber's hit !" :o

Does that mean you've exhausted all the 222s?

Add me to the list of lurkers enjoying the show.  I only saw this AAR yesterday and have been racing to catch up.  

My only comment is that the smoke seems wasted.  I would have tried to hide the mortars some place in overwatch and used them for direct fire in to the cemetary and/or trees outside of town.  I never can figure out LOS in AArs so I am not sure if this would have been possible.

My only comment is that the smoke seems wasted.  I would have tried to hide the mortars some place in overwatch and used them for direct fire in to the cemetary and/or trees outside of town.  I never can figure out LOS in AArs so I am not sure if this would have been possible.

Fear not, due to events shortly to be shown, the mortars are moving up to do just that :)

Ok, here goes.

As seen at the end of the last turn, the M8 on the hill was hit by both the Drilling and the "New Lynx" in the Nameless Woods.
Despite this, it gets off another shot :( Naturally in these cases where a perfectly good "kill" turns out not to be :angry: ( it took full and partial penetrations from the Drilling and a good penetration from the Lynx fire ), it KO's the Drilling. It then takes a casualty and another penetration from the Lynx and ... backs away out of sight ! :blink: Maddening.
Plus, we haven't seen the last of him :(:(

CMFB 080 m8.jpg

CMFB 080 Drilling.jpg

Midway through the turn, whilst area firing on the cemetery, Lt Gruber is hit ... from the trees where the Zombie M8 continues to lurk.
Fortunately, everyone gets out. Lt Gruber is, however, dishevelled :o

CMFB 080 gruber.jpg

Edited by Baneman

Up in the Nameless Woods, more infantry are seen running away from my area fire ( all vehicles shown are firing to some extent on that hedgeline ).
White arrow shows the path of the Bazooka-wielding runner from last turn. I expect Ken may try to get some more men up the road on the right ( green arrow ). Accordingly, that corner, along with the position of Danger Man ( as far as we know, the only Americans actually across the hedge ) will receive extra fire next turn.

CMFB 080 nameless woods.jpg

This composite shot shows how the houses on the end of the row are being hosed down by what must be another quad-50 Halftrack.
In the centre, next to the cemetery, 2 M8's boldly push forward. The one on the left KO's Sumbrunn's Halftrack, but with the luck of the drunk, he is not scratched ( at the end of the turn, this M8 receives fire from the 234/1 Platoon HQ and is KO'd ). The other however ... :(

CMFB 080 town.jpg

With the demise of the Company HQ ( to the canister :angry: ), the mortar mission is scrubbed ( one spotting round was fired ). Thus, I am now moving both up into Direct Fire positions.
The one on the left will try to get into position to see into the cemetery which the Americans appear to be continuing to reinforce - its route should leave its left flank covered by a rise in the ground. The one on the right will move up the road to the Batt HQ's vehicle where the mortar will disembark and set up in the lee of the house - they should have LoS to the Nameless Wood which should help matters there.

CMFB 080 mortars.jpg

Is there anyway of 'ignoring' an entire (BS argument) thread???  :lol:

What!? You did not find the tete-a-tete on the proper construction of thesis statements entertaining? :o Writing it was a thrill a minute. Honest.

Cheers for that guys - there seemed to be very little feedback, I was just wondering if everyone was off playing Xcom2 and/or arguing on the CMBS board... ;)

Been lurking the whole time. These AARs are like the ancient battles in Hollywood movies where the combatants charge at each other screaming then hack at each other for a while. Fun to watch but not much to analyze ;)

Been lurking the whole time. These AARs are like the ancient battles in Hollywood movies where the combatants charge at each other screaming then hack at each other for a while. Fun to watch but not much to analyze ;)

+1, still standing at the sideline watching and enjoying it. Go Baneman, go!

At least you got the nicer vehicles. Thanks to MikeyD, great work. :wub:

The loss of a company HQ is going to hurt, this is one thing that really hurts morale and command and control. Nasty and pretty at same time screen shot.

Yeah, they were meant to stay behind the house ( next to the 2 burning halftracks ), but when the first was hit, they ran to their position. That gap has been too dangerous to run them back. I should have crawled them closer to the house on their right, but I forgot about them :wacko:

These AARs are like the ancient battles in Hollywood movies where the combatants charge at each other screaming then hack at each other for a while. Fun to watch but not much to analyze ;)

Yeh, certainly this one, there's not a lot of subtlety on show. At least that solves the loss of the Company HQ command and control problem - there never was any :lol:

Ok, here goes.

As seen at the end of the last turn, the M8 on the hill was hit by both the Drilling and the "New Lynx" in the Nameless Woods.
Despite this, it gets off another shot :( Naturally in these cases where a perfectly good "kill" turns out not to be :angry: ( it took full and partial penetrations from the Drilling and a good penetration from the Lynx fire ), it KO's the Drilling. It then takes a casualty and another penetration from the Lynx and ... backs away out of sight ! :blink: Maddening.

Maddening indeed! One of those insane moments you read about in books and think good lord, those guys were lucky!