CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. There was a guy on the forums who did a bunch of pics. This was one titled "where is he?" which always tickled me ( so often while flying online...  :lol: ).

I asked him if I could use it and he said he didn't mind. Must be more than 10 years now I've used it :)

That's cool. I thought it was from some comic. :) He did a good job!

Gah !
I just realised I left out everything that happened up in the Nameless Wood.

In summary - all the men who could, plus the transport halftracks just outside the wood, plus the Lynx and the 251/17 laid down as much area-fire as possible ( not forgetting Obersoldat Sumbrunn's contribution )
While it all had to be aimed at the hedge on this side of the road, the hedges are not bocage and a lot of the automatic fire passed through and across the road.

It must have had some effect as at least a couple of Americans were seen running back away from the hedge. One had a bazooka too.
Bazooka-Man must have been my enemy's plan, as he took two pops at the Lynx - one shot was ludicrously high, detonating in the treetops  ( must have jerked the barrel from a nearby incoming round ) and the other (fortunately) hit a tree.

Unfortunately, despite massive numbers of bullets flying around them, both Bazooka-Man and a friend got away.

More of the same for this corner of the battle. The sole survivor of the Recon team that took the canister has aided the MG42 off his buddy and is asked to run up to the hedge to gain a look down the road ( the suppressing fire should enable him to get there ) - anyone hiding behind the hedge should be exposed.

PS: Uh... is anyone still reading this ?

Edited by Baneman

That's really cool! I've never seen one of those before.

M15 HT, predates the M16 quad.

I think its twin .50 cals are pretty much used as ranging mgs for that 37mm gun. I recall a story from North Africa where a big Stuka attack on American forces was staying above the .50 AA cal tracer fire when they were surprised to get 37mm streaking beyond the .50 cal and reaching their altitude. Pretty much ended the reign of the Stuka in NA.

M15 HT, predates the M16 quad.

I think its twin .50 cals are pretty much used as ranging mgs for that 37mm gun. I recall a story from North Africa where a big Stuka attack on American forces was staying above the .50 AA cal tracer fire when they were surprised to get 37mm streaking beyond the .50 cal and reaching their altitude. Pretty much ended the reign of the Stuka in NA.

Isn't the .50 cal mounted on the AA halftrack different than say  the .50's on a Sherman?

Edited by Raptorx7