CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

These AARs are like the ancient battles in Hollywood movies where the combatants charge at each other screaming then hack at each other for a while. Fun to watch but not much to analyze ;)

Reminds me of when two small children get in a fight. Much windmilling of arms and swats landed, but not much damage done, fortunately.

:rolleyes:

Michael

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked like the M8 'right turret' penetration was actually to the above-turret MG ring?

Yes, it does look like that. I wonder if the vehicle commander could have been aced or at least wounded.

Michael

The casualty was taken just before that last hit ( yes, it does look high ), so probably as a continuation of the Lynx fire from the end of the last turn.

I don't know which crewman was hit, but it was one of the 2 in the turret ( zooming into the vehicle I saw one of the front 2 guys relocate to the turret ).
Didn't affect them enough though
:angry:

Good news, everyone ! :)

After the unpleasant previous turn which saw the Drilling fall to a gamey not-quite-dead M8 :rolleyes: ... ...
Things improved a bit.
The area-fire with which we saturated the area of the Canister-M8 caused it to back away. The AC platoon HQ then saw it. Even the Battalion HQ got in on the act, finishing off a crewman from the first M8.

CMFB 090 21.jpg

CMFB 090 22.jpg

CMFB 090 23.jpg

Phew. The smoke they both popped may also help me in the long run as it screens the village from that gap.

Up on the left, in the Nameless Woods, our brave recon soldier reaches the hedge and can see that the area-fire has eliminated Danger-Man ( or Men, since two bodies can be seen ).

CMFB 090 1.jpg

A close up of the crew reveals expressions of stark terror ! :huh: Probably more due to having c3k as CinC than from any aspect of the battle.
There are only 3 men in this M8, so I strongly suspect this is the Zombie-M8. If so, hopefully we can avenge Lt. Gruber's cravat !

CMFB 090 5.jpg

Finally, the quad-50 HT that was hosing down the village houses manages to spot my 231 :(
One casualty and the crew has panicked - it is unlikely to get away :( 
More area fire is planned for the suspected location of this horror, but it will probably move soon, so all that area fire will be 15s only.

CMFB 090 25.jpg

A close up of the crew reveals expressions of stark terror ! :huh: Probably more due to having c3k as CinC than from any aspect of the battle.
There are only 3 men in this M8, so I strongly suspect this is the Zombie-M8. If so, hopefully we can avenge Lt. Gruber's cravat !

CMFB 090 5.jpg

The guy on the right never got the memo on shoe polish for his zipper. He will obviously aid the enemy with the reflection.

Good news, everyone ! :)

After the unpleasant previous turn which saw the Drilling fall to a gamey not-quite-dead M8 :rolleyes: ... ...
Things improved a bit.
The area-fire with which we saturated the area of the Canister-M8 caused it to back away. The AC platoon HQ then saw it. Even the Battalion HQ got in on the act, finishing off a crewman from the first M8.

CMFB 090 21.jpg

CMFB 090 22.jpg

CMFB 090 23.jpg

Ah, now that is satisfying!! :)

Brief update - after confusing myself by discovering the Recon Company HQ alive and well :blink: I recheck and find that the victims of the canister were, in fact, 1 Platoon HQ.
This is not such a heavy blow, since half of the platoon have fallen and the other half are out of contact anyway.

:( Update :(

Zombie-M8 got away again ! :o :angry:
Even though the New Lynx gunner was "Firing" at the end of the last turn, he lost LoS milliseconds later and ... didn't fire ! :( :angry: :wacko: Argh ! Grrrrr !
If that vehicle causes any more damage, he will be up on a charge. ( I wish there was a lost-los delay ie. if you lose LoS as you're firing, fire anyway, it can't have moved more than 30cm or so ).

Up in the Nameless Woods, there was much American running-away. Many didn't make it :)

Edited by Baneman

Brief update - after confusing myself by discovering the Recon Company HQ alive and well :blink: I recheck and find that the victims of the canister were, in fact, 1 Platoon HQ.
This is not such a heavy blow, since half of the platoon have fallen and the other half are out of contact anyway.

:( Update :(

Zombie-M8 got away again ! :o :angry:
Even though the New Lynx gunner was "Firing" at the end of the last turn, he lost LoS milliseconds later and ... didn't fire ! :( :angry: :wacko: Argh ! Grrrrr !
If that vehicle causes any more damage, he will be up on a charge. ( I wish there was a lost-los delay ie. if you lose LoS as you're firing, fire anyway, it can't have moved more than 30cm or so ).

Up in the Nameless Woods, there was much American running-away. Many didn't make it :)

it's great you appear to have control of the woods. I was worried they might flank you based on what you were seeing. Lots (?) of bazooka teams, IIRC. 

You sent something on your right forward early on, what's happened to those units? Aren't there woods that way too? 

it's great you appear to have control of the woods. I was worried they might flank you based on what you were seeing. Lots (?) of bazooka teams, IIRC. 

Yes, there were quite a few. At least one bazooka-wielding maniac was killed this last ( not shown yet ) turn.

The good thing really is that although he clearly decided he needed to pull back, my guys followed up closely enough so that he lost a good few (more) men doing it. Hopefully that will leave them even more fragile than they are.

That doesn't mean he isn't still trying - I think there was still a bazooka-wielder seen trying to flank - possibly from an as-yet uncommitted squad.

You sent something on your right forward early on, what's happened to those units? Aren't there woods that way too? 

Yeah, that flank has been a bit of a quiet zone - until recently.

These are the few reports on that area :

Typical c3k, using evil science to try and tip the balance.  Zombie-M8 needs to DIE!!!  Looks like only headshots will do it. 

If Ken is using zombies to crew his AFVs (wonder how much that costs when choosing abilities in QB?) then you should bring in Alice the zombie killer

Yes, it's strange how this hasn't come up much in the discussions of the "Soft" factors.

Probably because it costs quite a few points to get Zombies and then they don't take orders well. :lol:

"What's that ?"
"only for the Beta testers' special Wolfenstein and surrounds maps ?"
"Ah, right."
"What do you mean, we mustn't tell anyone about those ? I already ... oh well, no one is paying attention ... " :P

News from the Front !

As mentioned previously, the Nameless Wood was filled with the sound of running feet. Ours, to the hedge, theirs, away.
Many do not make it. ( the halftrack at top left was responsible for at least one of my own casualties as I closed up to the hedge. )

CMFB 090 nameless.jpg

The group middle-left were all mown down by a burst of 20mm from the 251/17 - it was ugly.

CMFB 090 1.jpg

Edited by Baneman