CMFB Bonus Beta AAR ( Axis )

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm back.

Sorry about that, was feeling pretty grim.
Only the thought of my imminent victory kept me from despair.

New news soon ( with pictures ! )
Hopefully I can then polish off the few pathetic remnants of Ken's troops.

Question for the ages : Why are "pathetic remnants" always harder to polish off than the main force ?" :lol:
( answers that attempt to imply that the forces for the "polishing off" are no better than pathetic remnants themselves will not be accepted. There is no room for defeatism. )

Could it be that fear has a bigger survival-effect than anticipated?

Troops in a "main force" probably feel confident and supported; fear is less available and/or easier suppressed. When things go bad, fear levels will rise and as a consequence behaviour changes. "The fight or flight" response increases, which can result in:

-  troops trying to hide quicker and shoot less, so they're more difficult to spot/find.

- more fanaticism when troops HAVE TO fight. Some men will surrender, but others will literally fight till their death. They wouldn't do that when they were still part of the coherent confident "main force".

At least, my two cents.. 

Edited by Seedorf81
always one (or more) mistakes...

• 2 weeks later...

It's ALIVE ! :ph34r:

Sorry about the looong delay guys, especially the false starts, but things have now improved "properly".

Later today I should be posting the screens from the last turn sent to c3k and sending him a new turn. I hope there's still someone out there with a passing interest in this :unsure:

I was going to explain the reason for my absence in detail, but when I told Ken, he screamed "TMI" like a little girl ( who knew he had such a high note in him ? :lol:), so perhaps it's better not :wacko:

Watch this space about 8 hours from now :)

Righto gents, here is information, in glorious technicolour no less.
Note that the turn for these pictures had already been sent to my opponent before I became indisposed. This means that another turn's worth of pics is already extant. I shall endeavour to get those posted as soon as possible too - hopefully before Ken gleefully returns tonight's turn.

You may remember that the last turn ended with the schreck projectile in flight and I already gave away the result - here you can see it hit just underneath the Halftrack, but injures both the crew.

CMFB 095 2.jpg

My 234/1 in the town was firing towards the distant hill at yet another M8. It was reversing away and popping smoke too. Nevertheless, it saw fit to lob some HE at my schreck team in the tall house ( the halftrack above must have had some cherished protégé in it )

CMFB 095 13.jpg

The delay proves fatal...

CMFB 095 11.jpg

CMFB 095 15.jpg

The smoke it popped then obscures the burning hulk. Too late.

Edited by Baneman

In town, my pinned and terrified flamethrower team are eliminated by another strong American push :(

More of them are running up behind the team's original building, although these are being engaged by my Sturmgrenadiers at the end of the row. Despite the high rate of fire of the MP44's and the close range, only one American is seen to be hit.
Note the yellow X - that is where my mortar is supposed to be landing, if they can ever dial the range in correctly.

CMFB 095 8.jpg