New Repository and Opponent Finder Announcement

Bootie

Hi Guys

Im sure you have read the recent announcement regarding The Few Good Men, The Scenario Depot III, The Proving Grounds II and CMMODS III. 

The sites are all live but the links provided have a little HTML error I believe so below are the links to the actual sites until staff here can update them.

The Proving Grounds II

The Scenario Depot III

CMMODS III

The Few Good Men

If you have any queries about any of the sites please drop me a PM and I will assist.

In closing I'd like to thank Badger73, Umlaut, Ithikial, Kevinkin, Das Tiger and PhilM on behalf of GreenasJade and me in all the help transferring 95% of the modifications from the old CMMODSII to the new site.  It certainly was not an easy job and only a limited number of files did not make the transfer (if you had a file up that is missing please get in touch with GreenasJade - or re-upload it to the new site).  As mentioned previously CMMODSII will still exist but will in the near future only cater for CMX1 mods.  Whereas, the new CMMODSIII will now cater for all flavours of CMX2 including the Afghanistan game.  Happy downloading/uploading.  :)

Bootie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@rocketman at present no sign up is needed at all to upload.... this is v1.0 of the sites (well probably v10.0 if you take into account the amount of work and changes we have already made) and it will be getting upgraded as we go along.  Feel free to join up at the Few Good Men if you like... always good to see new members.

Little update on the sites.

We are aware the lack of user control over content is an issue but unfortunately due to the set up it requires access to the administration area to make and display the posts etc for folk to download.  This issue has been raised but all I can say is that to add this feature is unfeasible and you guys are going to have to trust GreenasJade (CMMODS) and myself Bootie (TPGII and TSDIII) to deal with the content you submit.  Any updates you require to do etc can be easily sorted by a simple email to either of us.  On the scenario sites you can use the edit file function which advises me of the file you wish to edit and what needs changed.  I will add that functionality to CMMODS III in the coming days.

The categories section has been updated to now have a drop down list as opposed to a wall of text on the right.  At present I have implemented it on the scenario sites and am just about to go and start work on CMMODSIII to have that available,  The Category Jump List is more economical with space.  Categories with no posts in them yet are not displayed - once they get a post attached they will then show up.  Sounds more confusing than it is to be honest... LOL.  Thanks to @IanL for the idea

I will keep you guys abreast of changes within the sites on this thread and please be aware... it is a continual work in progress.  :) 

Edited by Bootie