Beyond Gustav Line

Us long-term, inveterate denizens of this place are expecting another expansion to take Italy to the end of hostilities in the peninsula. The general term used to refer to is is "Gothic Line", but I kinda think that can't be the real name, cos the abbreviation is already used for Gustav Line...

Us long-term, inveterate denizens of this place are expecting another expansion to take Italy to the end of hostilities in the peninsula.

Bingo. ;)

The current plan is to expand CMFI's timeline all the way to the end of the war with one more module. Along with the usual TO&E and equipment updates, new unit types (such as Gebirgsjäger) and nationalities will be added (think South Africa, French Expeditionary Corps, and the like).

Sounds great!  I am working on 2 scenarios dealing with the 11th South African Armored Brigade moving through the Chianti mountains towards Florence. It will either be 2 separate scenarios or a small campaign. Both Rocketman and BobWillett have expressed interest in play testing it. The first will be ready for that in the next week or so. Can't wait to see if my TOE is close to what Battlefront staff comes up with.

Thanks for all the info.

How about everything before FI?  :wub:

Well, that will be, if it is ever produced, not  a module for FI. It'll be a new Family. Or several families. If they do 'em. There's not been much said about what BFC have planned apart from Bulge, Gothic Line, Red Thunder and Black Sea modules, Bulge modules. The best I think we can say is that there is an intention to push the Ostfront back a year at a time with a Family per year, and some optimism that there will be a re-engineering of Shock Force (as a new product; SF itself isn't amenable to upgrades). Nothing at all definite has been said about North Africa/early Med stuff, just a softening of the absolute refusal to revisit the desert.

There are no plans to extend CMFI's timeline backwards to include North Africa. If such a theater were to be done, it would most likely be a separate release covering all of NA.

Hi Chris. Since you seem to be the only one who is still communicating at this forum regarding the future of CM, I would like to ask you to give us an updated 'road ahead' for the coming year or so. Especially some news about the next CMRT module would be very welcome.

Edited by Aragorn2002

There are no plans to extend CMFI's timeline backwards to include North Africa. If such a theater were to be done, it would most likely be a separate release covering all of NA.

I'm aware it would be a separate family, just wondering if NA was on the big white board of planning at BFC.  Guess it's not,...yet.

Hi Chris. Since you seem to be the only one who is still communicating at this forum regarding the future of CM, I would like to ask you to give us an updated 'road ahead' for the coming year or so. Especially some news about the next CMRT module would be very welcome.

Hopefully I can do that soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...