Beyond Gustav Line

8 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Absolutely no knowledge of the inner workings of BF, but I assume this time around having to handle a CM Upgrade for a five families of games takes a bit of manpower and coffee [snip]

My thinking as well. Consider the new feature of AI area fire. I suppose it takes a lot of testing so it works right and if not, it might break the game. The AI has to know when to area fire, on what spots, for what duration before switching to direct target, when to fire and risk giving their position away, not too much area fire to deplete ammo too much, area fire for different weapons/units and so on. On top of that I assume this differs a lot from WWII titles and modern. This alone seems like a lot of work. And then there is a ton of other stuff too.

The only concern I have is that Chris has been awfully quiet, I can only recall a few posts since summer and he used to post frequently. And his Twitch broadcast got cancelled. I really hope he hasn't burned out or something.

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

We're just getting impatient and irritable as always in this time of the year.

LOL my wife's kinder-gardeners are getting impatient and restless. The staff are too. I'm sure Steve thinks I am being irritable and impatient too :D

6 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I honestly think you are all panicking. Anyway, if BFC is seriously struggling with a problem, it is one that they will have to sort out in their own way in their own time. While recognizing your good intentions, they might also resent any implication that they are not up to the job of solving their own problems. If there is anything they need for us to do, I am confident that they will inform us and there is no point in getting worked up about it before that happens. Relax, play the game and have a nice Xmas.

Wise words that come from experience. No one could possibly be done playing all the content out there. If you are board look here and find something new to play: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/index.html

:)

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

My thinking as well. Consider the new feature of AI area fire. I suppose it takes a lot of testing so it works right and if not, it might break the game. The AI has to know when to area fire, on what spots, for what duration before switching to direct target, when to fire and risk giving their position away, not too much area fire to deplete ammo too much, area fire for different weapons/units and so on. On top of that I assume this differs a lot from WWII titles and modern. This alone seems like a lot of work. And then there is a ton of other stuff too.

To control expectations, note that "AI area" fire is not TacAI area fire but a scripting tool for scenario designers. The "when" and "what spots" is handled by the designer, not the AI. However, it does involve some TacAI decision making (switching from scripted area fire to opportunity targets).

Edited by akd

Upgrade 4.0 for Italy is here!
Friday, 23 December 2016
Due to some technical issues on our end, Fortress Italy sales are on holiday until mid January! This gives us the time needed to properly to finish transitioning the code for this fine product to Game Engine 4.  For those of you who are currently using the orignal (Game Engine 2) version of the game, Upgrade 3 remains available for sale at the new discounted price of $5.  Upgrade now and be all set when Upgrade 4 is released.

Last Updated ( Friday, 23 December 2016 )

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=294&Itemid=505

Edited by Blazing 88's

As much as I appreciate this, (which is alot) I was kinda hoping for an Italy bone to salivate over for a while, maybe an image of that stug IV that was mentioned last year, but oh well, I have some new editor commands to figure out now.

Edited by Cobetco

11 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

But it is now. After tonight there should be some bones left...:)

I really would like to hear what we can expect in the coming year.

Totally agree with you, I wished more deep info about next modules but, at least, Steve said that BF's boys will release modules for 4 families in 2017. It is the same info that in 2016, but I'm sure that  we will have new modules now, they have been working on it for one long year.

Nope, no bone yet. The boys at BFC have been working overtime to get the upgrade out in time for Christmas and then addressing problems with it, and have had no time to put together a bone. They are also entitled to a bit of a holiday too, you know. (But they better be hard at work by Tuesday! ;))

Michael

On 31/12/2016 at 11:21 PM, weapon2010 said:

I thought Steve had alluded to a New year bone from Chris, possibly tomorrow or shortly there after.

Great!!! Really I'd like to have some news about the modules which are in the pipeline for 2017 and, specially, on the next FI module, but where did Steve say that?