So now you guys are sitting around with nothing to do...

How about putting those new French armour models into a CM Blitzkrieg game? I mean you've got a lot of the French armour done, some of the Brit and German stuff. Don't need to do much terrain as that's already done too.

How hard could it be??

;)

Here's hoping for one day it comes true.

-Fenris

I'm with you on that. Imagine the terror your opponent would have when your Char b1 bis screeches and rattles aound the bend, walloping them with the dread 37 or stubby 75!

Lulz. You forgot to include "crawls" in the description of the Char's movement. They so slow gerry should have plenty of time to reposition should one turn up :D Same for the R35 for that matter!

Still, would be <cough> kinda fun <cough> trying to deal with them with only PaK38's, PzII's and III's I reckon.

-F

I think I remember that in one of the Close Combat games, you controlled a German unit throughout the entire war, starting with a walkover in the early missions, then meeting resistance in Russia, turning more and more dire as your replenishments between missions started to dry up too.

Every tank that broke down or was destroyed was a big loss and those losses just kept increasing.. The final mission was set in Berlin.

Not to rain on the parade as I would love France 1940 too but we have Black Sea Family, Bulge, 3 more years of Ostfront Families, Shockforce Two and I think a North Africa Family more likely than France 1940. By that time it will be 2022 and Steve and Charles will be close to retirement age. I just think unless a third party does it it will never happen.

Also Steve once said they could not combine France '40 with Poland '39 as there were too many differences.

Not to rain on the parade as I would love France 1940 too but we have Black Sea Family, Bulge, 3 more years of Ostfront Families, Shockforce Two and I think a North Africa Family more likely than France 1940. By that time it will be 2022 and Steve and Charles will be close to retirement age. I just think unless a third party does it it will never happen.

Also Steve once said they could not combine France '40 with Poland '39 as there were too many differences.

Yeah, but I still think France 1940 would be more interesting than Bulge ( for eg. ).

From my point of view, 1944 onwards is much the same, but the early war is rife with tactical conundrums and obscure vehicles leading to same.

But that's just me - I can also understand BFC's approach which utilises half ( or so ) of the previous work.

Yeah, but I still think France 1940 would be more interesting than Bulge ( for eg. ).

From my point of view, 1944 onwards is much the same, but the early war is rife with tactical conundrums and obscure vehicles leading to same.

But that's just me - I can also understand BFC's approach which utilises half ( or so ) of the previous work.

I agree with this 100% not to say i wont buy a Bulge game i love snowy battlefields, but i would much rather see Early war than another game set in 44 unless it was the continuation war

The bulge should be interesting, in terms of the winter conditions and there is a lot of detail about the battles so there should be some good campaigns for it too.

For me when we were spoilt for choice with CNBB, while i was curious to see the poor weapons and formations in 41, it was 43+ that was of real interest with all the great tanks etc.