Are these screenshots normal?

Are these screenshots normal behavior?

This is from the second tutorial, right at the start when you are placing your units and giving first orders. Is it supposed to be this red at the start?

21dSorW.jpg

And, this is some boxy shadows in the same scenario, as I zoom into the trees on the hill. As I zoom, the edges of these shadows shimmer and rotate around like flashing lights:

pasQdde.jpg

About the boxy shadows. Something *unfortunate* apparently happened during game compilation for the installer. Up until a week ago the shading for the game was spectacular! Before release I had joked "I wonder what entirely unexpected glitch is going to pop up after release?" I think we have a winner. Expect a patch or hotfix ro something soon, and expected very much nicer shading.

About the boxy shadows. Something *unfortunate* apparently happened during game compilation for the installer. Up until a week ago the shading for the game was spectacular! Before release I had joked "I wonder what entirely unexpected glitch is going to pop up after release?" I think we have a winner. Expect a patch or hotfix ro something soon, and expected very much nicer shading.

Nope. I got your winner. Go check out the thread.

Something less saturated would be good. As it is, it is very hard to see where a unit is going to go while you are setting up because you can't see the normal cue on the AS. So instead of going where you thought it was going to go, it snaps to an adjacent AS and you have to start all over again.

Michael

I think just showing the borders would be ideal. Especially for the defender who needs to have a very good idea of the lie of the land, which the setup zone marking, even when working correctly, obscures. A nice solid border, shading rapidly (a centimetre or so on-screen - that could be an absolute measurement at all view levels, even, maybe) to complete transparency. Same with CAs and VLs.

I think just showing the borders would be ideal. Especially for the defender who needs to have a very good idea of the lie of the land, which the setup zone marking, even when working correctly, obscures. A nice solid border, shading rapidly (a centimetre or so on-screen - that could be an absolute measurement at all view levels, even, maybe) to complete transparency. Same with CAs and VLs.

This has my vote!

I would also like a similar form of boundary to appear when clicking on a TRP - currently it is quite a pan to plan artillery strikes.

On the other hand, I can hardly see the objective areas. Only by repeatedly toggling Alt-J I can see the difference between forest floor and objective green.

Yes, that one is very hard to notice. I'm playing through the training campaign right now, and the objective zones are very hard to notice on the second mission.

The darker setup zones are a much needed improvement. Some of you may not be aware, but the color of the setup zones change depending upon the time of day. At least that's how they work in CMBN and CMFI. In many cases, the setup zones can be nearly invisible when the scenario time is set to noon.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this shader hotfix/patch get released yet? If so, where can I find it, please? If not, is there an ETA for fixing the shadows?

Did this shader hotfix/patch get released yet? If so, where can I find it, please? If not, is there an ETA for fixing the shadows?

From yesterday- the thread is in the tech support section if you want to follow it

Yes, I was mistaken. The correct shaders were released, but there's a bug with them, which I'm working on.

The implementation of tree shadows hasn't changed since CMBN MG. Have you switched video cards / computers since then?