Whoa - it's out?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't get all "refresh-happy" about any imminent release. BF uploading the manual for public consumption is usually the best sign that release is not too far off. That hasn't occurred yet.

Further, if you view ChrisND's weekly videos then you can see that work still remains. Although last week's videos had an encouraging sign with CMRT now having its own menu screens, the music is still from CMFI and there were other indications that the game is still very much a beta.

Further, if you view ChrisND's weekly videos then you can see that work still remains. Although last week's videos had an encouraging sign with CMRT now having its own menu screens, the music is still from CMFI and there were other indications that the game is still very much a beta.

What he said.

At BFC home page click My Account.

Click View for the recent CMRT purchase.

Click Download.

If it says "You are attempting to download a pre-order that has not been released" please try again.

Ha they ought to have it say "bah, not yet you bug ridden refresh monkey. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-uh."

Yikes! They are still not done with the art?

Easy there, Trigger! That is just an unsubstantiated rumor. Nobody at BFC has even alluded to such a thing. It is quite possible though that some unexpected glitch has turned up that is proving stubborn. My favorite fantasy is that they thought of a new feature that they decided to include but trying to get it to play nice with the rest of the code has proven more problematical than they thought it would be. Like I said, just a fantasy...

Michael

Poster comments during past releases have shown that a fair number of people imagine the final weeks before game release BFC's got a finished product on their desk and they spend their remaining time placidly doing paperwork. No, its closer to cleaning the house before houseguests arrive. You run around like crazy trying to do everything at once and that last sock doesn't get picked up off the floor until the doorbell rings. :D

Oh, believe me, I know how insane and endless the last days, weeks, even months of crunch time finalizing a product are. I worked at Electronic Arts for 14 years, many of those working on the Jane's product line. I completely respect what BFC are going through. I should have not jumped to that conclusion. But, my lack of patience says otherwise.

Ship the pig!

Oh, believe me, I know how insane and endless the last days, weeks, even months of crunch time finalizing a product are. I worked at Electronic Arts for 14 years, many of those working on the Jane's product line. I completely respect what BFC are going through. I should have not jumped to that conclusion. But, my lack of patience says otherwise.

Ship the pig!

Part of the reason you might have come to that conclusion is that bigger developers have publishers to answer to and deadlines for product to be on shelves. That means that art and the game has to be done weeks or even months ahead of release so that it can be physically shipped to stores everywhere.

In contrast, here we don't have to worry about that, since we don't have to put product on thousands of shelves on a specific date. We can continue tweaking and adding small elements right up to release.

Additionally, the art that was missing (hint) was very simple, basic stuff that could be completed in a matter of hours. Heck, some of it was actually in the game but the files had just been misnamed in the current build... five minute fix.

Chris

Also, I can understand the impatience. :D

I don't know how many of you have played FTL: Faster Than Light, but I'm a huge fan of the game. There's an Advanced Edition with all sorts of new goodies that is supposed to be released "early 2014", and there hasn't been any further word on when it's coming out. I'm just about bursting with impatience to get my grubby paws on it!