Content in potential upcoming modules?

jakla1027

Well I might be wrong, please correct me if I am. Doesn't Red thunder & it's future modules eventually cover from summer of 1944 until May of 1945? If that is correct, then here is my question.

What new content might we see in the Modules?

I'm not talking about scenarios/campaigns....of course we'll see them:)

I'm curious as to new units/orders of battles, & what new weapons we might see. I'm not by far an expert on the eastern front of WWII but, from the looks of Red Thunder annoucment it looks as though pretty much every weapon, AFV that was in service from mid 44 thru may 45 is already included for each side. So I'm asking to hopefully learn, what weapons from small arms clear up to AFV entered service post Red thunder's time frame? I really want to know what kind of new stuff/toys I'm over looking or have completely missed that might be included into future Red Thunder Modules.

Thanks for any info you can share:D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germans are bound to receive some very late war vehicles and weapons, like Jagdtiger or Panzerfaust 60. Also the other organizations like SS, Luftwaffe, Volksturm and so forth. Also Finns, Hungarians and Romanians. Soviets are currently lacking Lend & Lease tanks and halftracks and there will be some very late weapons like SU-100. And of course partisans - Soviet partisans, anti-Soviet partisans, Polish partisans...

I think we might see Flakpanzer IV Ostwind, Jagdtiger, Sturmtiger, Hummel for the Germans. Soviets will probably see the SU-100 and the KV?

Were there any Hungarians or Romanians in Bagration?

Dont limit yourself to Bagration. The family covers Ostfront 44-45.

Jadgpanther didn't show up in the theater til October. Steve was particularly vexed to discover that inconvenient fact, but it will spice-up the later module. At some point the Bulge title is also on their to-do list and there's a laundry list of late war vehicles they'd need. The steel wheeled Panther for instance, the chin mantlet Panther. Late war Brummbar.

Jadgpanther didn't show up in the theater til October. Steve was particularly vexed to discover that inconvenient fact, but it will spice-up the later module. At some point the Bulge title is also on their to-do list and there's a laundry list of late war vehicles they'd need. The steel wheeled Panther for instance, the chin mantlet Panther. Late war Brummbar.

Resurrecting the Panther shot trap conundrum???? :)

I am hoping for a module showing the fighting in Hungary (Battle of Debrecen, Siege of Budapest, Operation Konrad, Operation Spring Awakening) with new Waffen-SS and Hungarian units. The fighting was much less one-sided than in other late war theatres and both sides conducted offensive operations.

We have hit decals now. There's no more 'conundrum' to the equation. :D

My understanding is that hit decals are a graphical flourish (and one that I am looking forward to), not something that has any effect on ballistics.

It will also be interesting to see how accurately placed they are. The current hit graphics are not reliable (at least not in WEGO).

I am hoping for a module showing the fighting in Hungary (Battle of Debrecen, Siege of Budapest, Operation Konrad, Operation Spring Awakening) with new Waffen-SS and Hungarian units. The fighting was much less one-sided than in other late war theatres and both sides conducted offensive operations.

This is one of my areas of interest as well. I've driven the route of the Spring Awakening attack, so that's something I'll be sure to spend some time replicating.

My understanding is that hit decals are a graphical flourish (and one that I am looking forward to), not something that has any effect on ballistics.

It will also be interesting to see how accurately placed they are. The current hit graphics are not reliable (at least not in WEGO).

I'm looking forward to them as well! But based on what has been said so far, I am inferring - hoping! - that they are something more than a "graphical flourish"? In that - whilst MikeyD may have had his tongue a little in cheek (?) - the decals WILL go in the appropriate places to reflect accurately where the hits took place? So, they won't affect ballistics, but they will reflect them.

So, in this particular case, we will be able to see if a shot hits the chin projection on the late Panther mantlet, or hits the lower curved surface on an earlier mantlet without the chin, and then see where - if at all - it ricochets to afterwards? Including a hit decal on the hull top deck if the shell does ricochet into it?

Hit decals are a big hit with the Beta guys and according to the powers that be exactly represent the intersection of shot with vehicle. They certainly look like they do during gameplay. There's still a couple glitches and oddities like shells striking windshields and headlamps but nothing that can't be fixed or forgiven, all things considered. Just today a pict was posted showing a Panther lower mantlet/hulltop combo from the same shell, though the long range shot didn't have enough energy left to penetrate the roof.

Just today a pict was posted showing a Panther lower mantlet/hulltop combo from the same shell, though the long range shot didn't have enough energy left to penetrate the roof.

Posted? Where? I don't see it in the threads nor do I see any new entries in the official screen shots page.

We want to see that - please, pretty please. Where is my sugar?