Content in potential upcoming modules?

jakla1027

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh... well, the T-90 was a harbinger of things to come. I don't now if we'll ever get a Maus in the game as it might break about 10 dozen game engine assumptions. However, something like the Panther F and IS-3 are candidates because we know quite a bit about them and had the war gone on much longer they would have seen service (even if in small numbers). Something like the E-100 or Panther II isn't something I think we'll ever get to since they were both cancelled during prototype stage.

Steve

E-50 and E-75, pretty please with sugar on top?

I am hoping for a module showing the fighting in Hungary (Battle of Debrecen, Siege of Budapest, Operation Konrad, Operation Spring Awakening) with new Waffen-SS and Hungarian units. The fighting was much less one-sided than in other late war theatres and both sides conducted offensive operations.

That would make for a great module

That would make for a great module

I

Seconded. Also battles like Ipoly, Komariom and the elimination of the Gran bridgehead descibed in Days of Battle. I gather there are at least two more books due later in the year covering operations in Hungary

The sword behind the Shield: a combat history of the German efforts to relieve Budapst Operation Konrad I, Ii and III NorbertSzamverber

Tomb of the Panzerwaffe: Th defeat of Sixth SS Panzer Army in Hungary 1945 Alexi Isaev.

However bothare to be published by Helion who seem to have a bad habit of letting publishing deadlines slip. Ver badly in many cases so we may not see the above books in spring/early summer as currently advertised on Amazon.

I know nothing about nothing on this (compartmentalized information) but we've got a modern war title coming that at least has the possibility of swimming amphibious vehicles. BMP-1, 2 and 3 for example. It certainly wouldn't be worth the coding effort just so they could field a swimming schwimmwagen but maybe a future schwimmwagen will be the lucky recipient of intensive coding for the modern war title. Even Beta testers have their own wish lists. :)

I know nothing about nothing on this (compartmentalized information) but we've got a modern war title coming that at least has the possibility of swimming amphibious vehicles. BMP-1, 2 and 3 for example. It certainly wouldn't be worth the coding effort just so they could field a swimming schwimmwagen but maybe a future schwimmwagen will be the lucky recipient of intensive coding for the modern war title. Even Beta testers have their own wish lists. :)

Amphibious vehicles would be nice but just plain simple assault boats/rafts would be even higher up in priority to me so we could recreate the 82nd's crossing of the Waal.

Also the thought of having ski troops where you could actually see the skis someday is appealing to me too. The ones in CMBB were fun but I'm sure the cmx2 version will be much better. I don't think they'll be any time soon though.

There were ski troops, however. I hope those will make an early reappearance when the weather would make them appropriate.

In the '44 time frame? They were used extensively for raids, pincer movements and counter attacks all throughout 1941-1943. Most notably the counterattack in front of Moscow in '41 and the Winter War. You don't hear much of them later on. But I could be wrong...

In the '44 time frame? They were used extensively for raids, pincer movements and counter attacks all throughout 1941-1943. Most notably the counterattack in front of Moscow in '41 and the Winter War. You don't hear much of them later on. But I could be wrong...

Right. That's why I added the caveat "when...appropriate". I don't know much about their use after, say, 1943, either though I suppose some were still around and used when useful.

Michael

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'm slowly starting to learn the Eastern Front!

I was wondering, between mid 1944 to May of 45, will the Soviets get any Mobile AA platforms? I have searched Google & haven't found any WWII mobile Soviet AA platform that were used during the war. I found a couple WWII era prototypes and post war stuff, but none of it seems to have been used during the war. Did the soviets have any other mobile AA weapons during the war? Did they receive any from lend lease?

thanks

One Force that IIRC was not even in CMBB are Soviet Airborne troops. I think their last significant drop was near Kanev in 1943 but I'm not well read on the subject.

I'm pretty sure there was. I remember a particular mission where you had to take hold of a town against a German QRF sent to dislodge your paratroopers (all of which were donning camo suits).

I agree it doesn't sound like Steve or Charles. Their position has been if it wasn't there it won't be in the game though I think they gave us the T-90 in CMSF for game play reasons as I think the evidence Syria had them in 2008 was dubious. Still they drew the line at the T-80.

Depends on how difficult things are to implement and how much time/drive they have, they certainly included the IS3 and T44 in CMBB.