Hoping for eventual DLC for Finland and rest of the Eastern Front Axis powers

Karelian

Considering how fun CMBB was with Finns back in the day, I really hope this game will eventually allow us to recreate all those scenarios and battles :)

I seriously doubt Steve would risk the ire of the Finns by not including them. I understand he occasionally still wakes up in a cold sweat thinking about it.

I would be surprised if the Finns were not included at some point, especially since most of their vehicles would be German or captured Soviet, but I do want to ask a serious question. Did people really play the Romanians and Hungarians enough in CMBB to warrant all the work it would take to include them? Also consider how many people (remembering most of Battlefront's customers are Americans) would pay to by a module/battlepack with them. Also remember this forum is not really representative of the customer base overall. Also if one does want the Hungarians/Romanians what else gets put off?

PS: Typed while Steve was posting his comment.

I live in fear of alcohol fueled Finnish taunting, so no worries about us neglecting the Continuation War :D

Steve

Oh gawd this is going to bring all of the Finns out of the woodwork. I guess that means "Winter War". Ski troops! Sergei must be half-out of his mind on Finlandia and running through the streets of Helsinki nude, yelling at the top of his lungs.

Oh gawd this is going to bring all of the Finns out of the woodwork. I guess that means "Winter War". Ski troops! Sergei must be half-out of his mind on Finlandia and running through the streets of Helsinki nude, yelling at the top of his lungs.

Oh god that reminds me of my university days when the professor of Medieval English was arrested for chasing his wife down the road with a two-handed sword ! :eek:

Hehe, good times.

Ski troops will be good.

This isn't too far from the truth, except I'm not done with my Finlandia yet... glunk glunk... okay, Mannerheim street here I come!!!

(of course you don't get ski troops for the 1944 campaign, but on the positive side, CMx2 does something that CMx1 didn't - so we can actually have Lapland War battles between Finns and Germans!)

One of favourite scenarios from CMBB was a Hungarian vs Romanian battle around a church ( if I remember correctly) with some Germans coming in late to stabilize the area. I think it was called "Battle of Minors" or something.

It was a great scenario and put you in an area where most of us never play. Hungarian vs Romanian.

If I had to choose, I would still choose the Finns though but it would be great to try out the Italians vs the Russians at some point also.

Also if one does want the Hungarians/Romanians what else gets put off?

Personally I'd want Barbarossa with all those tin can tanks (Pz IIIs duking it out with T-26s, yei) way before Hungarians and Romanians in '44 or '45.

I did play Hungarians and Romanians in CMBB, but to be interesting there would need to be scenarios where they aren't mere whipping boys for the Germans.

Did people really play the Romanians and Hungarians enough in CMBB to warrant all the work it would take to include them? Also consider how many people (remembering most of Battlefront's customers are Americans) would pay to by a module/battlepack with them. Also remember this forum is not really representative of the customer base overall. Also if one does want the Hungarians/Romanians what else gets put off?

I love the exotic stuff. I approach the different armies with an open mind and all that new gear/kit is very interesting and exciting to me. To me, ignoring the Hungarians or Romanians would be no different than someone ignoring a game set in Russia because they are US/Brit/CW centric/minded—it's a missed opportunity for knowledge and new horizons.

As for something being put off; why would it have to be an either or choice? People that aren't into Red Storm could say the Bulge is being put off because of it, but really our choices are expanding. the Hungarians/Romanians/Finns or whoever don't have to be their own module/pack, each one could be sandwiched into a bigger release or theme. Why limit ourselves if we have a choice not to?

Anyway, count me in as wanting to see as many nations and equipment as possible.

Mord.

We all have our list of priorities we'd like to see first, but I am pretty sure most people will take everything we can get.

And what EF is really delaying is CM:Vietnam! Christ 4 families and enough modules to give each Walton more than one! You East front grogs are greedy.

%$&$%&^D%!!!! heh heh

Did people really play the Romanians and Hungarians enough in CMBB to warrant all the work it would take to include them? Also consider how many people (remembering most of Battlefront's customers are Americans) would pay to by a module/battlepack with them.

I'm in, I'll pre-order now, even if I never use them, gotta have them...